UIL State Executive Committee to Meet (Richland Springs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He knew better than to be on the phone with the player from mullin, the coach at mullin had already told him to stop trying to recruit the kid. What was said on the call don’t matter as the sec said get off the phone.
It doesn't matter whether the call was 14 seconds or 14 minutes, the call was not transcripted or record. Were you their? Was the DEC there? Was the SEC there ? I didn't think so. All heresay. No concrete evidence whatsoever. "Telling" him to get of the phone was none of their business.

Only thing I have a hard time processing is how unfairly Coach Burkhart was treated. And the idiots who comprise the UIL State Executive Board. Watch the video of the hearing. It really doesn't matter to me who wins next month. The game that will really count will be their match-up in the playoffs. Richland Springs has the home field advantage though and better talent. If Richland can vastly improve their kicking game (PATs), they will win. And their is an intangible at play. The injustice towards Burkhart has the Yotes fired up. The Cherokee High superintendent, Rochelle High superintendent, and the UIL State Executive Committee (the culprits behind Coach Burkhart's suspension) have filled the Coyotes "with a terrible resolve". It will definitely be an extremely hard-hitting game. 2021 All-State defensive player Keston Lusty will live up to his moniker "The Beast".
Ok mijo, I believe you… 🙄

It doesn't matter whether the call was 14 seconds or 14 minutes, the call was not transcripted or record. Were you their? Was the DEC there? Was the SEC there ? I didn't think so. All heresay. No concrete evidence whatsoever. "Telling" him to get of the phone was none of their business.
Actually, 14 seconds would’ve worked in Burkhart’s favor. Again, common sense isn’t as common as it should be.

To
So I know this would be different but if a educator was accused of having inappropriate conversations with a student and the students own parents presented a phone bill with multiple conversations with one being 14 mins long would y’all all be screaming he is innocent? Would that be enough proof that he should of not had 14 mins of things to say for any reason at all? Would y’all be demanding transcripts? Even though I for one would love for JB to get a lawyer and get the transcripts from his phone call and produce them. I’m just curious would everyone say the educator was probably just talking to the student about life it’s ok? Heck no y’all would say he had no business on the phone that long it’s just wrong and a bad look. That’s what this case is, he knew better with the call he just did not think anyone would produce phone records because that would mean one of the kids parents had to sell out the kid, which is what happened. Then add in that he said and lied about the papf form another big mistake. He did not misunderstand the question on the form, he’s been doing this a long time but he had just lost the Hayes kid and knew he wanted the Shelton kid eligible so they had to make no to that question. This is not a witch hunt it’s a matter of right and wrong and honesty and integrity. Roast me if you want too
To Burhart's accusers, perception is reality.

Texas Rebel. Can you give us your objective view on the papf form being changed? It's an actual document that's not hearsay. I didn't understand how that went down?
I was unable to decipher that part of the hearing while the student and his parents were on the hot seats. Except for Burkhart's testimony, the entire meeting was hard to hear. The rumblings were that a particular question on the PAPF was changed or altered.

While the United States Constitution still applies, you are correct that the rules are different for civil cases than criminal cases. For instance, a person can be forced to self-incriminate during a civil case. Also the burden of proofs shifts from "beyond a reasonable doubt" to "more likely than not."

That said, I do think Jerry could try to appeal the decision of an agency [in this case the UIL] to federal district Court. Yes, you can do that per administrative code; basically, this appeals process embeds administrative actions within the framework of the US Constitution.

Although it would be a longshot, Jerry might prevail if he has nothing to hide. There is this little thing called Discovery, however, that happens in big boy court. With the government as the opposing party, those phone conversations might be heard by all of us. I am not 100% sure Jerry wants that.

Either way, I still do not like all the crap talk about Burkhart. He has kept us entertained on this site for years, instills hard work and a moral code in his players, and wins more than most coaches. If this is the "worst thing" Jerry has ever done, I think God has a pearly white uniform for Jerry Burkhart. I wish him the best as a relator and hope he comes back in 3 years.
Could the 14th Amendment come into play ?

Well many people have heard and explained this part of the hearing and granger did a very good job of explaining it. Wasn't sure if you conveniently skipped over this portion of the scenario or just wasn't aware? Coach B put that no prior contact was made with student before enrollment. The facts 💯 show that that did in fact happen which under the uil rules is deemed recruiting. Help me understand if I'm wrong?

Well many people have heard and explained this part of the hearing and granger did a very good job of explaining it. Wasn't sure if you conveniently skipped over this portion of the scenario or just wasn't aware? Coach B put that no prior contact was made with student before enrollment. The facts 💯 show that that did in fact happen which under the uil rules is deemed recruiting. Help me understand if I'm wrong?
Will you please inform me as to which specific UIL rule you are referring to ? Thanks.

lol.

iu
Nothing I love better than beating off a dead horse😉🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back