Could It Work If Districts Sent 4 Teams To The Playoffs?

Pdevitt13

Six-man expert
Thread is pretty self explanatory but I really want to see what coaches/fans think about this for six man?

It seems as if the schools playing 6 man is going to continue to grow so as the number of teams increase districts would in theory have more teams too.

What do you think about 4 rather than 2 for the playoffs per each district?

It has been argued several times before. I agreed with Johnny South back when he suggested, for ease of scheduling, doubling the district teams and then taking 4 teams to the playoffs. The UIL mobsters would still get their percentages off the top of the same number of playoff games. No one else that I recall wanted to have the ease of scheduling the idea would present.

Thread is pretty self explanatory but I really want to see what coaches/fans think about this for six man?

It seems as if the schools playing 6 man is going to continue to grow so as the number of teams increase districts would in theory have more teams too.

What do you think about 4 rather than 2 for the playoffs per each district?
There's alot of 4 team districts so you can't take them all but I do think more than 2 should go

Doesn't 11 man send 3 teams per district?
Would change playoffs a little instead of Area/Regional, add one game Area then Regional.

If you raised these numbers by 5 how would that work in sending 4 teams to the playoffs.
Some of the outlaw teams could add numbers to the districts.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231031_165427_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20231031_165427_Samsung Internet.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 15
Take the top 3 teams and the school with the largest enrolment goes to D1 playoff regardless of where they finished, while the other 2 go to D2. I believe 5A did this for a few years. Could make for some interesting matchups in the playoffs.

Take the top 3 teams and the school with the largest enrolment goes to D1 playoff regardless of where they finished, while the other 2 go to D2. I believe 5A did this for a few years. Could make for some interesting matchups in the playoffs.
What if the top enrollment in one district is say 45 and the district they face round 1 has 104. If you do that then there’s no need for divisions, imo. Somewhere there would be this situation occur I’m betting.

Sending 3rd and 4th place teams to get 45d in the playoffs is not a good idea. It’s very unlikely 3 teams in a single district would all even have a positive record, much less be able to compete; I'm thinking.
Well they added a fourth team for 1A basketball. And I know football is different basketball, but that would be the first counter argument used against that thought.

Well they added a fourth team for 1A basketball. And I know football is different basketball, but that would be the first counter argument used against that thought.
Basketball is not split in 2 division though.
It probably should be!
Its not fair for schools with 90+ playing small schools with 30

Back