Who can beat Abilene Christian?

JO,
I agree with you on this topic, mostly! But if you played football, and I'm guessing you did, you must have been one heck of a go-getter. Man are you persistent, relentless, and absolutely have no surrender in you. I bet you were even the ORGANIZER of your team. I am not trying to start anymore up with you, I admit I have no chance. The way I see it, Nobama should relinquish the Chosen One Crown to you. At the least I would like to nominate you as the official Chosen one of six-man football. You may not have all the answers, but you and Nobama have that in common. You derned sure think you do. I already feel guilty before posting, but geeeeezzzz, pulleeeeeezzz, can you get to the point a little quicker.

6-manEagle123+3 all world recruits,
I can't stress to you how much I could have cared less who wins the Aches vs Ira game just a few short days ago. I have to tell you though, and dern it, its not even the Aches players and recruits fault, but I am now officially hoping that Ira kicks the living shiite out your all world team just to stop the nonsense. It will be settled on the field as you and fanutic keep saying, and if Aches pulls it off, you may have the site all to yourselves. I'm afraid it will be eyeball deep in here. Peace Out Bro!

Well I have been trying to let this go for awhile now but all everyone does is say how horrible achs is and I'm not gonna sit around and watch so ig I'll throw in some input!
And these post mean nothing but when achs wins I won't come here post because it won't matter
I'll be relaxing as I said I would be and I'm sure footballfinatic11 will be too because Wel have already warned you about em the rest is on the team,but maybe just maybe because you know who they are now that when they when you might actually see the true talent and not just the words I've been posting
But o well
Have a good one!

For some reason I can't comprehend and that some don't seem to understand - I have nothing for or against ACHS. This whole thread has been about facts.

If ACHS wins you will not find me ducking, dodging, hiding or back peddling. They will get their due props ... they will advance in the eyes of the ratings and all will be good.

I have been wrong before ..... I think .... and when and if that happens I will be the first to step into the light - take my just shots - I will give my kudos and responses and life will go on ... It always does.

Are any of the ACHS players named Zues ??? Just wondering .....

I haven't seen one person post that ACHS was horrible or bad. It has just been questioned that they are as good as some say they are. Big difference there ...

SimplyPut":1v5e9nl6 said:
JO,
I agree with you on this topic, mostly! But if you played football, and I'm guessing you did, you must have been one heck of a go-getter. Man are you persistent, relentless, and absolutely have no surrender in you. I bet you were even the ORGANIZER of your team. I am not trying to start anymore up with you, I admit I have no chance. The way I see it, Nobama should relinquish the Chosen One Crown to you. At the least I would like to nominate you as the official Chosen one of six-man football. You may not have all the answers, but you and Nobama have that in common. You derned sure think you do. I already feel guilty before posting, but geeeeezzzz, pulleeeeeezzz, can you get to the point a little quicker.

Please Simply - I beg of you please do not mention me in any comparison or remote resemblance to "__________". I do consider that a personal insult.

I do not have all the answers but I do have my convictions and will defend them in straight dialog with what weapons I can muster. All I ask is that if someone disagrees that they give me just factual cause and not a bunch of emotional gobbilidy gook. I just expect some intellectual response.

I have been involved in more than just of few of these exchanges on this board over the course of 10 years or so.... They turn into a mental exercise ... that is a problem for some people.

JO, I told you I was already feeling guilty before I posted. That is the truth, and I still did it. I have my faults and I'm aware of them. I just want to let you know, I think your a good sport, and a good man for that matter. I really am a good sport myself, just a bit of a smart elick. Anyways, upon futher consideration, maybe it is just those large fonts that make everything seem bigger, louder, and a little irritating. See I told you I had faults. This site is great, I sit here smiling and laughing at others all the time. Do you think maybe the tides have turned on this whole topic a few post ago with my smart aleck recruitment talk. It was a joke, stir, stir and stir some more. But 3 transfers from a State Champion 5a school is questionable in itself. That doesn't even take into account the 4th that went back. I know I am deliberating hearsay based on a post. But that's kind of a dangerous post. I'm hoping that it is just talk from a student not yet graduated.

As for your request, you have my word. Never again. That being a personal insult to you speaks volumes in itself. lol
But you gave that one up too easy. You keep on keepin on, and ignore folks like me. Seriously, I'm just a cut-up.

I am going to try and explain things in a way everyone can understand.
The original question - who can beat achs?
The answer - anyone.
On any given night, any team can beat any other team. This is fact. In most cases the winner can be predicted, but upsets can and do happen. Players get injured, they have off nights (not performing at their normal level), one may have girlfriend or family issues, or the players may be mad at the coach. These are things that can't be predicted or planned for, yet they affect games.
Here is an example from last year - week 10 - Div1 Dist14 - Penelope upsets Aquilla with a 24-22 victory for district championship.
Week 13 - quarterfinals - Aquilla defeats Penelope 46-22
Aquilla was the favorite in both games, but they lost the first because of overconfidence, and won the next by actually stepping up and playing.
I am a die-hard Aquilla fan, but you don't hear me asking " who can beat Aquilla?" I refuse to ask a question unless I'm positive I want the answer.

Gnolhs":2zh395mz said:
Don't hate on a team just because of their fans.
We are not "hating on" your team. We haven't said ACHS wasn't good. We simply answered the question that was asked.
On a side note, I sincerely hope that the achs fans posting gibberish are not current or former students of said school. Their lack of intelligent writing, grammatical errors, and misuse of words would be an embarrassment to most academic programs.

Who are you to say we have grammatical errors? And misuse words? I apologize for not sitting around on the computer all day and checking all my grammatical errors for YOU, on a MESSAGE BOARD. Who cares? You are on about every post in this site, do something else.

And the transfers from the big school came for personal reasons. None of yalls business. They were on varsity as sophomores at a 5a state championship team school. They might have not got to play much, but they practiced with and against the #2 team in the nation every day.

FootballFinatic11":2q6cw71d said:
Who are you to say we have grammatical errors? And misuse words? I apologize for not sitting around on the computer all day and checking all my grammatical errors for YOU, on a MESSAGE BOARD. Who cares? You are on about every post in this site, do something else.

It doesn't take all day to check for spelling and grammar. Is that the excuse you give your parents?

FootballFinatic11":16zh7vi6 said:
What makes you think I'm a high school kid? Im really curious...

You communicate like you are in junior high. Your spelling and grammar are that of a child. If you're still a child, that would explain a lot. But if you are an adult - well... don't get upset when people call you out on your laziness.

O.K. enough is enough.

FootballFinatic11 your a smartazz little punk no matter your age. You need to grow up. When you insert yourself into a situation you need to be prepared for the consequences.

You need to respect those you interact with. In referring to your "none of your business" claim and your directive that someone else on these forum needs to "do something else" it will do well that you follow on your own advice. What someone else does with their time is really none of your concern, really.

You're in over your mental and emotional head. Your drowning in your own stupidity of thought and lack of knowledge.

The name calling - calling people dumb - calling people stupid - bemoaning your ability to interact in an intelligent manner is not the fault of the other members on this board.

I would suggest you spend some time in retrospect and figure out why you are having such a hard time in surviving in a "grown ups" environment.

You might well take some of your own advice and spend some time learning to properly converse. At least make an attempt. Yes it is a Message Board - but is also communication. It is difficult to put forth your views and opinions when a large portion of your effort is unintelligible or just plain incoherent. Please understand actual hard facts and documentation goes a long way in supporting your views and beliefs.

You have a nice day. Please come back to the "Message Board" any time you have a worthy statement.

justobserving - and have been on this board for a lot of years....

Let me say this as a fan of ACHS and someone who has an active interest in the school as a whole (I am not a coach or any type employee).
If you are a true fan and are on here guaranteeing ANY win or proclaiming them better than any public school, STOP IT. You are hurting those boys and believe me they are reading all this crap.
They have not once anointed themselves as the ones to beat. They are a buch of fine humble young men who are trying to get over last years disappointment. Which was more to do with a few players attitudes than actual poor play on the field. Everyone on here knows about the selfish actions of the QB in the playoffs and what that cost the team , but what you dont know is that two brothers (who were big contributors to the team) were kicked off the team a week or so before the playoffs started.
And to the jackass who made the thinly veiled recruiting comment. Almost all parents who put their children in a private school do so for education purposes and/or the christian influences that will surround them. And why would a parent agree to send their child to a private school to just play sports knowing almost any chance of a sports schlorship is almost zero. Abilene public high schools have been on the decline for years. So much that they laid so many teachers off that classes are so big now that some student have to stand in class because no more desks will fit in the room. Mabey thats the reason they left Abilene High. And the one who returned to AHS did so because that was his only option. If you understand what I am saying. So unless you actual proof of recruitment keep your asinine comments to yourself.
These boys (ACHS) has enough to worry about with class work, family, jobs, graduation, and yes football. They have enough pressure on them without someone who calls themselves fans adding anymore to it. If you are a real fan the best thing you can do is be quite and let the boys play. Not pile on so much unrealistic expectations that they dont enjoy the game.

Look I'm a new guy to this, and if you think I'm an ACHS fan then you are wrong, I've been looking at most of the posts on here and pretty much all of them are about how ACHS isn't a experienced team, or they cannot hang with a top team, but what I've seen there a pretty good team, but we just have to wait until October 14 I am looking forward to seeing these two teams duke it out!

FootballFinatic11":95btwro5 said:

Fanatic - Fanatical, Obsessive, Addicted, Enthusiastic, Zealous, Fervent . . .

finatic - not sure, maybe it's a manufactured word for final tic, maybe they work down at the Fina station, that's it, Fina tic

Back