Westbrook challengers?!?

Texas6Man

The Wesp’s HS Coach
Just curious on what others out there think… Is there a D1 team out there that can push WB for 4Qs and keep it close (within 1 score)? I don’t mean a fluke thing where they catch lightning in a bottle, I’m talking about they could line up 10 times and at least 7-8 of those it would be a dog fight to the finish. I don’t know enough about Abbott or Jonesboro to have an opinion on either team. I do know they both have made some good runs over the last few years so I assume they’re well coached teams. So who’s got the best chance to slow down the buzz saw that is Westbrook?

Last edited:
From the Fence:

So it's Week 1, NOT week 11.
I'll start off by saying having confidence in your team is great, I have all the confidence in the world in Westbrook, but slow your roll there Texas6man. There are numerous teams that will test Westbrook this year, that's literally why we play the toughest regular season schedule possible. If you aren't tested you never know what you can really do. Battling for 4 quarters and gaining that stamina, strength and knowledge is what Westbrook wants, week in and week out.
Last years State Title game against May was one of the best 6man state games in a long, long time. May did give Westbrook a run for their money. That game came down to the final play on 4th down to win it all. That game was a testament to hard work and perseverance from both Teams.
I believe Westbrook will be tested at every game, I believe Westbrook will overcome adversity and push to be the best they can be at every game.
I believe if you aren't tested, and pushed to be better every week then you shouldn't even be playing the game.

And for the rankinalum, we all heard the same talk last year, that didnt go so well now did it. Rankings are semi-educated guesses, nothing more and don't mean a thing when you step on the field....
So roll that big ol bbq trailer out like yall did at last year's playoff game, cook up some dang good food with it, I'm sure everyone from Rankin will need something to look forward to because a win against Westbrook is not looking good for yall this year either.

#westwhat #behumble #AOEON3

From the Fence:

So it's Week 1, NOT week 11.
I'll start off by saying having confidence in your team is great, I have all the confidence in the world in Westbrook, but slow your roll there Texas6man. There are numerous teams that will test Westbrook this year, that's literally why we play the toughest regular season schedule possible. If you aren't tested you never know what you can really do. Battling for 4 quarters and gaining that stamina, strength and knowledge is what Westbrook wants, week in and week out.
Last years State Title game against May was one of the best 6man state games in a long, long time. May did give Westbrook a run for their money. That game came down to the final play on 4th down to win it all. That game was a testament to hard work and perseverance from both Teams.
I believe Westbrook will be tested at every game, I believe Westbrook will overcome adversity and push to be the best they can be at every game.
I believe if you aren't tested, and pushed to be better every week then you shouldn't even be playing the game.

And for the rankinalum, we all heard the same talk last year, that didnt go so well now did it. Rankings are semi-educated guesses, nothing more and don't mean a thing when you step on the field....
So roll that big ol bbq trailer out like yall did at last year's playoff game, cook up some dang good food with it, I'm sure everyone from Rankin will need something to look forward to because a win against Westbrook is not looking good for yall this year either.

#westwhat #behumble #AOEON3
May pushed them for sure but even in that game, to me personally, it still felt like your wildcats always had full control no matter the score. Every team is beatable or we wouldn’t play the game but you guys have something special from watching the games as just a fan of good 6 man football. Hopefully they are tested each week, that’s the only way to grow. My question wasn’t saying it’s a hands down go ahead and hand em the ring there’s no need to play the season as much as which teams are truly a threat? Just my opinion but I feel like there are probably only a limited few who have the tools to do so. At any moment things can change so we will see and with the schedule you guys lined up they are planning on finding out each week. I watch with interest

May pushed them for sure but even in that game, to me personally, it still felt like your wildcats always had full control no matter the score. Every team is beatable or we wouldn’t play the game but you guys have something special from watching the games as just a fan of good 6 man football. Hopefully they are tested each week, that’s the only way to grow. My question wasn’t saying it’s a hands down go ahead and hand em the ring there’s no need to play the season as much as which teams are truly a threat? Just my opinion but I feel like there are probably only a limited few who have the tools to do so. At any moment things can change so we will see and with the schedule you guys lined up they are planning on finding out each week. I watch with interest
From the Fence:

The next 4 games on Westbrooks schedule will give you all you want and more for some dang good 6man football. Take the time, plan the road trips and go watch them all. I'm sure you will not be disappointed.
I personally am looking forward to the Garden City game after they squeeked by Valley last Friday. We will see how they fair until then but that should be a really good game before District play opens.

you do know that May lost one of their key players last year in the playoffs.

Last edited:
Hey did you see them May Tigers are number 2 now? Could it be a rematch??? Way to early to for all that kind of talk. It’s a long season lots could happen but how fun would that be? Another instant classic.
I would be down to watch that rematch. It was a great 6 man championship. I know it went our way, but in all honesty both teams deserved that win. It was a really hard fought ball game and had some really good athletes on both sides.

Hey did you see them May Tigers are number 2 now? Could it be a rematch??? Way to early to for all that kind of talk. It’s a long season lots could happen but how fun would that be? Another instant classic.
I'd watch a rematch, just have to wait and see...
Like you said it's way too early in the season to be talking about December games lol

Back