UIL State Executive Committee to Meet (Richland Springs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just seen multiple post about how Rochelle was out to get RS or how it was Dave’s fault. My comment not necessarily direct at you just sarcasm.
I feel like this was a coup. An internal power struggle played out as a failure to comply with rules. Why else was only one man indicted? Big paper trail and only one person goes down huh?

You are exactly right. None of the RS faithful are talking about the PAPF, which was admittedly changed after the fact. That is a big no no and could be tracked by the UIL portal. In my OPINION, JB knew he didn't have enough to win it and was willing to do what he needed to do to get there.
The replies here are still filled with emotion for and against. The Professional educators on the SEC HAVE YEARS OF EXPERIENCE In these matters. They are not lawyers but they are rational individuals who eventually make rational decisions once all have been heard When the PAPF WAS ALTERED a RED FLAG was whipping in the wind then when parent released phone records it got really breezy. They didn’t penalize the kids for a coach mistake thats a rational decision although it very well could’ve have gone the other way. A coach with years of experience knows the rights and wrongs of any interactions with players,with parent, with administrator, with community with media. I am assuming that the exact phone conversation will be kept between the two having it. But just the simple fact that that call was placed and answered and 14 minutes long is that red flag. The accusations of all previous years are just that and will remain that accusations. Athletes always want to play for a winner. There’s nothing wrong with that yearning. I hope that all of those affected and effected and there are more than current football players (You’ve got family members from both sides ISD EMPLOYEES students in both schools and both communities) I hope by this event will stop and reflect on its causes and find the calm sense to heal it. Winning builds pride in the winners resentment amoungst the losers. It’s not the end of the world for anyone involved its a speed bump in the road of life.

Have y'all actually listened to the DEC meeting in full? I have.

Dave Lewis of Rochelle did a heck of a job and was as neutral as you can get on something like this. He tried to stick to the facts. It was very obvious that any and all evidence was given to all parties PRIOR to the meeting and that almost NOBODY looked at it prior. He was super patient with the other members to allow them to get through everything. If RS didn't bring any evidence to counter, then that is their fault. They were given everything ahead of time.

As stated above, the case stands on the changed PAPF, the 14 minute call, JB calling the kid back (or not) that day 8/8 (but whatever the case, they spoke more than once that afternoon), the call on 8/10... then stating that there had been no contact prior to enrollment on the PAPF. These are all stated facts.

Now the question around the PAPF -- in my opinion, there are a ton of questions on the PAPF that appear confusing (I know as a parent since my kids needed them to be eligible for their school, which is a magnet program). I get that, but RS has filled these out before. I believe the wording should maybe change, but that's neither here nor there. The bottom line is they knowingly changed it.

As for the phone call(s). No call should be over a minute. Get off the phone, especially if you think you are being set up. JB kept saying he thought he was being set up, but he took the calls and stayed on for 14 minutes. He also likely called back that day. (they went back and forth on whether the later calls that time were incoming or outgoing, I heard it both ways). If JB knew this was going to be part of the record (which he should've because they were sent all evidence) AND he DIDN'T call the kid back, then have that evidence or show it at the meeting. DO NOT CALL a kid that doesn't go to your school, NEVER EVER. Call your Supt and self report. CYA at all costs.

IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT THE CALL WAS ABOUT. GET OFF THE PHONE. No contact prior to enrollment means no contact.

Dave Lewis of Rochelle did a heck of a job and was as neutral as you can get on something like this. He tried to stick to the facts. It was very obvious that any and all evidence was given to all parties PRIOR to the meeting and that almost NOBODY looked at it prior. He was super patient with the other members to allow them to get through everything. If RS didn't bring any evidence to counter, then that is their fault. They were given everything ahead of time.

As stated above, the case stands on the changed PAPF, the 14 minute call, JB calling the kid back (or not) that day 8/8 (but whatever the case, they spoke more than once that afternoon), the call on 8/10... then stating that there had been no contact prior to enrollment on the PAPF. These are all stated facts.

Now the question around the PAPF -- in my opinion, there are a ton of questions on the PAPF that appear confusing (I know as a parent since my kids needed them to be eligible for their school, which is a magnet program). I get that, but RS has filled these out before. I believe the wording should maybe change, but that's neither here nor there. The bottom line is they knowingly changed it.

As for the phone call(s). No call should be over a minute. Get off the phone, especially if you think you are being set up. JB kept saying he thought he was being set up, but he took the calls and stayed on for 14 minutes. He also likely called back that day. (they went back and forth on whether the later calls that time were incoming or outgoing, I heard it both ways). If JB knew this was going to be part of the record (which he should've because they were sent all evidence) AND he DIDN'T call the kid back, then have that evidence or show it at the meeting. DO NOT CALL a kid that doesn't go to your school, NEVER EVER. Call your Supt and self report. CYA at all costs.

IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT THE CALL WAS ABOUT. GET OFF THE PHONE. No contact prior to enrollment means no contact.
Exfreakinactly.

Thank you.

This is simple logic, idk why some are saying he did nothing wrong. Idc if it was about cattle you check the yes box about talking to him before he transferred and leave it checked. And get off the phone. He did not anticipate the mother turning over the kids phone records that is what went wrong for him.

You are exactly right. None of the RS faithful are talking about the PAPF, which was admittedly changed after the fact. That is a big no no and could be tracked by the UIL portal. In my OPINION, JB knew he didn't have enough to win it and was willing to do what he needed to do to get there.
Listen to testimony. The Dad first put no, then the mom stated Williamson advised her to change it to yes. Then the dad went back and checked no. They didn’t agree on the move and that’s where most of the “evidence” came from. Then the mom testified that she had no proof and she was mad and selfish…. To say RS changed it is false information.

Dad has spoken. Hes about to bring out the paddle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back