Austin Hill Country favored over Abbott by 13

dallascovenant

11-man fan
According to Granger --- Austin Hill Country favored over Abbott by 13

Ok - can we use this as a sample 'Public vs. Private' match-up?

So who thinks Abbott takes this --- and you get 13 points -- any takers?

Guys ... this may be a year where there are some private schools that can be competitive with some of the top public school programs. Let's see if it becomes a trend, because I'm not ready to go there yet.

But remember ... I expect within the next five years we will have more private schools (including the home school groups) playing sixman football than public (UIL) schools. It's getting close now. I still think it's an issue of playing sixman football because we have to (public schools) vs. playing sixman football because we want to (private schools) ... and that connection to a community or town still is a great motivator for the latter group.

Anyone seen both teams play?

I'm not sure I totally agree with the private schools wanting to play six-man, with the recent/impending exodus in the last few years of Cedar Park Summit, Temple Central Texas Christian and Tomball Rosehill. Those were 3 strong programs in the south, now/will be playing on the big field. Maybe that's just becasue I'm in the south and have seen those teams play many times over the years. Oh, and I think I saw Temple Holy Trinity Catholic is moving or is thinking about moving to the big field. While I'm not aware that they have the six-man tradition of Summit, Central Texas or Rosehill, they seem to be having a good year so far.

It's hard to let go...

I ain't seen Abbott, but them Hill Country fellers iz prolly a coupla TDs bettern Abbott.

PS--Yew pekkerwoods better not let me down.

BigPapi":2a0ww687 said:

I'll go with Abbott by 2. I think the rabbits are hungry.

CowboyP":1db4coev said:
BigPapi":1db4coev said:

Maybe, but a rabbit don't eat much.

hornkeeper12":14rimx9h said:
CowboyP":14rimx9h said:
BigPapi":14rimx9h said:

Maybe, but a rabbit don't eat much.

Actually,
isn't a rabbit way down on the food chain??
Sandwiched between possum and squirrel?
I'm just sayin'.

Not being a Scientist (or even an enigineer, dig, dig, OBK) I went to the lonestar simulator to let it do it for me, but AHC is not listed on the 6m page so I couldn't. Ran Abbott-RS, RS 58, ABT 23 = 35 points. Lets see, RS beat AHC 74-38= 36 points. 36-35=1. So is that AHC by 1 or ABT by 1, or do you divide 1 by 2 & give them each a 1/2 point advantage? Wait were talking about 3 teams now, should it be 1/3 of a point, to who? This is not making sense. Let's go with common opponents (1). RS over Avalon 66-20=46 pts. AHC over Avalon 88-40=48 pts. Abbott over Avalon 61-12=49pts. Abbott wins the Avalon battle by 1 or 3, but wait, RS did beat AHC by 36. Don't know if Coach Burkhart played his starters all the way or not.... How the heck did Mr. Guru's toy come up with 13 ? Could it be, what's that computer term ??? A, Ah, Umm, ..... Glitch! that's it. The game's in Abbott with a long historic football history (ahem), so you can't factor out the Willie factor (you know, that Kevin Fowler song - Don't touch my Willie). Is that smell in the visitor's locker room burgers cooking or piped in from Willie's bus? Wait, for some reason I can't remember, do they even have a visitor's lockerroom?
I'd really like to see this one. C'mon Coach Dawson firem up, help Coach C win won for the Pustejovsky's.

Dogface":3i0njmux said:
hornkeeper12":3i0njmux said:
CowboyP":3i0njmux said:
BigPapi":3i0njmux said:

My system has these two only 1.6 points apart but AHC has that edge. I think it will be a great game.

Abbott 120.30
Austin Hill Country 121.90

CowboyP":2bsb5xuy said:
BigPapi":2bsb5xuy said:

you been reading my mail? I got them by 2 as well

BigPapi":134lwaux said:

uh --- justobserving / donkgrind ... you are silent on this matchup? do you need more than 13 points?

I'd have to agree with BigPapi here. seen abbott this year, have not seen hillcountry this year but saw them last yr, and they didnt lose much. Hillcountry by 45, unless they decide to be nice.

Population of Abbott, tx - 300
Population of Austin metropolitan area - 1.8 million

I'd say hill country has a slightly larger pool of athletes to choose from. It's amazing that stats like this aren't brought up more often in the "public vs private" debate...

LOL to all the numbers, including the number lost to large public schools by the private schools as the players chase the dream to play on the big stage. Everybody has issues.

Well after reading your post & that of my friend Flicka ah' mean Goob (I'm PMing Don Hardin for an introduction right now) I might have to change my thought's on reducing the spread. Eye whitness testimony is the best, just ask any lawyer. Just look at how it influenced the warren commission on the Kennedy assasination. The people, cat's & dog's must all be scrapper's the way they've played the last several year's. Then again it's only right the private money overcomes the public eventually.

Back