SnapShot #s for Friday

techster2000":2bbvv0w0 said:
That would put the # of D1 Teams at about 74. Only had 70 last realignment. UIL could definitely go either way with that.

And four new D1 schools to sixman (Perrin-Whitt, Morton, Leakey, and Bronte). D2 has three new schools (McDade, Bluff Dale, and Three Way). Sounds about right.

West_Tex":3i2rzlxv said:
So the snapshot numbers have to be turned in by tomorrow afternoon but the numbers HAVE to be from last Friday, October 27th, right?

So far the cutoff is hovering around 56.5 or 55.5. There are 5 schools at 56. Will UIL lean towards having more D2 schools or more D1 schools?

Wouldn't It be smarter for the UIl to have more Div II teams then Div I, mostly due to the fact that Div II teams are much more likely to not have a team. So the district is now has 3 teams rather then 4 and the playoffs just become watered down in the first round with teams with a record of 2-8 or 3-7.

Priceless":3kapdger said:
West_Tex":3kapdger said:
So the snapshot numbers have to be turned in by tomorrow afternoon but the numbers HAVE to be from last Friday, October 27th, right?

So far the cutoff is hovering around 56.5 or 55.5. There are 5 schools at 56. Will UIL lean towards having more D2 schools or more D1 schools?

"Wouldn't It be smarter" for the UIl to have more Div II teams then Div I, mostly due to the fact that Div II teams are much more likely to not have a team. So the district is now has 3 teams rather then 4 and the playoffs just become watered down in the first round with teams with a record of 2-8 or 3-7.

Enough said.

A question for anyone that knows more than me. Woodson and Throckmorton both turn in numbers that would place both in DII. They go through the formal consolidation process with the intention of being consoldated by the next school year. Will the consolidated high school still be in DII even if the combined numbers would put them in DI? And how would anyone know for sure what the consolidated number would be right now?

Coach Brand":1rgb2ofm said:
Priceless":1rgb2ofm said:
West_Tex":1rgb2ofm said:

"Wouldn't It be smarter" for the UIl to have more Div II teams then Div I, mostly due to the fact that Div II teams are much more likely to not have a team. So the district is now has 3 teams rather then 4 and the playoffs just become watered down in the first round with teams with a record of 2-8 or 3-7.

Enough said.

Sorry English was never my strongest subject in school, but I know that 2-6 is a low percentage. Enough said.

Priceless":1zrqfav1 said:
Coach Brand":1zrqfav1 said:
Priceless":1zrqfav1 said:
West_Tex":1zrqfav1 said:

Enough said.

Sorry English was never my strongest subject in school, but I know that 2-6 is a low percentage. Enough said.

I think that was a knock on the UIL, not you.

Jones26":3a6p1584 said:
techster2000":3a6p1584 said:
That would put the # of D1 Teams at about 74. Only had 70 last realignment. UIL could definitely go either way with that.

And four new D1 schools to sixman (Perrin-Whitt, Morton, Leakey, and Bronte). D2 has three new schools (McDade, Bluff Dale, and Three Way). Sounds about right.

Is this Three Way the old Three Way school near Maple in the panhandle? Or another Three Way somewhere else in Texas? I think all the buildings at the old Maple Three Way were torn down several years ago.

Old Bearkat":925i5arx said:
Jones26":925i5arx said:
techster2000":925i5arx said:

Is this Three Way the old Three Way school near Maple in the panhandle? Or another Three Way somewhere else in Texas? I think all the buildings at the old Maple Three Way were torn down several years ago.

Never mind, I looked it up. I lived in Granbury for almost 20 years and I had never heard about this little school.....

Jones26":1nuc2gny said:
Priceless":1nuc2gny said:
Coach Brand":1nuc2gny said:
Priceless":1nuc2gny said:
West_Tex":1nuc2gny said:

Enough said.

I think that was a knock on the UIL, not you.

Thank you, Jones26. You are correct. I am sorry Priceless. That was definitely a knock on the UIL, not you.

Back