TAPPS playoff picks

Heck of a ball game between Baytown and Brazosport! Those two team left it on the field. Dirty Bay continues to outlast their opponents. St Joe's will be a tough one! Expecting this game to go back and forth and last possession of the game producing the South's representative in the Championship game. It won't be for the weak-hearted.

Longview lost best player in the first 5 minutes of game. Downhill from there. Congrats to Prestonwood.
Cmon. It sucks the kid got hurt, but the score was already 16-0 at that point. Losing him made very little difference. You guys had a great team last year…but took a step back this year. I watched your film of several games. You were a good team in a weak district. That happens and it’s ok…but quit trying to make it sound like you had a chance if that kid didn’t get hurt. You still would have gotten 45’d eventually.

Cmon. It sucks the kid got hurt, but the score was already 16-0 at that point. Losing him made very little difference. You guys had a great team last year…but took a step back this year. I watched your film of several games. You were a good team in a weak district. That happens and it’s ok…but quit trying to make it sound like you had a chance if that kid didn’t get hurt. You still would have gotten 45’d eventually.
If that makes you feel better about the game. Ok.

Interesting. Last year you said “that kid” was one of the best receivers in TAPPS. Oh, and the score was 6-0 when “that kid” separated his shoulder after head-topping his defender.
I’m not saying Prestonwood wouldn’t have won, but every thinking person there knows THAT’S why the score looked the way it did.
Congrats on the win.

If that makes you feel better about the game. Ok.
Does making excuses make you feel better about it? You discounted Baytown’s dominating win over you by claiming turnovers were the only reason, ignoring the fact your defense got 0 stops. Now you’re acting like an injury is the reason Prestonwood scored on every possession and stuffed your offense. Sometimes your opponent is just better than you. That was clearly the case last night. Nobody was making excuses last year after you beat Prestonwood. You were just the better team.

Interesting. Last year you said “that kid” was one of the best receivers in TAPPS. Oh, and the score was 6-0 when “that kid” separated his shoulder after head-topping his defender.
I’m not saying Prestonwood wouldn’t have won, but every thinking person there knows THAT’S why the score looked the way it did.
Congrats on the win.
The best receiver in TAPPS last year had a fantastic game against you…and you still 45d them. Having a great player is awesome but the better team still won. I don’t know what to tell you.

Heck of a ball game between Baytown and Brazosport! Those two team left it on the field. Dirty Bay continues to outlast their opponents. St Joe's will be a tough one! Expecting this game to go back and forth and last possession of the game producing the South's representative in the Championship game. It won't be for the weak-hearted.
It was! Props to Brazosport; #10, 11, 8 have crazy speed and made some great plays. Baytown gutted that out and made the most of every opportunity. The Dawgs #4 (Anderson) did what he’s known to do. The rest of the team was fire and guts. It was an incredible game to see. On to St. Joe’s… GO DAWGS!

Pasadena won. Fort Worth Covenant Christian lost to Lucas Christian. Final 4 in D2 North Lucas Christian vs. Abilene Christian, South Pasadena First Baptist vs. Conroe Covenant.
That Covenant Classical game shocks me. We scrimmaged CC and played Lucas and CC was by far better. Things can change drastically over the course of the season. We also scrimmaged Coram Deo and they were terrible in the preseason but turned it around and dominated Lucas in the regular season. Lucas has a really good QB.

That Covenant Classical game shocks me. We scrimmaged CC and played Lucas and CC was by far better. Things can change drastically over the course of the season. We also scrimmaged Coram Deo and they were terrible in the preseason but turned it around and dominated Lucas in the regular season. Lucas has a really good QB.
Prestonwood is certainly talented and should win state in D3 for sure . Lucas barely beat them earlier this year handed them what should be their only loss .

Covenant Classical was favored by 33 but Lucas was resilient after going down double digits early . Lucas made several stops on D and forced turnovers while their offense kept repeated putting it in the end zone against that super tough covenant D . A great game for sure .
This semifinal game - Abilene vs Lucas is super intriguing . They played last year and Lucas was favored . Lucas was up 32-8 early before the injuries started stacking up . Midway thru the 3rd they were down an all state qb and 2 all state defenders and it was downhill from there . Abilene pounded them with the running game and advanced .

This year Abilene just beat Coram Deo who beat Lucas in the regular season while Lucas beat Covenant , who beat Abilene 52-6 earlier . Who advances to the state championship ????

I have to say covenant losing was a shocker! Lucas must have played a heck of a game. Lucas and Abilene should be the game to watch this week! Pasadena keeps rolling and it’s hard to beat a team twice but when ur as solid as Pasadena I see them having no trouble beating Conroe again.
Prestonwood vs Nazarene will definitely be another game to watch this week. Prestonwood earning the victory earlier in the season but I feel this will be a much closer game. A matchup adjustment on defense could have Nazarene pulling off a close one.
St Joseph vs Baytown in another rematch. St Joesph beat them fairly easy last game but Baytown seems to be getting things going at the right time.
Nothing better than playoff football!

Abilene has been playing a bend don”t break game for the last two weeks. They just seem to find ways to win. I am going with Abilene by a couple of scores. Pasadena seems to be in a league of their own right now and unless Conroe Can figure out how to reverse the last few times vs Pasadena, Pasadena will again be playing in the State game.

I don’t ever see any comments from Pasadena fans . They seem to be pretty strong on both sides of the ball . Are they a big running team ?

I know that last year they had an exceptional running game ,but FW covenant was able to slow it down quite a bit in the championship and beat them by 30+.

Weather has been awesome for playoffs thus far and hoping for more of it !

Good luck to all !

I don’t ever see any comments from Pasadena fans . They seem to be pretty strong on both sides of the ball . Are they a big running team ?

I know that last year they had an exceptional running game ,but FW covenant was able to slow it down quite a bit in the championship and beat them by 30+.

Weather has been awesome for playoffs thus far and hoping for more of it !

Good luck to all !
They are a very solid run team, one of the best blocking teams I've ever seen.

Back