Who can beat Abilene Christian?

CowboyP":2i7pfyfd said:
Don't you just love it when high school kids try to sound like an adult?

I like it better than when adults sound and act like kids, just saying, not directed at you CP, but I think we both know a few on here who fit the bill.

rainjacktx":1f08z5gf said:
hornkeeper12":1f08z5gf said:
I wasn't ignoring anybody, it was examples. The complete list woulda had Valley on it. Along with about 25 other schools.

Just making an observation.

O.K. - that's my job ....

The kids are a hoot ... No one yet though has reached the level of our winner of years past - 123Ranger - he was on a level ( haven't figure out to this day whether it was high or low ) all his own ....

They take everything so personal .... LOL

fajitapete":l39j24wu said:
CowboyP":l39j24wu said:
Don't you just love it when high school kids try to sound like an adult?

I like it better than when adults sound and act like kids, just saying, not directed at you CP, but I think we both know a few on here who fit the bill.
Yep, but I wish the kids would just say things without trying to act grown-up.

justobserving":353at1oj said:
O.K. - that's my job ....

The kids are a hoot ... No one yet though has reached the level of our winner of years past - 123Ranger - he was on a level ( haven't figure out to this day whether it was high or low ) all his own ....

They take everything so personal .... LOL

I remember that kid. We need another one just like him.

"1,2,3 BABY!!!"

FootballFinatic11":2wamtau1 said:
I think that it's great adult or kids, we get on here and discuss the teams and have fun rambling back and forth :)
Ramble? I never ramble. I wonder what my wife gave me for lunch. I need new boots. What's that smell?
Sorry, lost my train of thought. What were we talking about?

CowboyP":2k9i312k said:
FootballFinatic11":2k9i312k said:
I think that it's great adult or kids, we get on here and discuss the teams and have fun rambling back and forth :)
Ramble? I never ramble. I wonder what my wife gave me for lunch. I need new boots. What's that smell?

Eating you smelly new boots for lunch I think . . .

FootballFinatic11":11uwu0ya said:
Why always so hostile cowboy? I was just making a statement I wasn't getting specific. You seem to always want to disagree?
Hostile? How did you get that from my not-rambling? I just like to have fun.
Btw, I don't agree that I always disagree. :)

fajitapete":13mx78f2 said:

Eating you smelly new boots for lunch I think . . .[/quote]
That was one of your best Pete. Keep up the good work!

The bottom line is this. ACHS may or may not be the greatest team to strap on a jock strap. If they are, more power to em. Either way, they have not yet earned the respect that you want. What exactly is it ur looking for? Everyone to agree? Its not gonna happen. You looking to be able to say I told ya so if they win? Give this a try. Sit back and watch, and then brag about how good your team is once they have accomplished something. I hope they do win state, so that all of the greatness you have proclaimed actually means something.

FootballFinatic11's statements are the distorted perspective that is displayed much of the time from the loyal to the death six man fan. This is so very true for the younger. Since so many six man fans live in such a self contained small world ( ok everyone take off on that little statement ) they have no true comparatives for their perceptions of just how good a given athlete or team might be. Their only comparison lies within their world. Compare to themselves or compare to those who have come before them or that are just behind them in school.

Team speed to them is this team they have is faster than they have ever been around. Judging other teams from the stands gives them no true measure of difference. Their star is just as good in their mind as the next teams when this is not the case. This is especially true of those who do not take part but are just onlookers.

You can not be down on them for their lack of knowledge and ignorance of facts. You can be down on them when they will just not listen to the facts.

When they actually experience the Dwayne Miles, Tyler Ethridge, Brandon Hoskins, Josh Colunga and other really above the norm athletes along with seeing four or five really strong state championship games - only then will they begin to understand that there are certain facts about the game that are universal. Stats and production and what situation those stats and production are garnered will become a much easier thing to understand and accept.

Sometimes no matter how much you prepare - how much you want it - or how hard you try - your just not gonna come out the victor. This does not make you a loser - just means your just not as good as the other guy. That happens.

Faith and hope is what makes a fan a fan ..... ( unless your a Tech fan then that just makes you delusional )

End of this rant ....
cantbelieve.gif
except for how did "eating smelly boots " get into this? Did I miss something ?
cantbelieve.gif

First of all "justobserving"
That's the d thing you've said all day?
Abilene has no teams to compare to?.?? Is that a joke? Do you realize what other schools are in abilene? The transfers to that school that are fast and lead the team in a lot of areas played on the state championship team from Abilene high? They grew up playing with the herchel Sims and dariuos joshephs and the Chris Williams's
And just all around ridiculous D I've followed these boys because I saw potential, and from what I've seen they have matured and can't be stopped? The players I have just listed all went D1 and guess what that is just 3 of the D1 players out of the 18 that have gone in the past 4 years? You have got to be kidding when you say they have no one to compare speeds with, I'm sure footballfinatic11 has seen them play and knows that they have potential to just be crazy good! I'm "just saying" the speed that they have grown up with is ridiculous and they were playing on a state championship team so if your saying they haven't been their well guess what... they have,
And you listing players is unnecessary because the athletes on achs are definitely above average? So by you saying they aren't ready or whatever is just small talk because it means nothing, I just thought I would make sure you were a bit more informed before you just shut achs down? I don't see why fans for achs can't say they have speed and say they are great? I understand you don't think so but guess what when you say stuff about other teams the achs fans think they aren't any good? So either way you argue it doesn't matter... Because the fans of achs think they are great and most others don't. All any one can do is sit back and watch the boys go at it.

6-maneagle...why do you end every statement with a question mark? I'm just so perplexed what you were rhetorically asking and what you were proclaiming. Perhaps its your subconscious uncertainty about your team coming through, i cant tell

Just observing, that was definitely the dumbest thing I've heard all day. How are you going to tell people what they have seen? 6 man eagle is right, 3 achs kids played on a 5a state championship team with at least 3 D1 prospects on it and your going to say they've never seen a good player? come on now that's just straight ignorant. It sounds like to me you have a personal problem with aches and your just getting on them for no reason and your just a tad bit upset. Come see these kids play then you can really see how dumb what you just said was.

I have faith in them, that's a promise
I have no doubts
But like I said I'm gonna sit back relax, and wait till those boys take all the odds against them and just make them vanish.
But to be honest no matter what we say on this post isn't going to change your minds and what you say isn't going to change mine.
And when achs wins no matter how's it's done, there are going to be some random excuses and alot of nonsense from all these people that give Abilene no respect.
All I have to say is a win is a win.

When you pose the question "Who can beat Abilene Christian?" I would hope that there would be 252 teams step up and say "We Can!".
If they don't maybe they shouldn't be playing.
If you don't want an answer, don't ask the question.

More than happy to post and expound my "dumb" against the obvious ignorance and defensiveness.

Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz !! You guys are a pip. Just keep on pumping out the emotion and perception. The football gods are having a good laugh at this one " I guarantee you little tjoahn".

We'll just have to see how my "dumb" plays out. You see - we "old heads" ( who don't know near as much as the young pups do ) on the forum have heard all of this before - countless times.

What is funny through all of this you ACHS fanatics have totally ignored the data and facts - never even acknowledged them ... Why is that ?

Oh well waiting on the next salvo of how great all of the transfers are etc etc etc etc etc just add another 200 etc's - I don't want to deal with the typing redundancy...

And would you ACHS guys please look up the meanings of "rambling" - "aimless" - "focus" and the phrase "keeping on task". That should keep you busy for a while.

Oh yea - I looked up ACHS on the internet and I didn't find anywhere it intimated they were unbeatable god like entities occupying a green outlined area where competitions take place... Oh that means "football field".

They wanted an answer - they just don't understand the one they got.

OK you keep wanting a list - here it is ...

1 Rankin 5-0 299.49
2 Throckmorton 5-0 295.40
3 Ira 4-0 294.80
4 Borden County 4-1 292.47
5 Valley 4-1 286.32
6 Water Valley 5-0 280.15
7 Sands 4-1 273.26
8 Petersburg 4-1 267.58
9 Follett 2-2 267.31
10 Crowell 4-1 263.40
11 Garden City 3-2 262.92
12 Aquilla 5-0 262.21
13 Aspermont 5-0 259.08
14 Meadow 3-2 258.64
15 Abbott 5-0 257.86
16 Ropes 4-1 256.17
17 Spur 1-4 253.60
1 Richland Springs 5-0 304.86
2 Motley County 5-0 279.58
3 Jonesboro 5-0 270.73
4 Sterling City 3-2 252.89

Now I want facts and data on how ACHS is going to defeat every one of these teams. No emotion - no dreams - no supposition.

Tell us how specifically it is going to be done against each opponent.

I await the answer .....

Back