TAPPS playoff predictions

Baytown is probably the best team in the worst division. Not sure any team from that division gets past The first round much less past Freddy or Bracken
Baytown should play a weak opponent the first round due to them most likely winning district. So they will probably end up playing Freddy or Bracken and that will probably end up being a good game no matter who they play.

What about division 2? Have anyone highlighted who you think will blow anyone out?

Baytown should play a weak opponent the first round due to them most likely winning district. So they will probably end up playing Freddy or Bracken and that will probably end up being a good game no matter who they play.

What about division 2? Have anyone highlighted who you think will blow anyone out?
Covenant classical would be my pick

D1: Austin Hill Country
D2: Pasadena, Conroe, Waco, SMA. All strong teams.
D3: Freddy and it ain't close.

Dark Horses:
Castle Hills :), Bracken, Baytown, Lubbock KPA, Ft. Worth, Coram Deo
Freddy and it ain’t close? Gotta give Bracken and Baytown credit… they are two teams you can never count out.

D2 I think Pasadena rolling Sugarland pretty much put that conversation to rest. Conroe struggled against them in OT. Waco always has their name in the hat however I don’t think they are quite there this year. SMA looks pretty good but not sure they have much depth. I saw one of their games and was not overly impressed.

D3
Fort Worth is not in D3 anymore. I’m surprised… “Freddy and it ain’t close”? After seeing SMA play and seeing their score with Freddy im scratching my head on that one. Think they won by 4..? Bracken played them a good game as well losing by 12. Kingdom prep is a very solid squad. Baytown has pretty good numbers and good athletes but haven’t played anyone tougher than bellville week 1.

I watched the Austin Hill Country and Freddy game. Coach Shipman over in Fredericksburg keeps his guys in games by out coaching other teams. Austin had backups that could start on a lot of teams athletically.

Bracken has a new coach and they’ll only get better as the kids buy in and learn the program..

Bellville is no slouch and Baytown put it on them…

But I’ll predict Fredericksburg until someone unseats them this year

I watched the Austin Hill Country and Freddy game. Coach Shipman over in Fredericksburg keeps his guys in games by out coaching other teams. Austin had backups that could start on a lot of teams athletically.

Bracken has a new coach and they’ll only get better as the kids buy in and learn the program..

Bellville is no slouch and Baytown put it on them…

But I’ll predict Fredericksburg until someone unseats them this year
Freddy and Bracken looks too be a good game next week.

Going to take Fredericksburg over Bracken next week by 20. Both are lower on numbers this year but Fredericksburg will be in much better shape and they’ve had a much tougher schedule. Battle tested this early in the year will be the difference, as well as the big coaching edge for Fredericksburg.

Going to take Fredericksburg over Bracken next week by 20. Both are lower on numbers this year but Fredericksburg will be in much better shape and they’ve had a much tougher schedule. Battle tested this early in the year will be the difference, as well as the big coaching edge for Fredericksburg.
Kingdom prep put it on Waco. Says one of 2 things. KP is for real or Waco was overrated fro being Waco live oak. I’m going to say KP is solid and probably represent the north In December. As for the south I think it’s Fredericksburg but next week will tell all. Either team I feel could battle with D1,D2, or D3 for a state title. Sure wish they would make 2 divisions and roll with it. Expand the bracket and add 4 or 8 teams on either side. Bump state back a week if need be.

How do you guys think the divisions stack up against each other? Would the DI champion always beat the DII champ who would beat the DIII champ? Or does it just depend on the year?

How do you guys think the divisions stack up against each other? Would the DI champion always beat the DII champ who would beat the DIII champ? Or does it just depend on the year?
I think typically the Div. 2 team would beat the rest however I don’t think that’s always the case.

Curious to see who you all have now that we have a few weeks under our belt
Division 1 I think is still Austin Hill Country. Will know for sure after they play Veritas this week.
Division 2 Pasadena still rolling along. I think Waco has fallen out of the discussion. Forth worth covenant could possibly go back to back! SMA could be a sleeper.
Division 3 Bracken made a statement with a huge win at Fredericksburg. Haven’t heard much on the game. Could have been injury’s on Fredericksburg side.
Baytown still cruising along. Kingdom prep also taking care of business.

Division 2 I feel is by far the strongest overall division just looking at the overall State rankings. It would appear that the north will be a showdown most likely between Lucas and Covenant Classical. In the South Pasadena and Conroe or Bryan Allen may have to square off twice. Abilene and Coram Deo could have something to say about it in the North and San Marcos in the South.
I would say Pasadena, Lucas, and Covenant are the top three teams. So looking at schedules, Pasadena and Covenant have played one common opponent, #48 Austin Veritas. Pasadena won 80-24 and Covenant 54-6 at halftime. They played these games in back-to-back weeks, so a pretty good indicator.
Next week should tell us a lot about Districts 1 and 5. As Covenant plays #44 Abilene and Pasadena plays #56 Bryan Allen. Lucas played their main district opposition #62 Coram Deo last week and won easily. The only thing I see standing between them and a trip to Waco is Covenant.
I think Covenant has played the hardest schedule so far having played #47,#2, and #48 to open the season. Winning two of the three. They got hammered by #2 Abbott, but they were without All-State QB Lanham Briley, and their top two RB's and LB's. The game would have been a shootout if they had played.
Pasadena has played only one top-50 team, next highest were #82 and 90 so far, they do have #35 Conroe to play. Lucas has played none in the top 50. Their highest ranked opponents are 53,62 and 74.
But there are still four weeks in the season left and showdown games are on tap, so it should be fun, and the tournament in D2 should be an exciting one.

Division 2 I feel is by far the strongest overall division just looking at the overall State rankings. It would appear that the north will be a showdown most likely between Lucas and Covenant Classical. In the South Pasadena and Conroe or Bryan Allen may have to square off twice. Abilene and Coram Deo could have something to say about it in the North and San Marcos in the South.
I would say Pasadena, Lucas, and Covenant are the top three teams. So looking at schedules, Pasadena and Covenant have played one common opponent, #48 Austin Veritas. Pasadena won 80-24 and Covenant 54-6 at halftime. They played these games in back-to-back weeks, so a pretty good indicator.
Next week should tell us a lot about Districts 1 and 5. As Covenant plays #44 Abilene and Pasadena plays #56 Bryan Allen. Lucas played their main district opposition #62 Coram Deo last week and won easily. The only thing I see standing between them and a trip to Waco is Covenant.
I think Covenant has played the hardest schedule so far having played #47,#2, and #48 to open the season. Winning two of the three. They got hammered by #2 Abbott, but they were without All-State QB Lanham Briley, and their top two RB's and LB's. The game would have been a shootout if they had played.
Pasadena has played only one top-50 team, next highest were #82 and 90 so far, they do have #35 Conroe to play. Lucas has played none in the top 50. Their highest ranked opponents are 53,62 and 74.
But there are still four weeks in the season left and showdown games are on tap, so it should be fun, and the tournament in D2 should be an exciting one.
I think covenant classical and Lucas are neck
And neck and may actually give the edge to Lucas. Pasadena has played Emery and Veritas which I fill may be down this year. Emery will drop again this week after losing to logos prep. That being said I think Pasadena’s toughest games are still to be played. Conroe just lost to Baytown but I have heard Conroe has been without 2-3 of their best players. Not sure if they played in that game or not. If anyone knows that will give us a better read on both baytown and Conroe. Logos looks to be battling back as well.

I think covenant classical and Lucas are neck
And neck and may actually give the edge to Lucas. Pasadena has played Emery and Veritas which I fill may be down this year. Emery will drop again this week after losing to logos prep. That being said I think Pasadena’s toughest games are still to be played. Conroe just lost to Baytown but I have heard Conroe has been without 2-3 of their best players. Not sure if they played in that game or not. If anyone knows that will give us a better read on both baytown and Conroe. Logos looks to be battling back as well.
Conroe had their full team this week from what I hear. Which begs the question are they just over hyped or did baytown just have the better squad all around? Conroe plays FBCA in a couple weeks so that will tell you where Conroe is strength wise in division 2.

Back