UIL State Executive Committee to Meet (Richland Springs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listen to testimony. The Dad first put no, then the mom stated Williamson advised her to change it to yes. Then the dad went back and checked no. They didn’t agree on the move and that’s where most of the “evidence” came from. Then the mom testified that she had no proof and she was mad and selfish…. To say RS changed it is false information.
Not at all what happened....mom didn't once say there wasn't proof. She said she didn't want him going to Richland in the beginning because of her own madness/selfishness and because it is a 35 minute drive to Richland from Mullin. The 14 minute phone call is all that was needed, it doesn't matter what was talked about. A coach of 20+ years in my opinion should know better. ANY contact between a player or a coach PRIOR to enrollment is recruiting in the eyes of the UIL and that is clearly stated on question #16 on the PAPF "Did anyone from the new school contact the student prior to their enrollment in the new school?". That would be a yes! That question alone allows in determining if recruiting took place. Simply put this isn't a criminal court and the burden of proof to prove innocence lies with the accused and according to the SEC and the DEC that was not accomplished. Hence the punishment!

At the end of the day the UIL made a decision and there is nothing that can be done about it. There are only 2 people who know what was said on that phone call JB and the student. My guess is that neither of them will talk about what was truly said as it would be self incriminating but the world may never know.

I have a question. If this has been answered in another thread I apologize. What will happen to the student, his eligibility, and what is he classified as now? After reading the thread about the Richland Springs situation I just got to wondering what impact it would have on the player. Seems like he might've sat a year of eligibility from varsity now anyhow, but I would hope it doesn't have an impact on future years if he is younger and does want to compete in anything UIL based you know. Thanks for the site and the hard work. JENSON GAINER

Snitch?!? Or, accountability. You can’t preach accountability as a coach, and not expect to be held accountable as well.
The 16th District Executive Committee in this case are jealous snitches. Cherokee and Rochelle have not defeated Richland Springs since the Carter adminoistration.

Just seen multiple post about how Rochelle was out to get RS or how it was Dave’s fault. My comment not necessarily direct at you just sarcasm.

Just seen multiple post about how Rochelle was out to get RS or how it was Dave’s fault. My comment not necessarily direct at you just sarcasm.
The Mullin transfer student disclosed that he worked part-time for Jordan Cattle Auction in San Saba. Davy Boy told the SEC that he reached out to the Jordan Cattle to confirm that he did work for them. He contended that, during the course of his 21 hour investigation, that the student did not work there. The student's father presented a written document to the SEC chairman proving that he did work for Jordan Cattle. Another false allegation from the District 16 Executive Committee.

Not at all what happened....mom didn't once say there wasn't proof. She said she didn't want him going to Richland in the beginning because of her own madness/selfishness and because it is a 35 minute drive to Richland from Mullin. The 14 minute phone call is all that was needed, it doesn't matter what was talked about. A coach of 20+ years in my opinion should know better. ANY contact between a player or a coach PRIOR to enrollment is recruiting in the eyes of the UIL and that is clearly stated on question #16 on the PAPF "Did anyone from the new school contact the student prior to their enrollment in the new school?". That would be a yes! That question alone allows in determining if recruiting took place. Simply put this isn't a criminal court and the burden of proof to prove innocence lies with the accused and according to the SEC and the DEC that was not accomplished. Hence the punishment!

At the end of the day the UIL made a decision and there is nothing that can be done about it. There are only 2 people who know what was said on that phone call JB and the student. My guess is that neither of them will talk about what was truly said as it would be self incriminating but the world may never know.
You're clueless. The 14 minute phone call was not transcribed or recorded. Were you there ? Was the DEC there ? Was the SEC there ? The contents of the call are all hearsay. No concrete evidence either way. The UIL SEC embarrassed themselves. They were hostile and unprofessional towards Jerry Burkhart. Don't take my word for it. Watch the recording of the meeting. The chairman could have conducted the meeting within 1 minute. He might as well had said "Mr Burkhart, is there anything you want to say before we find you guilty?" To them, perception is reality. The SEC had a pre-hearing mental impression of finding Mr, Burkhart guilty, regardless of the truth. They were set out to make an example at the expense of Mr. Burkhart. One member of the DEC actually said to Mr. Burkhart that there have been past allegations of him recruiting. What an ignoramus. True to the theme of the UIL SEC, just another allegation. The source of this sorrid affair was instigated primarily by 2 extremely jealous schools - Cherokee and Rochelle. Neither one has defeated Richland Springs since the Carter Administration.

We have all been raised by rules and know right from wrong. Looks like after many years of hearing this scenario being played out year after year, finally someone said enough is enough. A coach stood up for what was right and a group of administrators followed the rules given to everyone in the state of Texas. Finally, a group of people said to themselves, just because we can't beat them, we won't push the button. Finally someone showed some guts and decided to enforce the rules, regardless if you can beat them or not. My opinion.
What does the SEC know about right from wrong ? Like all other subjective bureaucrats. The SEC had made up there minds to declare Mr. Burkhart guilty before the hearing. This sordid affair was instigated by 2 extremely frustrated and jeoulous schools - Cherokee and Rochelle. Neither one has defeated Richland Springs since the Carter Administration.

Dad has spoken. Hes about to bring out the paddle.
All trumped up charges made by 2 incredibly frustrated schools - Cherokee and Rochelle. Neither one has defeated Richland Springs since the Carter Administration. And the SEC had made up their minds to convict Burkhard regardless of the eviidence.

I have a question. If this has been answered in another thread I apologize. What will happen to the student, his eligibility, and what is he classified as now? After reading the thread about the Richland Springs situation I just got to wondering what impact it would have on the player. Seems like he might've sat a year of eligibility from varsity now anyhow, but I would hope it doesn't have an impact on future years if he is younger and does want to compete in anything UIL based you know. Thanks for the site and the hard work. JENSON GAINER
He will be eligible to play on varsity next season as a Senior. As every one is aware, the 16th District
Executive Committee wanted to make him ineligle for 1 and 1/2 years, What a vindictive action. In other words, he could not have played varsity next season as well. They are aware and terrified of his athlected prowess. The UIL SEC ruled that he was elibible to play next season. The only ruling they got right.

O
All trumped up charges made by 2 incredibly frustrated schools - Cherokee and Rochelle. Neither one has defeated Richland Springs since the Carter Administration. And the SEC had made up their minds to convict Burkhard regardless of the eviidence.
Or those schools haven’t beat RS because of all the recruiting since the beginning of the JB administration.
And ….it’s “evidence” not eviidence I know your from RS and you need help with your spelling.

O

Or those schools haven’t beat RS because of all the recruiting since the beginning of the JB administration.
And ….it’s “evidence” not eviidence I know your from RS and you need help with your spelling.
Actually, I graduated from Cherokee High School. What high school did you drop out of ?

O

Please stop bringing common sense and/or facts into this debate. The RS faithful have a hard time processing those types of things. The shock of finding out their fearless leader doesn’t walk on water is going to have them shaken up for a bit. Just wait until after Oct. 7th. They’re really going to be hysterical at around 9:30pm that evening. But as for now, I think they’re still in the “denial” stage of grief.

He will be eligible to play on varsity next season as a Senior. As every one is aware, the 16th District
Executive Committee wanted to make him ineligle for 1 and 1/2 years, What a vindictive action. In other words, he could not have played varsity next season as well. They are aware and terrified of his athlected prowess. The UIL SEC ruled that he was elibible to play next season. The only ruling they got right.
Why are they scared RS coaches told the SEC he is a average player at best( honorable mention All State as a sophomore) they lied again.

You're clueless. The 14 minute phone call was not transcribed or recorded. Were you there ? Was the DEC there ? Was the SEC there ? The contents of the call are all hearsay. No concrete evidence either way. The UIL SEC embarrassed themselves. They were hostile and unprofessional towards Jerry Burkhart. Don't take my word for it. Watch the recording of the meeting. The chairman could have conducted the meeting within 1 minute. He might as well had said "Mr Burkhart, is there anything you want to say before we find you guilty?" To them, perception is reality. The SEC had a pre-hearing mental impression of finding Mr, Burkhart guilty, regardless of the truth. They were set out to make an example at the expense of Mr. Burkhart. One member of the DEC actually said to Mr. Burkhart that there have been past allegations of him recruiting. What an ignoramus. True to the theme of the UIL SEC, just another allegation. The source of this sorrid affair was instigated primarily by 2 extremely jealous schools - Cherokee and Rochelle. Neither one has defeated Richland Springs since the Carter Administration.
He knew better than to be on the phone with the player from mullin, the coach at mullin had already told him to stop trying to recruit the kid. What was said on the call don’t matter as the sec said get off the phone.

Just to be clear Bush 41 was President of the United States.

Please stop bringing common sense and/or facts into this debate. The RS faithful have a hard time processing those types of things. The shock of finding out their fearless leader doesn’t walk on water is going to have them shaken up for a bit. Just wait until after Oct. 7th. They’re really going to be hysterical at around 9:30pm that evening. But as for now, I think they’re still in the “denial” stage of grief.
Only thing I have a hard time processing is how unfairly Coach Burkhart was treated. And the idiots who comprise the UIL State Executive Board. Watch the video of the hearing. It really doesn't matter to me who wins next month. The game that will really count will be their match-up in the playoffs. Richland Springs has the home field advantage though and better talent. If Richland can vastly improve their kicking game (PATs), they will win. And their is an intangible at play. The injustice towards Burkhart has the Yotes fired up. The Cherokee High superintendent, Rochelle High superintendent, and the UIL State Executive Committee (the culprits behind Coach Burkhart's suspension) have filled the Coyotes "with a terrible resolve". It will definitely be an extremely hard-hitting game. 2021 All-State defensive player Keston Lusty will live up to his moniker "The Beast".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back