Water Valley vs. Ira

Water Valley, Garden City, Sterling City, Forsan, Coahoma, Westbrook, Knott (now part of Sands), and Courtney (extinct) were part of the first 6 man district in West Texas in 1938. They stayed together in a district until 1942 when Westbrook dropped football. After that these teams stayed together in a district with Rankin joining in 1947 until 1948 when Coahoma went 11 man. Christoval and Irion County joined with them in 1948. Courtney left after 1950 and Rankin went 11 man after 1951 and the district stayed together with no changes through 1959 when Water Valley, Irion County, Christoval, Dawson and Flower Grove went back to 6 man from 8 man.

biggrin.gif

I didn't know much about WV until i was hooked on 6man a few years ago, but from all i've seen from WV is no class. No class at all. It really makes it hard to wish them luck in playoffs...GO Bulldogs...but to be fair, this is the first year WV has won a playoff game since WWII. So I guess their just not used to playoff adrenaline. haha :)

I believe in Water Valley. People say we put too much in to our sports, well if that's the case...Go WILDCATS!! When it comes down to it all Water Valley has is their sports. I mean we have academics as well, which we always excel at. We need something else to be proud of. Who cares if this is as far as we make it? Who cares that we may lose to Ira? It would just go to show that they were just a lil bit better, or maybe it will go the other way around. Who knows?! This is a big accomplishment for us we have done something that hasn't been done in 65 years. Its something we should be very proud of. Everyone always laughed at us when football season came around because we were known as the Losing Wildcats.. until here reciently when we started caring just a lil bit more. We started getting more and more support from our fans and family. We saw that they were dedicated now, we grew stronger and better. We became more dedicated. Now we're back to back district champs, and bi-district champs. Now we're Unstoppable! This year I predict we can and hopefully will go to state!! We just need to take it one game at a time. This is YOUR year boys!! Make them wish they never doubted you!
GO WILDCATS!! Let's show em what we're made of!!!!

WV Class of 07":2pf3uqn2 said:
I believe in Water Valley. People say we put too much in to our sports, well if that's the case...Go WILDCATS!! When it comes down to it all Water Valley has is their sports. I mean we have academics as well, which we always excel at. We need something else to be proud of. Who cares if this is as far as we make it? Who cares that we may lose to Ira? It would just go to show that they were just a lil bit better, or maybe it will go the other way around. Who knows?! This is a big accomplishment for us we have done something that hasn't been done in 65 years. Its something we should be very proud of. Everyone always laughed at us when football season came around because we were known as the Losing Wildcats.. until here reciently when we started caring just a lil bit more. We started getting more and more support from our fans and family. We saw that they were dedicated now, we grew stronger and better. We became more dedicated. Now we're back to back district champs, and bi-district champs. Now we're Unstoppable! This year I predict we can and hopefully will go to state!! We just need to take it one game at a time. This is YOUR year boys!! Make them wish they never doubted you!
GO WILDCATS!! Let's show em what we're made of!!!!
Did anyone else have to read this more than once to understand what's going on per this post.....But I understand what your saying....with that said, all the sixman teams I know and follow,(one in particular), the fans and family follow that team with support whether having a losing year or having the state championship trophy on display it doesnt matter. I think that when you start having fans and support only when you are winning, those are not fans in my book. I have noticed that WV has more vocal followers on this site than probably any team that I know of and most have just joined the thunderwagon this year(there are a select few very loyal followers and are very good supporters) And again those teams that I happen to follow have the same dedication
to sports as well as academics, so I dont think that just happens in Water Valley.

If you have followed sixman ball for very long then you know every team has their up and down years (except for a select few that are good year in and year out) thats just the game, the fans and support of the team stay the same year in and year out.

Well said ryry:

We have played Water Valley in sports for as long as I can remember, they do have some very dedicated fans
win or lose.
I watched some of the students from Water Valley last year show some poor display of sportsmanship when we
played Water Valley in basketball by holding up signs about Sterling City being 45d by Richland Springs at the State
Championships at first I was angry but then I smiled knowing we might have lost but we were there. I am not for
sure if it bothered our young men or not they never showed they continued to play hard,
I am writing this because I know there has been some and maybe too much boasting on this site about the wildcats
but win or lose I do believe their loyal fans will be proud as we are here in Sterling City of our teams.

Back