Snapshot #'s

Think someone is gonna be disappointed when they find out they are 2A...what you turned in is what they go by.
Whiteface will be 2A in basketball, XC, and spring sports. They will play 6-man football and be in a district, since they can use those formulas to stay sixman. I think the UIL does this so some schools may go over a few students in one alignment, then graduate a big class, then be well under the number the next time.

Whiteface is playing 6 man football and 2a basketball. I don’t know how this works. In one formula they turn in a 100 and in another they turn in 108. I have never seen where a school plays in 2 different divisions.
There are 1A schools that do this all the time...they are 1A schools that elect to play 11man like Munday, Rocksprings, Cross Plains, D'Hanis to name a few that have been doing it for a long time

So how does a school turn in X number for a snapshot and then turn in a different number, often 20+ kids higher to TEA?
Schools turn in 9-12 attendance on snapshot day. They also declare what sports they will be competing in. If 6-man football is one of the sports, then the school can send in another number calculated with one of the formulas to stay under 104.9. the only time a school can use the formulas is to stay under 104.9 (they can't use another formula to go from D1 to D2). I don't think I've ever seen a school turn a different number to the TEA (not sure I even know what that means). The UIL cross-references TEA numbers to make sure everything lines up...I really think that's what they are doing from October to now.

It gets confusing when it comes to the enrollment numbers. From what I can understand, school districts that have alternate schools for DAEP and accelerated don't count those students in the snapshots if they do not participate in UIL activities. But for TEA, they do count in the enrollment numbers. They can be viewed in the TEA website where it shows the alternate school with the same district number as the home school. If the alternate school participates in UIL, then they are shown as enrollment in the alternate school. In San Angelo, in the Wall school district, there is Fairview, which provides the alternate school for a 12 school co-op, which includes Water Valley, Robert Lee, Bronte, and I'm not sure which other 6 man schools, and some 11 man schools like Wall, Ballinger, Miles, and Winters.

It gets confusing when it comes to the enrollment numbers. From what I can understand, school districts that have alternate schools for DAEP and accelerated don't count those students in the snapshots if they do not participate in UIL activities. But for TEA, they do count in the enrollment numbers. They can be viewed in the TEA website where it shows the alternate school with the same district number as the home school. If the alternate school participates in UIL, then they are shown as enrollment in the alternate school. In San Angelo, in the Wall school district, there is Fairview, which provides the alternate school for a 12 school co-op, which includes Water Valley, Robert Lee, Bronte, and I'm not sure which other 6 man schools, and some 11 man schools like Wall, Ballinger, Miles, and Winters.
If the school gets funding for the child, that child is counted toward enrollment. UIL participation does not matter.

You might want to scroll up on this page as explanations have been posted
Schools participating in Conference A football must submit enrollments for grades 9-12. if this enrollment figure is over 104.9, schools currently participating in conference A football can continue to participate in conference A football if, using one of the calculation methods below, an enrollment of less than 105 is achieved.
Alternative calculation methods are:
Grades 8-11.
Grades 7-10.
Grades 9-10 doubled.
These schools would be 2A in all other activities based on their 9-12 enrollment.
These schools would be 2A in all other activities based on their 9-12 enrollment.
Source: https://www.uiltexas.org/files/alignments/20-22_Alignment_Policies.pdf#page=3
Thanks.

Division I
ABBOTT
APPLE SPRINGS
AQUILLA
AVALON
BAIRD
BENAVIDES
BLUM
BOOKER
BORDEN COUNTY
BOYS RANCH
BRYSON
BUENA VISTA
BURKEVILLE
CAMPBELL
CHESTER
CLAUDE
COOLIDGE
COVINGTON
EDEN
GARDEN CITY
GHOLSON
GORDON
GORMAN
GRADY
HAPPY
HART
HERMLEIGH
HIGH ISLAND
HIGHLAND
IRA
IRION COUNTY
JONESBORO
KNIPPA
KNOX CITY
KRESS
LEAKEY
LEVERETTS CHAPEL
LINGLEVILLE
LOMETA
LORENZO
MARFA
MAY
MEADOW
MEDINA
MENARD
MILFORD
NAZARETH
NEWCASTLE
NORTHSIDE
NUECES CANYON
O'DONNELL
PAINT ROCK
PENELOPE
PERRIN-WHITT
PETERSBURG
PRAIRIE LEA
RANGER
RANKIN
ROBERT LEE
ROBY
ROTAN
RUNGE
SAINT JO
SANTA ANNA
SAVOY
SILVERTON
SPRINGLAKE EARTh
SPUR
UNION HILL
VALLEY
VERIBEST
WALNUT SPRINGS
WATER VALLEY
WELLMAN-UNION
WESTBROOK
WHITE DEER
WHITEFACE
WILDORADO

Division II
AMHERST
ANTON
ASPERMONT
BALMORHEA
BENJAMIN
BLACKWELL
BLANKET
BLUFF DALE
BRONTE
BROOKESMITH
BUCKHOLTS
BYNUM
CALVERT
CHEROKEE
CHILLICOTHE
COTTON CENTER
CRANFILLS GAP
CROWELL
DARROUZETT
DAWSON
EVANT
FOLLETT
FORESTBURG
FORT DAVIS
GOLD-BURG
GRANDFALLS-ROYALTY
GROOM
GUSTINE
GUTHRIE
HARROLD
HEDLEY
IREDELL
JAYTON
KLONDIKE
KOPPERL
LADONIA FANNINDEL
LAZBUDDIE
LEFORS
LOHN
LOOP
LORAINE
LUEDERS AVOCA
MCLEAN
MIAMI
MORAN
MORGAN
MOTLEY COUNTY
MOUNT CALM
MULLIN
OAKWOOD
OGLESBY
OLFEN
PADUCAH
PAINT CREEK
PANTHER CREEK
PATTON SPRING
PAWNEE
PRIDDY
RICHLAND SPRINGS
RISING STAR
ROCHELLE
RULE
SANDERSON
SANDS
SIDNEY
SIERRA BLANCA
SOUTHLAND
STRAWN
THREE WAY SCHOOL
THROCKMORTON
TRENT
TRINIDAD
WHITHARRAL
WILSON
WOODSON
ZEPHYR

Division I
ABBOTT
APPLE SPRINGS
AQUILLA
AVALON
BAIRD
BENAVIDES
BLUM
BOOKER
BORDEN COUNTY
BOYS RANCH
BRYSON
BUENA VISTA
BURKEVILLE
CAMPBELL
CHESTER
CLAUDE
COOLIDGE
COVINGTON
EDEN
GARDEN CITY
GHOLSON
GORDON
GORMAN
GRADY
HAPPY
HART
HERMLEIGH
HIGH ISLAND
HIGHLAND
IRA
IRION COUNTY
JONESBORO
KNIPPA
KNOX CITY
KRESS
LEAKEY
LEVERETTS CHAPEL
LINGLEVILLE
LOMETA
LORENZO
MARFA
MAY
MEADOW
MEDINA
MENARD
MILFORD
NAZARETH
NEWCASTLE
NORTHSIDE
NUECES CANYON
O'DONNELL
PAINT ROCK
PENELOPE
PERRIN-WHITT
PETERSBURG
PRAIRIE LEA
RANGER
RANKIN
ROBERT LEE
ROBY
ROTAN
RUNGE
SAINT JO
SANTA ANNA
SAVOY
SILVERTON
SPRINGLAKE EARTh
SPUR
UNION HILL
VALLEY
VERIBEST
WALNUT SPRINGS
WATER VALLEY
WELLMAN-UNION
WESTBROOK
WHITE DEER
WHITEFACE
WILDORADO
Runge turned in 50, so unless they opt up, they will be Div 2. I was thinking it is a possibility due to travel.

Back