TAPPS playoff picks

San Marcos Hill Country is soft. Every time they play a good team they barely win or lose. I predict Bracken will have no problem handling them if they play like they did the second half against Fredericksburg Friday night.

Ok lets see here. Hill Country beat Fredericksburg by 6. Fredericksburg beat Bracken by 42. Castle Hills beat Hill Country by 4. They beat Bracken by 46. How does that compute to Bracken will have "no problem handling them"?

Ok lets see here. Hill Country beat Fredericksburg by 6. Fredericksburg beat Bracken by 42. Castle Hills beat Hill Country by 4. They beat Bracken by 46. How does that compute to Bracken will have "no problem handling them"?
Based on results, you're right. I don't have a dog in the hunt, but now I wish I could watch that game with BP and hope he shares what he's smoking with me.

After watching some games of St. Joes and Prestonwood, I’ve got those two in the State game. It could go either way however. Both are pretty physical and can also throw the ball pretty good. Especially after the Azle game for Prestonwood, I wouldn’t be surprised if they carried that momentum into playoffs, especially since it was their first time to beat them. St. Joes did have that early season victory against Coram Deo, but apparently Coram Deo found their footing for the Lucas game (which was Lucas’ homecoming). If I did have to pick a team for upsetting either of them, I would go Nazarene for Prestonwood and San Marcos for St. Joes.

oh I did see that! Appreciate the heads up. I looked up their schedule and other than Fredericksburg and castle hills handing
Them their first loss they haven’t played a very tough schedule. Are they pretty solid
Or has the schedule treated them well?
Also saw Pasadena thumped Conroe. That was an eye opener. Is Pasadena as good as last year having graduated their stud RB?
Hill Country is solid. Jon Rabon is the Head Coach. They remind me of an old Lifegate team.

Uhhh…. That’s a good question! Bracken is way down this year. I think they graduated a ton of kids and are in rebuild mode

Why does it matter who is coaching? The coaches can’t play!

Apparently nobody in here saw the second half of Fredericksburg against the Warriors. They got some lucky breaks in the first half and made the game look like it was one sided. But the second half was even. I’ll be back Saturday morning to say I told you all so. We’re peaking at the right time and Hill Country peaked about five games in.

Final Score Warriors 50
Hill Country 32

Man there is some heat going down in d3 this year. Bracken is going to have some big words to back up. I was at the Fredericksburg game vs Hill Country. Neither team had a lick of defense and freddy missing a good player hurt them bad, but the game came down to the final score. I think Hill Country beats bracken pretty good cause bracken isn't there YET. I think the next couple years they'll be good but right now Hill Country takes it. AS for D1 AND D2 i think we're just looking for an underdog to shake things up big.

Apparently nobody in here saw the second half of Fredericksburg against the Warriors. They got some lucky breaks in the first half and made the game look like it was one sided. But the second half was even. I’ll be back Saturday morning to say I told you all so. We’re peaking at the right time and Hill Country peaked about five games in.

Final Score Warriors 50
Hill Country 32
I support this....as long as you're back Saturday morning to take your lumps if you're wrong.

Final Score Warriors 50
Hill Country 32
Why does it matter who’s coaching?? I will leave that question alone lol….
Second half was probably because of substitutions from Fredericksburg trying to get players playing time. If I’m not mistaken Fredericksburg has been without one of their top players for a several weeks. Did he suit up??
if Bracken is peaking at the right time that’s not a good thing… they’ve lost the last 2 games outscored 81-34. One of those losses coming to atonement.
Hill country by 45 in a blow out. There’s not a single kid that can come close to catching the San Marcos spread back.
I will be back Saturday morning to say i told you so.
That being said good luck this week to both teams!

So much to digest here…
1. Good luck to Bracken, they’re a respectable program who has been solid for years.

2. I coach with Coach Rabon, and his son, and he gets the best out of his players wherever he goes because he truly loves them the way Jesus does and highlights a relationship with Christ as the true victory.

3. We’re all missing solid assets to our teams as football takes a toll on your body. We’re personally excited about finally having our starting Center back this week and our senior captain who is our WR1, Safety, and the older brother of our spreadback.

4. Fans should stay in the stands, and this is why. Athletes and coaches see these posts. As coaches, we know better. You’re either a child, a troll, or a parent who probably gets upset about playing time for your kid. But the athletes just get fired up.

I hope everyone has a wonderful final regular season week and good luck to all teams heading into the playoffs.

I don’t think anyone was bashing a coach. Just stating that coaching does matter at any level. The more experience, the more situations and adversity you have dealt with. That’s kind of why I said I would leave that statement alone.
As far as the statement about injuries, you are correct. It’s football and I see that as an opportunity for a team to grow and for others to step up. When that piece of the offense or defense comes back it just makes you that much stronger as a team.

I don’t think anyone was bashing a coach. Just stating that coaching does matter at any level. The more experience, the more situations and adversity you have dealt with. That’s kind of why I said I would leave that statement alone.
As far as the statement about injuries, you are correct. It’s football and I see that as an opportunity for a team to grow and for others to step up. When that piece of the offense or defense comes back it just makes you that much stronger as a team.
Wasn’t accusing anyone of Coach bashing, just explaining how coaching does matter. Our guys have a coaching staff that they love and trust and have bought into a program that has elevated them on and off the field. We love them and love watching them give their 100% effort.

Wasn’t accusing anyone of Coach bashing, just explaining how coaching does matter. Our guys have a coaching staff that they love and trust and have bought into a program that has elevated them on and off the field. We love them and love watching them give their 100% effort.
That’s how it should be done! Great job to you and your coaching staff! Good luck this week!

Final Score Warriors 50
Hill Country 32

They peaked 5 games in? Then y'all are in real trouble cause in week 9 they still beat the team that dominated y'all in week 10.

Back