Who can beat Abilene Christian?

I proudly represent the "never-was" contingent. My first ever sixman game found me on the sidelines keeping stats. Did that for 11 seasons. Exclusively a cheer dad for two seasons. Plan on having massive withdrawal pains next year.

rainjacktx":13c8bqj0 said:
I proudly represent the "never-was" contingent. My first ever sixman game found me on the sidelines keeping stats. Did that for 11 seasons. Exclusively a cheer dad for two seasons. Plan on having massive withdrawal pains next year.
Why deal with withdrawls? Just keep going to the games & cheer them on.

Just2be - sounds like "has-been" fits the bill, but I have enjoyed your posts, for the most part, despite the bold red font. RainJack, nice to know some history, because your edgy posts put you in a much tougher light.

CowboyP":l41fsh2p said:
rainjacktx":l41fsh2p said:

Could do that. But we're moving after my daughter graduates this May. I'm actually looking forward to having all my fall Friday nights open.

TexasJim":1ko38rt3 said:
Just2be - sounds like "has-been" fits the bill, but I have enjoyed your posts, for the most part, despite the bold red font. RainJack, nice to know some history, because your edgy posts put you in a much tougher light.

i am one of the original internet bad a$$es.

rainjacktx":xbuv8wpp said:
CowboyP":xbuv8wpp said:
rainjacktx":xbuv8wpp said:

Could do that. But we're moving after my daughter graduates this May. I'm actually looking forward to having all my fall Friday nights open.
Its not likely I'll miss an Aquilla game for several years. There are boys in the 6th grade that have asked if I would still have the Mohawk when they play varsity ball. I can't let the kids down!

CowboyP":o0u5e1xk said:
rainjacktx":o0u5e1xk said:
CowboyP":o0u5e1xk said:
rainjacktx":o0u5e1xk said:

Its not likely I'll miss an Aquilla game for several years. There are boys in the 6th grade that have asked if I would still have the Mohawk when they play varsity ball. I can't let the kids down!

Will you still have enough hair to make one by then?

TexasJim":1vc51nbc said:

I just wonder what your definition or thoughts are on a "has been". I guess in your mind and school of thought if you have completed your participation in something you become a "has been". I wonder what successful people who have moved on from endeavors see themselves as "has beens"'

Sorry, I just don't qualify as a "has been". I have been a past participant in may things including athletics. Sure not a "has been", I am a "been there done that".

I have new challenges and endeavors now that I will move on from and leave behind, still won't be a "has been".

You know I feel really sorry for people who see life from the "has been" perspective....

Everyone have a great and challenging day ....

oldfat&bald":pbfuw1xg said:
CowboyP":pbfuw1xg said:
Old Bearkat":pbfuw1xg said:
Will you still have enough hair to make one by then?
I'm not sure. It's already getting thin...

I remember when my hair was just getting thin. Ah, the good old days.
Ufortunately, I'm not losing hair. It just keeps moving south. My back, chest, & stomach have found all the hair my head has lost.

CowboyP":rgm3ulwz said:
Unfortunately, I'm not losing hair. It just keeps moving south. My back, chest, & stomach have found all the hair my head has lost.

Been there, done that too.

If any one ever reports seeing bigfoot on the High Plains, and he's wearing a ball cap, that's probably just me without my shirt on for some reason.

Public Schools vs. Private Schools: 5 of 13 games (38.5%)
Of these 13 games, private schools won 9 and public schools won 4

I guess that proves it.

Dogface":2dqs8zpj said:
Public Schools vs. Private Schools: 5 of 13 games (38.5%)
Of these 13 games, private schools won 9 and public schools won 4

I guess that proves it.

thought 9 private vs public games
seems like

Apple Springs vs Humble Christian Life ---- Apple Springs
Blum vs Fort Worth Nazarene ---- Blum
Chillicothe JV vs Lubbock Harmony ---- Chillicothe JV
Forestburg vs Decatur Wise County Home School ---- Forestburg
Fort Davis vs EP Immanuel Christian ---- Fort Davis
Sierra Blanca vs El Paso Home School Sierra Blanca
Buckholts vs Bastrop Tribe Consolidated ---- Buckholts
Calvert vs Tomball Rosehill ---- Calvert

Orange Community Christian vs Chester ---- Orange Community Christian by 3.68 [2]

but I could be wrong

Hi y'all! I'm new here. My kids go to ACHS - daughter is a cheerleader, and my son plays on the middle school team (QB). I usually serve as the team's photographer, but I didn't make tonight's game due to too many other things going on. We played Morgan - a team with 7 players that is 3 hours from Abilene. My wife was texting me the scores, and it was 45-0 way before halftime. It ended that way, as I'm sure the 3rd string got to play a lot.

Anyway, I was thinking how our bus drove past a lot of really good 6-man towns to play 3 hours away tonight. I was wondering why in the heck we can't schedule more teams like Ira that are better and closer to us. In my boredom and internet searching, I stumbled upon this really cool 6-man football forum. I haven't yet found the answer to my question of why we drove 3 hours to play 7 guys tonight, but I was interested to see a thread about ACHS.

But then I read the comments from a couple of the ACHS fans. I type all of this drivel just to say that I hope you fine folks don't think that the couple of posters here represent all ACHS fans and supporters in their cocky attitudes. Now, we're mighty proud of our team, just like everyone else is of theirs. I've watched all but a couple of games the last few years, and I can tell you that the Panthers have some great athletes and a very good team this year. But it's entirely possible that they're beatable. ANY team is beatable.

We haven't played a strong team yet, so it's hard to know for sure how a game against a great team like Ira will go. ACHS is really untested so far, as some have stated. ACHS is certainly head and shoulders above the struggling teams, but we haven't played a top tier team yet. We'll find out next week. I personally think that we have a good chance to win, but it is certainly going to be a much more competitive game than we've had all year.

I appreciate 1987's comment here:

1987":3fbse6d3 said:
Let me say this as a fan of ACHS and someone who has an active interest in the school as a whole (I am not a coach or any type employee).
If you are a true fan and are on here guaranteeing ANY win or proclaiming them better than any public school, STOP IT. You are hurting those boys and believe me they are reading all this crap.
They have not once anointed themselves as the ones to beat. They are a buch of fine humble young men who are trying to get over last years disappointment. Which was more to do with a few players attitudes than actual poor play on the field. Everyone on here knows about the selfish actions of the QB in the playoffs and what that cost the team , but what you dont know is that two brothers (who were big contributors to the team) were kicked off the team a week or so before the playoffs started.
And to the jackass who made the thinly veiled recruiting comment. Almost all parents who put their children in a private school do so for education purposes and/or the christian influences that will surround them. And why would a parent agree to send their child to a private school to just play sports knowing almost any chance of a sports schlorship is almost zero. Abilene public high schools have been on the decline for years. So much that they laid so many teachers off that classes are so big now that some student have to stand in class because no more desks will fit in the room. Mabey thats the reason they left Abilene High. And the one who returned to AHS did so because that was his only option. If you understand what I am saying. So unless you actual proof of recruitment keep your asinine comments to yourself.
These boys (ACHS) has enough to worry about with class work, family, jobs, graduation, and yes football. They have enough pressure on them without someone who calls themselves fans adding anymore to it. If you are a real fan the best thing you can do is be quite and let the boys play. Not pile on so much unrealistic expectations that they dont enjoy the game.

It's pretty much impossible to talk a kid into coming to ACHS if he/she is a true D1 college prospect. ACHS benefits some from getting transfers from Abilene's public school programs (Abilene High, Cooper, and Wylie). But we lose more kids to those programs than we gain - usually in middle school, and usually kids that are some of our top athletes. A lot of good athletes leave when it's time to start playing school-sponsored sports. My son's class lost a couple of great athletes to the public school programs in 7th grade, and it happens in every class. We lose girls to track and tennis programs too (at least 2 of those in my daughter's class). We also have a lot of children of college professors and doctors and such as well as foreign exchange students from all over Asia - very smart, but not NFL prospects by any stretch. HaHa!

Our kids are there because of the Christian atmosphere and good academics. The sports programs are great, but if that was the most important thing to us then we'd be sending them to one of the public schools instead. It is a blast to be involved in 6-man football though. What a GREAT sport! We get to go to some of the best communities in Texas to play, and I am always impressed by the friendliness of all the towns we play in. I hope we return the favor when y'all come and play us in Abilene.

In the meantime, it does look like the makings of a REALLY good 6-man football game in Ira next week. You can bet I'll be there. I hope some of y'all that can will make the trip. If you do, come sit on the Panthers' side and cheer 'em on. We'll take all the help we can get! :)

Shane":2b7o0csl said:
Hi y'all! I'm new here.

welcome to the board! Always nice to find a new face in the crowd. Just remember, like in life there are some who are ignorant, abusive, irrational, and down right stupid. But if you look a little closer you will find some great fans of the game and interesting insight into the whole process.

I haven't seen ACH play, YET, but it can and most likely will happen in the future. Only one me and over 300 team out there.

Use this forum to exchange ideas, meet new faceless friends, and support the young men and women involved in this sport. Support your favorite school and promote 6-man ball.

And feel free to carp on your teams rankings when they aren't rated as number 1.

But most importantly, does you c-stand make a frito pie?

fajitapete":lirhucq4 said:
Shane":lirhucq4 said:
Hi y'all! I'm new here.

welcome to the board! Always nice to find a new face in the crowd. Just remember, like in life there are some who are ignorant, abusive, irrational, and down right stupid. But if you look a little closer you will find some great fans of the game and interesting insight into the whole process.

I haven't seen ACH play, YET, but it can and most likely will happen in the future. Only one me and over 300 team out there.

Use this forum to exchange ideas, meet new faceless friends, and support the young men and women involved in this sport. Support your favorite school and promote 6-man ball.

And feel free to carp on your teams rankings when they aren't rated as number 1.

But most importantly, does you c-stand make a frito pie?

cantbelieve.gif
... Alright Mr. Pete - you aiming that stuff at me ?? ...
cantbelieve.gif

And Welcome aboard Mr. Shane to the friendliest human target range on the planet. Sometimes your the Windshield and sometimes your the Bug.

Most times it is hard to stay on the Windshield side ... At least for Me, Rain, Goob, OFB and a few others.

Shane,
Welcome, I'm kinda new here myself. I enjoyed reading your post. It was good to see that not all ACHS fans are arrogant. I'm gonna try to make the game, if my w@#k schedule let's me. I'm thinking it will be a game. Good luck from Gordon.

Back