Who could or should add football

Pdevitt13

Six-man expert
What 1A sized schools do you think could support a Six Man team that do not currently offer the sport?

Who are schools that you want to offer Six Man?

Lets hear who you got

Yes they do. The photos I have seen look really nice. It's a shame they don't field a football team to play on it.

I also think another basketball school should enter the football realm, Eula.
The usual suspects, Huckaby and Graford. Slidell and Lipan have grown so much that eleven man would be their option. All those guys not starting on the basketball teams not getting an opportunity to play football. Might get hurt? Stay off of the four wheelers, skate boards, motorcycles, bulls and horses too just to be careful. Good option is to move to Dell City and give that team a few more players.

Yes they do. The photos I have seen look really nice. It's a shame they don't field a football team to play on it.

I also think another basketball school should enter the football realm, Eula.
I don't think Eula will ever play football.

they are still to small, but it would be cool to see Valentine, Marathon , and Comstock play
Vakentine and Marathon are too small, but Comstock would be in D1. Comstock had a kid killed by an injury during practice the last year they played, and they have noit fielded a team since

If Darrouzett could do it then Skellytown could too. Also fort Elliot
I don't think Skellytown has a high school... if they have a school anymore at all. Most of those kids go to White Deer or Pampa that I am aware of. Ft Elliott could get away with a small team I think, but I'd be willing to bet any of those kids that want to play football would just enroll at Canadian.. Hard to not want to play for a powerhouse when you have the opportunity.

I believe in 1972, while getting ready to play the first game of the season
OK, I was wrong about the kid dying, but he was seriously injured
"That article might still be on the History thread.....September 9, 1971. A 130 lb halfback Howard Chamberlain was seriously injured during a scrimmage. Drs. George Hermann and Louis Cartall removed his spleen and 5 inches from the back of his stomach to stop serious internal bleeding that almost killed him.

Comstock was playing an outlaw schedule in 1971 and had several 8 man games with local 11 man JV squads scheduled. They ended up paying only one game that year and dropped football in 1972."

From this thread

I don't think Skellytown has a high school... if they have a school anymore at all. Most of those kids go to White Deer or Pampa that I am aware of. Ft Elliott could get away with a small team I think, but I'd be willing to bet any of those kids that want to play football would just enroll at Canadian.. Hard to not want to play for a powerhouse when you have the opportunity.
Oh I’m aware. Another school Pringle Morse has a decent JH and could have a HS too but they go to WT high. Skellytown has the numbers to be a D2 team

OK, I was wrong about the kid dying, but he was seriously injured
"That article might still be on the History thread.....September 9, 1971. A 130 lb halfback Howard Chamberlain was seriously injured during a scrimmage. Drs. George Hermann and Louis Cartall removed his spleen and 5 inches from the back of his stomach to stop serious internal bleeding that almost killed him.

Comstock was playing an outlaw schedule in 1971 and had several 8 man games with local 11 man JV squads scheduled. They ended up paying only one game that year and dropped football in 1972."

From this thread

Sort of in the same area as Comstock, Knippa had a kid get struck by lightning and die like in the 1940s. They dropped football afterwards and will probably never play again.

Comstock and Knippa are not the only schools to have had tragedy strike their student athletes. Strawn and I believe Gorman have had football players permanently paralyzed from on field accidents. The question is do you let these tragedies determine the future of all the student athletes going forward? That is very short sighted. I also recall a student from Gustine falling out of the back of a pickup on a Ag class related school trip and died years ago. So no more school sponsored field trips? So protect all those students by only playing basketball and buy little Johnny a nice four wheeler or motorcycle for thrills and all is well?

Back