Who you got!!!??

Wow good game! Looks like Katy gave them a run for their money. Sets up a good game next week with baytown. Would they play in baytown or neutral site?

Baytown vs Watauga Harvest will be a neutral site. Trying for Buffalo on Friday night.

Hats off to Katy Faith tonight, they came to Harvest and played a great game. #32 is a beast. They were an awesome opponent as they played with heart and respect. Great program and obviously a real quality school.

SicEm74":1msuglrp said:
Wow! Talk about mind on the next play.

Details on the overall game please.

Baytown vs Watauga, have to catch that one!

I didn't get to see the game. My son (#3 for ACHS) had knee surgery Tuesday, and he wasn't able to travel today. I hated that he had to miss the last 3 games of his senior year, and I hated to miss this last one. I've been taking photos at all the ACHS games for 8 years. Missed tonight. It's been fun ride.

09-05-2015%20ACHS%20vs%20Brentwood%20Christian-8740-L.jpg

What a fun and well played game by both teams. Katy and Watauga teams represented what TAPPS is and should be about. I can't remember two TAPPS teams fighting a win or go home game that was played with more class and respect than last night. Watauga appeared to be the perfect host helping Katy unload their buses and equipment before and after the game.

The game itself was a horse race from the first play in which Katy #32 broke free for a long TD run, the first of many for him last night. Whoever said that kid was good wasn't kidding. He was amazing I think in the end he may have worn down a little. Watauga did what they do and that is they just keep coming at ya. Katy was huge and so much bigger per player than Watauga.. This is why Watauga is fun to watch you just don't think there is anyway they can beat a team that is that big. Watauga is lead by #6. Have no doubt that he is the leader but Watauga has several other weapons and maybe a few more play makers than Katy. I think last night was a perfect example of that. #32 may have won the battle but #6 won the war with the help of his team. #32 is the best running back I've seen all year. #6 is the best all around player I've seen all year not just running and passing but with his decision making as well, he spreads the ball around. Last night Watauga was a better team. Watauga has lots of weapons and will need all of them to stay with a loaded BC team who should be a heavy favorite. BC. It might take a perfect game to beat BC. As always I am pulling for Watauga.

I cant remember a game when I saw more hands extended offering to help opponents up after plays than last night. Both teams CLASSY. Well played.

Happy to hear about the sportsmanship. That's one thing you unfortunately do not see much of anymore. We all get caught up in the game and forget why we are all out there in the first place.
As far as the watauga vs bc game I think the spread will open up as watauga the favorite and definently not the underdog. I would think watauga -12. Katy and BC played a close game as well and Watauga is ranked as the #2 team in D1.

Shane prayers for your son and a speedy recovery.

BC and Pasadena are just loaded with lots of talent I wouldn't be surprised if that's you championship game.

I know there is a north vs south all star game at least there was last year. Any though or possibility to have a TAPPS vs public school all star game? I'd like to see how some of the best private would do against the best public. Or would it just be unfair? Are there any kids in private who have the chance to play in college? Any offers? Seems like there are a few kids who could play in college.

Dbsmithegg83 said:
I know there is a north vs south all star game at least there was last year. Any though or possibility to have a TAPPS vs public school all star game? I'd like to see how some of the best private would do against the best public. Or would it just be unfair? Are there any kids in private who have the chance to play in college? Any offers? Seems like there are a few kids who could play in college.

Private vs UIL is the Don Hardin Bowl. Last year the private schools won big. The game is next year for seniors only. Baytown Christian had one player to play football at UMHB this year. This year we have two possible football recruits.

Coach thanks for the information on the all star game/games. I am glad to hear that private not only held their own but beat public. There are some serious athletes in private. I know you have your fair share of those athletes. That's why I think you guys will be favored to make it to the state game. You have size and athletes. I've made it no secret I am a Watauga fan and as much as I like them you guys will be very very tough to beat. I saw a couple of your players last night HUGE. That's awesome that you have two possible recruits. I expect #32 from Katy is getting some looks. I don't know of any from District 1. What about District 2?

Wow the quarter final games are set and what a bunch of good match ups. No team has more than 2 losses.

Pasadena
Rockwall
Midland
Baytown

Those are my picks

Ovilla has a player from last year (#32) playing at Howard Payne this year. #1 has gotten some interest but he is primarily a baseball player and is looking to play baseball in college as his first choice.

Dbsmithegg83":2anh6did said:
Coach thanks for the information on the all star game/games. I am glad to hear that private not only held their own but beat public. There are some serious athletes in private. I know you have your fair share of those athletes. That's why I think you guys will be favored to make it to the state game. You have size and athletes. I've made it no secret I am a Watauga fan and as much as I like them you guys will be very very tough to beat. I saw a couple of your players last night HUGE. That's awesome that you have two possible recruits. I expect #32 from Katy is getting some looks. I don't know of any from District 1. What about District 2?

Wow the quarter final games are set and what a bunch of good match ups. No team has more than 2 losses.

Pasadena
Rockwall
Midland
Baytown

Those are my picks

Baytown at the Watauga game I assume? They do have some very big boys and they are as physical and strong as they are big. A lot of the big kids just look big and intimidating, but the baytown bigs are a handful and fun to watch. They also have some serious speed which could be the difference maker this week. That being said maybe #6 can run for the hills! That boy can fly and can create tough match ups for any team with the help of #9. He's a handful!

Where are the games this week?
With Midland in the mix this week, the AHC/Midland game should be the farthest away for most in Sanderson. The rest should be near the I-45 corridor....

Back