Snapshot #'s

I have double checked spreadsheet numbers with what the UIL put out yesterday. There are 80 schools above 61.5 and 78 below. I guess the UIL will have to decide which division will have more schools so that number could be 60.5

Mcdade and whiteface can still be sixman. Here is the UIL Guideline on that:

Schools participating in Conference A football must submit enrollments for grades 9-12. if this enrollment figure is over 104.9, schools currently participating in conference A football can continue to participate in conference A football if, using one of the calculation methods below, an enrollment of less than 105 is achieved. Alternative calculation methods are : i. Grades 8-11ii. Grades 7-10iii. Grades 9-10 doubled. These schools would be 2A in all other activities based on their 9-12enrollment.

I have created a Theory on district layouts and am updating the official numbers as we speak, I will also adjust my prediction model once we get the official cutoff number. My initial one is based on 60.5, which give us almost exact split/even divisions. If you would like to view this here it is.
Also, does anyone know if Boys Ranch will be playing 6man, I have been told by one person yes, but have not heard it again.

Ranger isn't on the list for Division 1, anywhere.

I have created a Theory on district layouts and am updating the official numbers as we speak, I will also adjust my prediction model once we get the official cutoff number. My initial one is based on 60.5, which give us almost exact split/even divisions. If you would like to view this here it is.
Also, does anyone know if Boys Ranch will be playing 6man, I have been told by one person yes, but have not heard it again.

That sure is a lot of 6-team districts. Region 4 is interesting...Runge turned in 50, though. They'll be D2

Mcdade and whiteface can still be sixman. Here is the UIL Guideline on that:

Schools participating in Conference A football must submit enrollments for grades 9-12. if this enrollment figure is over 104.9, schools currently participating in conference A football can continue to participate in conference A football if, using one of the calculation methods below, an enrollment of less than 105 is achieved. Alternative calculation methods are : i. Grades 8-11ii. Grades 7-10iii. Grades 9-10 doubled. These schools would be 2A in all other activities based on their 9-12enrollment.
This, at least IMO, seems like a way schools could manipulate their numbers to stay down.

I might be wrong but from what I understand that you use those formulas to come up with a number. Then you turn that number in. So the reported number is THE number they will go by. If its 110 then thats the number.

Hhhmmm well alright then lol didn’t know about those other formulas.
Whiteface is playing 6 man football and 2a basketball. I don’t know how this works. In one formula they turn in a 100 and in another they turn in 108. I have never seen where a school plays in 2 different divisions.

Whiteface is playing 6 man football and 2a basketball. I don’t know how this works. In one formula they turn in a 100 and in another they turn in 108. I have never seen where a school plays in 2 different divisions.

This isn't uncommon but, at least from what I've seen, it's usually with schools that turn in numbers that place them in 1A, then they opt-up to play 2A football. Just around here there is Munday and Electra which are both 1A schools that play 2A football. I'm not sure I've seen a case where a team plays 1A football but 2A basketball, unless maybe they play an outlaw schedule in football. That said, I haven't been following along very closely for very long either. I also don't pay attention to what division schools compete in for basketball.

UIL policy on realignment and reclassification:

3. Conference A shall consist of all schools with an enrollment of 104.9 or lower.

a. Schools with 104.9 or fewer students may choose to participate in Conference A (six-man) football, or to play in Conference 2A (eleven man football) but remain in Conference A for other applicable activities.

Schools can choose to play "up"

b. Schools participating in Conference A football must submit enrollments for grades 9-12. if this enrollment figure is over 104.9, schools currently participating in conference A football can continue to participate in conference A football if, using one of the calculation methods below, an enrollment of less than 105 is achieved. Alternative calculation methods are:
i. Grades 8-11
ii. Grades 7-10
iii. Grades 9-10 doubled.

These schools would be 2A in all other activities based on their 9-12 enrollment.

Schools with over 104.9 in 9-12 may still play 6-man football only, if the alternate calculations give less than 105, but must play 2A in all other activities. Schools choosing this must turn in both the 9-12 and the alternate numbers.

UIL policy on realignment and reclassification:

3. Conference A shall consist of all schools with an enrollment of 104.9 or lower.

a. Schools with 104.9 or fewer students may choose to participate in Conference A (six-man) football, or to play in Conference 2A (eleven man football) but remain in Conference A for other applicable activities.

Schools can choose to play "up"

b. Schools participating in Conference A football must submit enrollments for grades 9-12. if this enrollment figure is over 104.9, schools currently participating in conference A football can continue to participate in conference A football if, using one of the calculation methods below, an enrollment of less than 105 is achieved. Alternative calculation methods are:
i. Grades 8-11
ii. Grades 7-10
iii. Grades 9-10 doubled.

These schools would be 2A in all other activities based on their 9-12 enrollment.

Schools with over 104.9 in 9-12 may still play 6-man football only, if the alternate calculations give less than 105, but must play 2A in all other activities. Schools choosing this must turn in both the 9-12 and the alternate numbers.
Thanks for the clarification. I have never seen where a school plays 2a all other sports and 6 man football.

Back