Richland Springs vs Motley thoughts

Klaactu

Six-man fan
Richland Springs is tougher, stronger, faster, and more dedicated, determined and focused than you can imagine. Go Richland. Number nine will be so fine!

Motley County has been scoring a lot of points. Actually they have a higher points per game average than RS does. Can this trend carry on to this game? The last time these two programs met was just about this time of year in 2011, with the game ending with the mercy rule in favor of the Coyotes of Richland Springs. The high scoring offense of the Matadors is about to again encounter the greatest defensive mind in sixman football. This should be a great day for all sports fans to come out to AT&T and have a good time watching the illustrious game of Sixman football!
Mark your calendar for Wednesday December 18, 2019, 2:00 pm.

Over at half or shortly after. This team is loaded with talent. Too bad we can’t play D1 vs D2 championship! IMO As bad as I hate for Their current staff to get credit for this teams success when this team came together and had a killer summer program under another Man, This team is Best SixMan Roster In the STATE!

Johnny South":3crlwm2s said:
Motley County has been scoring a lot of points. Actually they have a higher points per game average than RS does. Can this trend carry on to this game? The last time these two programs met was just about this time of year in 2011, with the game ending with the mercy rule in favor of the Coyotes of Richland Springs. The high scoring offense of the Matadors is about to again encounter the greatest defensive mind in sixman football. This should be a great day for all sports fans to come out to AT&T and have a good time watching the illustrious game of Sixman football!
Mark your calendar for Wednesday December 18, 2019, 2:00 pm.

Greatest defensive mind?? No doubt he can scheme/ scam. Maybe someday he will coach a team he has to build. Oh wait he tried that at 3 schools in like a year.

Greatest defensive mind?? No doubt he can scheme/ scam. Maybe someday he will coach a team he has to build. Oh wait he tried that at 3 schools in like a year.[/quote]
6manonly":3qida8t3 said:
[quot2019, 2:00 pm.[/
Greatest defensive mind?? No doubt he can scheme/ scam. Maybe someday he will coach a team he has to build. Oh wait he tried that at 3 schools in like a year.
Haters gonna hate

I will say that Burkhart does put a lot of focus on blocking and tackling. Is he a mastermind on defense I have no idea but in my opinion I think coaches are getting lazier or don’t understand the game. I personally have never been a fan of Burkhart but I won’t lie and say he isn’t a good coach. He prepares his team better than other coaches do. He understands this game so much more than other coaches.

6manonly wrote,
Greatest defensive mind?? No doubt he can scheme/ scam. Maybe someday he will coach a team he has to build. Oh wait he tried that at 3 schools in like a year.[/quote]

Just can't let it go can you. So sad. So very sad.

MA1984":2k38vmsl said:
I will say that Burkhart does put a lot of focus on blocking and tackling. Is he a mastermind on defense I have no idea but in my opinion I think coaches are getting lazier or don’t understand the game. I personally have never been a fan of Burkhart but I won’t lie and say he isn’t a good coach. He prepares his team better than other coaches do. He understands this game so much more than other coaches.

Agree 100%! Love him or hate him, Jerry Burkhart teams always block and tackle. I will probably get attacked for this, but I think JB could coach 11-man because all those spread teams can't block anyone.

As far the game, let me be the first to congratulate Jerry Burkhart for tying Gordon Wood with 9 state titles, the most in Texas High School Football!

Ironic you mention Burkhart and Gordon Wood. Possibly the last game Wood ever saw was the Strawn - RS semifinal in his stadium in 2003. He commented about what an incredible game they were seeing at half time. Per Granger Huntress, who was in the press box where Wood was watching the game.

tx6man4life said:
Over at half or shortly after. This team is loaded with talent. Too bad we can’t play D1 vs D2 championship! IMO As bad as I hate for Their current staff to get credit for this teams success when this team came together and had a killer summer program under another Man, This team is Best SixMan Roster In texas

RS has a good team but are ranked #11 overall for a reason there are at least 6 or 7 D1 schools that would beat yall handily very handily. So enjoy your trip to atat but dont be delisional.

6manonly":16wwvsf8 said:
RS has a good team but are ranked #11 overall for a reason there are at least 6 or 7 D1 schools that would beat yall handily very handily. So enjoy your trip to atat but dont be delisional.

Now he sat down and looked at the grapes in disgust.
"What a fool I am," he said. "Here I am wearing myself out to get a bunch of sour grapes that are not worth gaping for."

And off he walked very, very scornfully.

Moral: There are many who pretend to despise and belittle that which is beyond their reach.

South thank you for your eloquent down your nose point of view. I have my opinion which is mine. I've seen 5 top teams play this year and I've watched RS play twice they are not even close to the quality of those teams and if you think for one minute RS springs can play with Rankin McLean then your grape analogy fits you perfectly...

Who did you see them play? I saw them play SA FEAST and I said, this team has a long way to go if they want to win state. But from the looks of their last couple of games, I'd say they are firing on all cylinders now. You know what they say, "You're only as good as your last game." Well..... By the way, you said maybe someday he will coach a team he has to build. Well he became HC in '03 so let's throw out the first four years and start with '07. State Champs. 45ed everyone but the final game. Won by 44. Then we have 2010 through 2012. 45 game winning streak and 3 state titles. Next, 2015 & '16. Two undefeated seasons and 2 more championships. Hmmm, I guess he didn't have anything to do with that. What say you?

I'd like to see a competitive game, and I still have hopes, but I'm afraid MC may be in for a rude awakening at AT&T. They are 11-3. I don't know if they might have had injuries early on or if maybe it was just growing pains. I've read they are mostly sophomores. A great achievement for such a group to get to state. They were in a couple of shootouts they lost. By 2 to Spur, 76-74 and 22 to Knox City 116-94. Then there was the 88-46 loss to Paducah. Granted they have 45'd all until the QF over Groom by 6. Then the semi by 12 over Blackwell.

MC won it all in 2007. Coach Bigham and MC were overwhelmed by JB and the Yotes in the state game in 2011. So MC is not new to this. I can't remember when the 6m state games came to JW, that part may be new for them. The fans should go enjoy the atmosphere and support the team no matter the spread and learn their way around. With a group of sophomores like this and an experienced winning coach they may well be back in the next couple of years.

I'd like to see a competitive game, and I still have hopes, but I'm afraid MC may be in for a rude awakening at AT&T. They are 11-3. I don't know if they might have had injuries early on or if maybe it was just growing pains. I've read they are mostly sophomores. A great achievement for such a group to get to state. They were in a couple of shootouts they lost. By 2 to Spur, 76-74 and 22 to Knox City 116-94. Then there was the 88-46 loss to Paducah. Granted they have 45'd all until the QF over Groom by 6. Then the semi by 12 over Blackwell.

MC won it all in 2007. Coach Bigham and MC were overwhelmed by JB and the Yotes in the state game in 2011. So MC is not new to this. I can't remember when the 6m state games came to JW, that part may be new for them. The fans should go enjoy the atmosphere and support the team no matter the spread and learn their way around. With a group of sophomores like this and an experienced winning coach they may well be back in the next couple of years.

I found one game on YouTube between Richland Springs and Motley County. It was the 2011 State Championship game played in Abilene at Shotwell and Richland won 76 to 28. Motley had one stand-out runner named Aaron Rogers. Richland had a runner (I did not catch his name) that Motley County could not catch or tackle. I think the overall talent for the State Championship game tomorrow is stronger for Richland than in 2011. Having not watched Motley this year, I can only assume that they will put up a fight, but resistance is futile. Richland Springs wins big.

We all know why the Cowboys played such a good game against the Rams last Sunday. They did not want to be shone-up by the Coyotes on Wednesday.

Back