sixmanfootball.com triva ••••

OK .... Here we go Mr. Dogface ....

Who can name any Texas six man football player who went on to compete in Division I NCAA College athletics in any sport ?

Name the Player - His High School - His College and his college sport.

smokeyjoe53 wrote:
> oldfat&bald wrote:
> Not even playing games yet and we already have a peeing for distance
> contest on this site.
>
> I think in my case it would be more of a dribbling contest and I am not
> referring to Basketball.
>
>

I ain't that old yet, but I'm starting to get to the age that I can believe all those horror stories are really true.

JO... do you think some of the newbies would understand any corn cob hat references... Not sure I can even wear it anymore considering the circumstances, but it sure is comfy... I was given a nice orange one today

Wasn't Coach Hoskins son in a D I program back east somewhere? Decathlon? Seems like there is another cathlon but the name escapes me. Must really be getting old!

justobserving wrote:
> OK .... Here we go Mr. Dogface ....
>
> Who can name any Texas six man football player who went on to compete in
> Division I NCAA College athletics in any sport ?
>
> Name the Player - His High School - His College and his college sport.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quincy Jenkins,Trinidad,Baylor,Football........

Corn cob hat,,,Saw that thing in Gatesville many moons ago

Calvert vs.Richland Springs,,,Calvert wins in a squeaker

granger wrote:
> JO... do you think some of the newbies would understand any corn cob hat
> references... Not sure I can even wear it anymore considering the
> circumstances, but it sure is comfy... I was given a nice orange one today

Ah the "corncob hat".. Hadn't thought of that one in a while - pleasant and fun memories there.. Thanks I needed that.....

Ah yes markf - remember that game well. Mr. Ehtridge played his heart out and just ran out of time and gas .....

Blue Bird wrote:
> Wasn't Coach Hoskins son in a D I program back east somewhere? Decathlon?
> Seems like there is another cathlon but the name escapes me. Must really
> be getting old!

Yes

Brandon Hoskins - Whitharral - Liberty University (compete DI in Track and Field) Decathlon .......... Still holds many school records.

Yes there was a kid from Meadow who also attended Liberty but his name escapes me at this time...... ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ... alright I claim completeheimers ... can not remember... Oh well good ole Google .

Clendon Henderson - Meadow high School - Liberty University Track and Field

J.O. The game i'm thinking about in Gatesville
was before Ehtridge ,
Someone correct me if i'm wrong,,i'm thinking
RS's Hoss that night was a kid named Hicks???

I know one thing,it was cold that night..

markf wrote:
> J.O. The game i'm thinking about in Gatesville
> was before Ehtridge ,
> Someone correct me if i'm wrong,,i'm thinking
> RS's Hoss that night was a kid named Hicks???
>
> I know one thing,it was cold that night..

You are correct ... my mistake ... was before Ethridge... My completeheimers kicking in again. I do remember vividly he was still going at it as hard as his body would allow that last drive. He and his whole team were just dog tired from chasing that Calvert speed down all night. The kid did give a valiant effort.

Cold - you lower half of the state guys don't know cold .... ha !! I think I wore a light jacket that night .... Now the completeheimers cold be a factor in this here recollection.

JO, did not another young man from Meadow go to Liberty? I also missassumed his name, but he was QB and pole vaulter on Meadow's team that tied Amherst in 94. He was a junior that year and almost swatted down the field goal that tied the game and allowed Amherst to win on penetrations. MTBar could help on the name, if he has not gone totally senile like me.

High Plains Drifter wrote:

JO, did not another young man from Meadow go to Liberty? I also missassumed his name, but he was QB and pole vaulter on Meadow's team that tied Amherst in 94. He was a junior that year and almost swatted down the field goal that tied the game and allowed Amherst to win on penetrations. MTBar could help on the name, if he has not gone totally senile like me.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I believe you are correct - that rings a bell. Brandon would know - he works at Liberty now. I will see if I can get in touch with him if no one else comes up with the name.

Just a comment: Not every one can sport a corncob hat. It is a difficult task to wear such a head attire this far south. I would hazard a guess that 99.99% of all who tried would come off looking like a dork, but our famous Granger, the one and only is truly styling with his. I feel fortunate to be one of the few who have witnessed Granger thus attired and give thanks every day that I am one of the chosen. Ha

Back