TAPPS Realignment

Old76er

Six-man fan
Looking ahead to next year. Does anyone have and idea what tapps will do with the 3 divisions? Will they keep it at 3 or combine them to make 2 large divisions?

Interesting look at the 2020-2022 Realignment for Six Man Football

1. Division I and II are combined (38 teams). 12 of those teams (I assume the largest 12) are going to make up the DI playoff field (not sure of how many of those will be in the playoffs). DIII is 30 teams.

2. District 1 will be made up of teams from DI/DII and DIII. This is the West Texas district and includes schools in Abilene, Amarillo, Lubbock, Midland and Wichita Falls. Two of them (San Jacinto, Amarillo; and Trinity, Midland) are DI/DII schools and the remainder will fall into the DIII playoff picture.

3. There were some real surprises as I went through the list.

- I've not followed 6 man that closely for the past couple years, but when did Lucas Christian move to TAPPS?

- Two big surprises were the move of St. Marys Hall (San Antonio) and St. Augustine (Laredo) to six man football. I know SMH started 11 man a few years back and if I remember, St. Augustine dropped 11 man a number of years ago. Will be interesting to see where St. Augustine finds non-district games.

- I see SA Atonement is back in the good graces of TAPPS. They should never have left it a few years back (ditto with some other schools, such as Seguin Lifegate and Granbury NCTA, but they'll have to learn it over time.) I also see Red Oak Ovilla Christian on the list; I always thought they were in TAPPS but they may have been elsewhere this year since they were on Lifegate's schedule a few weeks ago (and since Lifegate is in TCAL, TAPPS schools weren't able to schedule them unless that rule changed). In the 11-man world, I see that San Antonio St Anthony is making the move back to TAPPS after their foray into trying to be a basketball national powerhouse and having to join TCAL.

- Corpus Christi Annapolis is shown as a new TAPPS school. That's about the fifth time I can remember that happening and everytime, they've bailed at the end. Let's hope they move that direction for real this time.

- Galveston O'Connell is on the list again. Not sure if they ever got their 6 man program going.

DIVISION I & II

*District 1 (Division I, II and III)
San Jac – Amarillo
Trinity – Midland (D1)

District 2
Calvary – Denton
Cristo Rey – Dallas (D1)
Harvest – Watagua
Highlands – Irving
Lakehill-Dallas
Lucas Christian
Lutheran – Dallas
LoneStar – Gainesville (D1)

District 3
Coram Deo – Plano
Fellowhip – Kennedale (D1)
Heritage – Rockwall
Live Oak – Waco
Ovilla Christian
Trinity – Longview
Vanguard – Waco

District 4
Concordia – Round Rock
Faith – Marble Falls
Hill Country – Austin
Holy Trinity – Temple
Round Rock Christian
Veritas – Austin (D1)

District 5
Castle Hills – SA
Faith – Victoria
Lutheran – SA (D1)
NBCA
OLH – Kerrville
Saint Mary’s Hall – SA (D1)
St Augustine -Laredo (D1)

District 6
Allen Academy – Bryan
Alpha Omega – Huntsville
Covenant – Conroe
Emery/Weiner – Houston (D1)
Faith West -Katy (D1)
O’Connell
Logos Prep – Sugarland (D1)
Lone Star – Giddings (D1)

DIVISION III

*District 1 (DIV I, II and III)
Abilene Christian
All Saints-Lubbock
Holy Cross- Amarillo
Kingdom Prep – Lubbock
Notre Dame – WF
Wichita Christian -WF

District 2
Covenant – FTW
Fairhill- Dallas
Faustina – Irving
Texoma Christian – Sherman
Weatherford Chrisitan

District 3
Christian Heritage – Longview
Tyler Street – Dallas
Eagle- Waco
ETCA
Greenville Christian

District 4
Annapolis – CC
Atonement – SA
Bracken – Bulverde
Hill Country – San Marcos
Living Rock – Bulverde
Heritage – Fredericksburg
Summit – Cedar Park

District 5
Baytown
Bellville
Brazosport – Lake Jackson
Grace – Houston
Living Stones
Orange Community
St Joseph – Bryan

* District 1 is Combined with schools from both DI/DII & DIII for travel purposes

Schools noted with DI will move to the Division I playoff Bracket. The remaining schools will be in the DII playoff bracket

I saw this. Hmmm.. I asked a friend who currently works at a TAPPS school what happens if the highlighted school(s) which are bigger schools go 0-10 on the season; would these teams still make out a 12 team bracket or would only the 6 remaining teams with at least one win go to the playoffs? Of course this is a hypothetical.

I am hoping our districts in UIL get a little bigger. I am a huge fan of a big district. Give me 6-8 teams in the district any day of the week.

Sincerely,

Coach J

Sorry guys, Astros hangover.

Conversation starter (for me): BCA is in a heavier district which brings back some competitive district play given Baytown have more than 3 district opponents.

Division 2 D6 and Division 3 D4 looks to have some heavy hitting games.

Allen vs Emery means Adams returns to face old team. A little student vs teacher game. Definitely gonna make that one!

Glad more teams have joined TAPPS 6man.

Also noticed they show Kennedale Fellowship and Sherman Texoma dropping down from 11-man.
And this might be nitpicking, but would it be so hard for TAPPS to list schools by their full names instead of things like “NBCA” “ETCA” “Baytown” and “Bellville”? Just seems unprofessional to me.

CytxTiger":1qtkeweq said:
Also noticed they show Kennedale Fellowship and Sherman Texoma dropping down from 11-man.
And this might be nitpicking, but would it be so hard for TAPPS to list schools by their full names instead of things like “NBCA” “ETCA” “Baytown” and “Bellville”? Just seems unprofessional to me.

Agreed ... I'd use the full name of the school, such as Bellville Faith Academy or Sherman Texoma Christian School or whatever name they have on that copy of the certificate of accreditation the school sends to the TAPPS office every year or so.

It looks like Galveston O’Connell went 0-8 in 11-man this year, including forfeiting the final two games of the season. Good for them for moving to six man. Sherman Texoma and Kennedale Fellowship were listed as 11-man in 2018’s realignment, however, I can’t locate any game results for either team from the 2019 season.

Back