Who will shock the world

You’re right. We have no ring. Yet. But if and when it happens. U can bet, it will be soo much sweeter knowing it came from “HOMEGROWN BOYS”. No outsiders, no under the table recruiting, none of that crap
I am not from Loraine or have any tie to them. But winning 1 state championship doesn’t make you this long culturally relevant program. Go 5 years back and Westbrook is an absolute nobody in EVERYTHING. Loraine has been on the map for years in sixman. Also winning state isn’t the only achievement that determines the state of programs.
Well you can go back and read this thread. Who is one that started bumping their gums?? Nobody ever said anything about that. We are proud of where we have came from and don’t care what anyone says. We have a great coach and great kids that will leave and become great adults. If people want to bring their kids into a community that has a great school and a great support system then I guess that is their fault lol. I could care less what anyone from any other school has to say, if you want to be successful then you have to change the culture until then it’s going to remain the same year in and year out.

U sure about that? I believe otherwise. But it’s all good as long as his name’s kept out of some of them CLASSY FOLKS mouths y’all got down there.

PS: I’m sure enjoying getting to watch my boy play varsity ball 🏈🤣
That’s good and you should enjoy that. At the end of the day that’s what it’s all about. And so it’s time to move on, he wanted nothing to do with Westbrook and we know that and that and that’s great by us, we have zero problem with that.

You’re right. We have no ring. Yet. But if and when it happens. U can bet, it will be soo much sweeter knowing it came from “HOMEGROWN BOYS”. No outsiders, no under the table recruiting, none of that crap. All HOMEGROWN.
Just think about how much “sweeter” it would be if you had 6 HOMEGROWN kids, all from one family, like 3 sets of twins? And maybe a girl or two on the team to make it more socially acceptable! No outsiders! You might want to start working on that! lol

Agree to disagree, tired of arguing with someone who has already been proven wrong and keeps throwing wild accusations around. Especially when it comes to kids we watched grow up and turn into exceptional athletes.
Haters gonna hate and that's ok.....
#behumble
Just think about how much “sweeter” it would be if you had 6 HOMEGROWN kids, all from one family, like 3 sets of twins? And maybe a girl or two on the team to make it more socially acceptable! No outsiders! You might want to start working on that! lol

Haha don’t know where you’re from but I mean that’s very possible in these sixman communities 🤣

Well you can go back and read this thread. Who is one that started bumping their gums?? Nobody ever said anything about that. We are proud of where we have came from and don’t care what anyone says. We have a great coach and great kids that will leave and become great adults. If people want to bring their kids into a community that has a great school and a great support system then I guess that is their fault lol. I could care less what anyone from any other school has to say, if you want to be successful then you have to change the culture until then it’s going to remain the same year in and year out.
Yea actually someone did say something about it. I would by far have to say that other than Westbrook’s one state championship, is all they have. Up until 2020 Westbrook has been irrelevant. Loraine has always had a rich history in sports up until the past several years, and has always produced good home grown athletes in in several sports. Loraine will be back on the map starting this year. Not just in football. But in basketball and track as well. It’s hard tho to compete with schools that do get the “outsiders”. Let it come down to a community’s actual home grown kids against a community’s actual home grown kids tho. We know what it is and so do they👍🏼

Yea actually someone did say something about it. I would by far have to say that other than Westbrook’s one state championship, is all they have. Up until 2020 Westbrook has been irrelevant. Loraine has always had a rich history in sports up until the past several years, and has always produced good home grown athletes in in several sports. Loraine will be back on the map starting this year. Not just in football. But in basketball and track as well. It’s hard tho to compete with schools that do get the “outsiders”. Let it come down to a community’s actual home grown kids against a community’s actual home grown kids tho. We know what it is and so do they👍🏼
Yeah we all know but at the end of the day it’s hilarious because when others were involved with school and winning they had no problem with it at all. Now all the sudden there is simmering wrong with it. But like I said earlier the kid wanted to move off so he did and nobody is upset about it… trust me so let’s move on you cheer for your school and we will cheer for ours.

At the end of the day Westbrook has never done a thing wrong and we all know it. We can’t help that people actually want to be a part of what we have going on unlike other places. But again your opinions are exactly that…. Your opinions nobody cares about them at all. This boils down to a kid wanting to leave so he did and that’s that, nobody from Westbrook ever turned their back on him lol that’s actually hilarious. The best thing anyone can do is just move on and support your school or town because that’s what are going to do. Again there was never a problem when that ring was getting sized.

Last edited:
You’re right. We have no ring. Yet. But if and when it happens. U can bet, it will be soo much sweeter knowing it came from “HOMEGROWN BOYS”. No outsiders, no under the table recruiting, none of that crap. All HOMEGROWN.

Since Covid, large numbers of folks have relocated from cities to rural areas. If the area is nice, like most places in and around the hill country, there have been families moving in and adding to the schools.

A 100% home grown team is unlikely

Last edited:
Since Covid, large numbers of folks have relocated from cities to rural areas. If the area is nice, like most places in and around the hill country, there have been families moving in and adding to the schools.

A 100% home grown team is unlikely
I agree. Take into consideration the education side also. Some schools offer a better education or path way. I’m not sure what the definition is for home grown kids on this site. Westbrook had a kid transfer last year because of bullying but only played jv and this year he moved back to The school he came from. There wasn’t one kid on last year team with less than 5 years in the district. All of WB kids have 5-10 years in the district or several generations that have attended Westbrook. I consider that home grown.

This one kid that was at westbrook and went back to Loraine to play on varsity (Aggie 69 words not mine). His mom and grandma both graduated from westbrook. I don’t know how you consider him home grown for Loraine when he has attended westbrook off and on. Stop accusing WB of false accusations. Jealousy is a bad look.

I agree. Take into consideration the education side also. Some schools offer a better education or path way. I’m not sure what the definition is for home grown kids on this site. Westbrook had a kid transfer last year because of bullying but only played jv and this year he moved back to The school he came from. There wasn’t one kid on last year team with less than 5 years in the district. All of WB kids have 5-10 years in the district or several generations that have attended Westbrook. I consider that home grown.

This one kid that was at westbrook and went back to Loraine to play on varsity (Aggie 69 words not mine). His mom and grandma both graduated from westbrook. I don’t know how you consider him home grown for Loraine when he has attended westbrook off and on. Stop accusing WB of false accusations. Jealousy is a bad look.
no doubt

I’m not sure what the definition is for home grown kids on this site.

From the few fruitless conversations I have been part of regarding this topic, it's a team wherein the players are born and raised in that community (absolutely no move ins, no matter the age). It's just another way for cry babies to say that your team is recruiting.

Some of the retards on this site believe that any swinging dick that happens to drive through San Saba county is there because JB is trying to recruit them.

From the few fruitless conversations I have been part of regarding this topic, it's a team wherein the players are born and raised in that community (absolutely no move ins, no matter the age). It's just another way for cry babies to say that your team is recruiting.

Some of the people on this site believe that any guy that happens to drive through San Saba county is there because JB is trying to recruit them.
It truly sad. Westbrook is not a 3 year program. Westbrook has always played D1 and always falls in district with Sterling City / Garden City or Borden County / Highland / Ira. Four of those schools have multiple appearances at state and some state titles to go with it. Westbrook was a power house in the mid 90’s. Keep in mind Westbrook started football in ‘93. Westbrook has always been known as a basketball school with several regional tournament appearances and 2 state appearance both on boys and girls side. So this guy looks stupid to say Westbrook is a nobody until recent.

Time to move on from this childish crap.

I am not from Loraine or have any tie to them. But winning 1 state championship doesn’t make you this long culturally relevant program. Go 5 years back and Westbrook is an absolute nobody in EVERYTHING. Loraine has been on the map for years in sixman. Also winning state isn’t the only achievement that determines the state of programs.
Compare the districts before you join sides. Also look at schedules. Westbrook has always played Loraine and there has times where Westbrook 45 them but still didn’t make it to the playoffs. Just because Loraine falls in a weak district don’t make them a powerhouse. Just because Westbrook falls in district with Garden city and Sterling city don’t make them irrelevant. Know your crap before you side.

Loraine has had their success and that’s good. Westbrook has had their own.

It truly sad. Westbrook is not a 3 year program. Westbrook has always played D1 and always falls in district with Sterling City / Garden City or Borden County / Highland / Ira. Four of those schools have multiple appearances at state and some state titles to go with it. Westbrook was a power house in the mid 90’s. Keep in mind Westbrook started football in ‘93. Westbrook has always been known as a basketball school with several regional tournament appearances and 2 state appearance both on boys and girls side. So this guy looks stupid to say Westbrook is a nobody until recent.

Time to move on from this childish crap.
If you look at Westbrook on Lone Star, you will see that they played from 1938 to 1942 and had a good record then too. They dropped football in WW2 but never re-instated it until the 1990's. Westbrook was one of the inaugural 6 man schools in Texas.

Some of the retards on this site believe that any swinging dick that happens to drive through San Saba county is there because JB is trying to recruit them.
Stay out of this, u wouldn’t know nothing about it.
A 100% home grown team is unlike

If you look at Westbrook on Lone Star, you will see that they played from 1938 to 1942 and had a good record then too. They dropped football in WW2 but never re-instated it until the 1990's. Westbrook was one of the inaugural 6 man schools in Texas.
Thanks for sharing. I wasn’t aware of that stat and I was born and raised in Westbrook. I guess some people call me one of the Home Grown kids lol

From the Fence:

And as usual when someone on here runs there mouth and gets proven wrong they have to make themselves feel better by calling people names.
Well cry me a river and call me anything you want.
Just remember if you throw some crap on here with no facts to back it up, you will get called out.
The fact is he caught the ball. Lol. Couldn’t resist.

Back