Rumor Mill

As a resident of the Texas Panhandle this is all speculation …….. I believe we should all have a platform to express our opinions. But saying this and that and being hateful without even knowing what is taking place and using a pseudo name is just as bad as what your talking down upon if what your saying has any credibility! We need to be raising each other up as a society not tearing one another down!
I wasn't being hateful, I was literally reiterating what I've been told about the situation at Miami lol. Coach of 98 had to be my Coach Browning or Coach Rice since they were the only 2 coaches there at that time. I was in 5th grade. So where did you Coach in 98?

Coach Howell would out coach Reed. Any straight basketball player could've coached Gordon to a title this year, and the next couple years.
Reed had to completely rebuild that program and I expect them to win state the next 2 years. Don't think a straight bball player could do that. May have to do some research bud

Not sure why Follett job will be open they are always good; the Miami coach was looking for an eleven man job the last two years not sure why cause Miami is loaded, and Groom, all their talent left last year and they couldn’t compete with the other two teams. I’d give the edge to Follett just cause Miami will be a talented but very young team.
The school the Miami coach is going to should be back ot 6-Man in 2 years.

I wasn't being hateful, I was literally reiterating what I've been told about the situation at Miami lol. Coach of 98 had to be my Coach Browning or Coach Rice since they were the only 2 coaches there at that time. I was in 5th grade. So where did you Coach in 98?
Didn’t teach in 98 that’s the only handle that was left that I was able to use, I’m from Canadian. Ran around with a bunch of Miami kids 95-99, I like to keep up with the alumni’s kids that go to school there currently. Any names to be watching out for in the next four years?

Reed had to completely rebuild that program and I expect them to win state the next 2 years. Don't think a straight bball player could do that. May have to do some research bud
Their mile relay just ran a 3:21. In case you're unaware of how much they shattered the record, the old one was 3:25. 3:21 is competitive with 3A/4A state qualifier's times. That's not quite rebuilding.

Their mile relay just ran a 3:21. In case you're unaware of how much they shattered the record, the old one was 3:25. 3:21 is competitive with 3A/4A state qualifier's times. That's not quite rebuilding.
That is exactly "rebuilding"...unless they held the previous record (which they did not) or they have consistently run under 3:30 the last several years (which they have not). Coach Reed has done a great job there. I don't see how "just anyone" could have done it. Also, keep in mind, if Reed isn't there, neither is one of those sophomores.

No doubt he has done a great job. But many could've won a title with the Gordon team. Many beginners and also straight basketball guys.

Didn’t teach in 98 that’s the only handle that was left that I was able to use, I’m from Canadian. Ran around with a bunch of Miami kids 95-99, I like to keep up with the alumni’s kids that go to school there currently. Any names to be watching out for in the next four years?
Current HS players - Breken Early, Hunter Henderson, Micah Hinshaw, Kristopher Gorecki, Noah Homfeld, Jack Kotora, Tyler Anderson
JH Players - Chance White, Rifle McDowell

A lot can change is a year or two though, late bloomers are always there.

Last edited:
He was a great player no doubt! The one game I watched him play he left it all on the field, looked like he was the one doing the actual coaching as well as running the plays
Anyone who know football and watch Miami play at all last year know this a joke. Thompson and Coach Howell had a collaborative relationship but it was all due to what he learned from Coach Howell and how much respect Coach Howell had for him. As far as “wasted depth” go that freshman class was the least talented in the last 4 years and they played there part on the team good. Everyone on the field earned it and you could tell if you watched at all. they have a lot to figure out but all that “wasted depth” will have a opportunity for a bigger role.

So you take chat rooms seriously?

He probably hopes that at some point folks will start using these forums, in at least a little bit of a more professional manner, for simply sharing information about what's going on in the world of six-man football, rather than using them as a place to bash, or belittle, coaches, players, teams, or other fans.

He wouldn't be alone...

Back