Who has the best chance?

In my humble opinion, Aaron Whitaker from Tyler Street is the best overall player in that district. 1st team all-state LB and 2nd team all-state QB last year at Duncanville Christway. Over 150 total tackles last year. Also a great kid on and off the field. But what do I know?? I only coached him... Lol

Coach Jerry Hargraves

FalconCoach":31q037cq said:
Dallas Tyler Street, Heath Fulton, and Waco Parkview make up District 2 now.

When re-alignment came out, this was a much bigger district. Duncanville Christway closed, Balch Springs Christian moved to TCAF, McKinney Cornerstone and Killeen Memorial decided not to play district because of low numbers.

Tyler Street will still take that District in my opinion ....

Maybe so, but I've heard Tyler Street lost alot of players the past couple of years. Either way it should make out for an interesting season in district 2.

You know I've heard about Tyler Street and Fulton, does anyone know anything about Waco Parkview, and do they have a chance in this district?

I'm not coaching this year. Took the year off to concentrate on Grad school. I'm just enjoying watching some good football from the bleachers.

Jerry Hargraves

Cowboy Im sure you will get the chance to see the Brehan-Covenant game ,would like to hear your oppion on the Brehan team. Would like to get to Waco but Im going to watch what could end up being a great 11 men game in this area. I seen Parkviews field two years ago, it was a field of dreams back then, it sounds like the dream has come true.

Many hours put in by several men, but one in particular has given us what i believe as one of the best playing surfaces around. We could put a lot of public schools to shame with our field. And our program is coming around. We are seeing glimpses of getting to where we are wanting to go. Like last friday night, and no disrespect to the FW harvest team, but we were up 24-0 in the first 32 seconds of the game. We didnt shoot ourselves in the foot with stupid turnovers and had a really good game for us. Granted i know it was against a struggling FW Harvest program, and again I mean no disrespect. But that is something that we havent been able to do in a long time.

FalconCoach":2uc6sney said:
Parkview easily has one of the best natural fields for six-man play. Azle has a nice one too, but that Waco grass is great.

By the way, brackets for the TAPPS playoffs are up: http://tapps.net/PDF/Brackets/sixmandivision2.pdf

Let the discussion begin...

If things go as they are now, there's gonna be one heck of a match up in the semi-finals. But, hey, some of us thought the finals were played in Seguin in the quarterfinals and the next two games were Brenham's victory lap. Some guys up in Duncanville screwed up that scenario, too.

A 16 team bracket; goes as deep as #6 in Dist 3 and #5 in Dist 1.

Lifegatesports, with 16 teams in, which means some Dist. will send all their teams, how many of the 16 do you think will have loosing records? I think this really wathers down the playoff. I would rather see 12 teams. I understand that in TAPPS that you must show up if you are in the Playoff. What happens if a school does not have enought kids to play at the end of the season?

Astro55":3dwbq0hl said:
Lifegatesports, with 16 teams in, which means some Dist. will send all their teams, how many of the 16 do you think will have loosing records? I think this really wathers down the playoff. I would rather see 12 teams. I understand that in TAPPS that you must show up if you are in the Playoff. What happens if a school does not have enought kids to play at the end of the season?

Every district is leaving at least one team at home. District 3 has the most bids into the playoffs with 6 out of 8 in the district. It's a shame District 2 only has 3 teams in it...I think we will be missing one of the top 16 teams in the state by leaving one at home, but I am a little biased. :) I think 16 teams is a good mix, sets up an even bracket, and allows some schools to play-in. It also allows the District champ a chance to pull in an extra game of gate receipts without having to go to a neutral site in area.

Good point Falcon, In most cases it will give some botton teams another game. Wow, I always though that it is very hard for TAPPS to make any money at the gate. Don't officals cost more for playoff games? We all know now that your Dist has 3 teams. I can see that the winner gets a bye, what is the advantage of comming in second? By the way I've seen you guys play this year. I like the QB, he has a good arm running down hill.They look like a well balance team.Where and when do you'all play Tyler St. Im going to try and make that game.where

Astro55":1cts7cmn said:

With one of the district 3 teams forfeiting a game this week (New Life), that means 6 of the 7 remaining teams make the playoffs as TAPPS does not allow a team who forfeited a district game to make the playoffs.

I would not be suprised if there are some cases of first round forfeits because of injuries, etc. Let's face it ... the 6th place team in D3 is going to have their hands full with the D1 champ; same for the 5th place team from D1 coming to the D3 champ. Games aren't gonna be pretty (a trip we took in our first season to Granbury Happy Hill comes to mind; the memories of getting whooped 88-6 become more pleasant and humorous only with the passage of time), but there is something to be said that, hey, we were in the playoffs!

Wish they had separated D3 and D4 champs into the top and bottom brackets, but I figured it probably would end as it did.

To bring it back to the original question, after watching the Covenant / Brenham game, Brenham definitely has to be the front runner. There offense is spot on and looks somewhat like a green team in D-I as far as execution. They have solid players and a great coaching staff. All in all, the are one to be reckoned with this year.

And it kills me to say that because I always want to keep the trophies north of Waco.

Great job by both teams. It was an exciting game.

Coach Harris

I have to agree, Brenham looked really good last night. Would love to see them and Greenville play! I bet that coach Crenshaw at Waco Parkview wouldn't mind keeping the state trophy there, to keep peace between the north and south schools!

I say Brehnam has the best chance to win the title this year! if the brackets are set up right.. it should be
Brehnam vs seguin lifegate in the state title game! i say brehnam should win byy more then 30 but its still early in the season so who knows what will happpen... and i wouldnt count out Dallas tyler street... Aaron Whitacker and Jd spencer know how to win the big games! they both attented Duncanville Christway and played on the state championship team with me last year! both were starters and now both are starting at tyler street!

veezy- what do you mean if the brackets were set up right? everyone thought that Tyler Street, Brenham, or Lifegate was going to win state last year. Good thing Christway didn't buy into it. I think the brackets are fine. The best team will win state this year, just like they did last year. Even if the final rankings didn't show it. So, it doesn't really matter which side of the bracket your team is in, eventually the best team will win it. Hope your team does well this year!

Back