Rumor Mill

I didn't expect them to do the consensus guess from everyone in the state. Certainly doesn't help Richland clear the "we don't recruit" rumors. Oh well. Probably his best chance for the 4/4. Can't blame him
If the Rigdons are indeed back in Richland Springs it brings all that trophy chasing a full circle since that is where all the drama began. Lol They were probably inspired by that famous Buck Owens song Together Again. Please enjoy:

Feel free to howl along.

Lol, we'll all have to wait and see what becomes official. Even though Baird approved hiring Hayes for AD/HFC, he apparently hasn't accepted it yet. And, in Benjamin's school board minutes, they approved a new 2 year contract for Hayes, after Baird approved his hiring.

Lol, we'll all have to wait and see what becomes official. Even though Baird approved hiring Hayes for AD/HFC, he apparently hasn't accepted it yet. And, in Benjamin's school board minutes, they approved a new 2 year contract for Hayes, after Baird approved his hiring.
And the plot thickens. Does it seem that Hayes is trying to jettison the Rigdons?

Last edited:
I guess you could say jettison. Talon Hayes will be senior this fall and all indications are that he is a really good player. He was an all state linebacker as a freshman at Water Valley. But, all I see is about Rigdon, how good he is, the college interests in him, etc. Maybe Hayes is looking for a way to get his son in the spotlight and not be overshadowed by Rigdon and maybe get college interest in him.

Any of y'all Dave Campbell subscribers?
Dave posted Rigdon to leave Benjamin.
I'm not a subscriber so I was not able to read the whole article, as to where Rigdon was going.

So rumors have it Grayson to RS and the Hayes boys staying in Benjamin. Looks like we might be looking at a Benjamin vs RS showdown in December.

Excited Lets Go GIF by 2023 MTV Video Music Awards

So rumors have it Grayson to RS and the Hayes boys staying in Benjamin. Looks like we might be looking at a Benjamin vs RS showdown in December.

Excited Lets Go GIF by 2023 MTV Video Music Awards
Those rumors are wrong. Rigdon’s gone and if I were in charge at either Baird or Benjamin I’d get a decision from Hayes or move on.

I guess that’s possible. May has few good Seniors and good Junior and Sophomore classes coming this season. Losing Coach Steele and his son hurts. They will be missed. So I could see that happening but I doubt it. Bigger pesos out west I’m just speaking the truth.

Back