Richland Springs vs Calvert

coyoteman325

11-man fan
What are your thoughts? The spread says 45, but I'll go with 46 and over 3rd quarter lol. 68-22 RS. Calvert just don't have enough to make it a game imo. Better luck in round-ball

RogueEconomist":2st2ccca said:
Calvert is well coached and will make a game of it. RS hasn't really been test much, playing mostly weak teams.

Rouge, you've been posting for years on here for years, for RS. I thought you'd of been supporting them.

Do you really think Calvert has a chance?

A few years ago no one thought they had a chance against Borden County when they met in Strawn. Borden was in the middle of a winning streak and found out that they were not in shape and had a hard time with Calvert's speed. Calvert beat them at the end. Calvert has always been one of those teams that you best not look past. Calvert historically tends to leave a lot points on the field due to their inability to kick point afters. Head coach Ja'Marcus Ashley is young, smart,a worker, from Calvert and a quality person. RS is always tough.

RogueEconomist":6xxzhm3l said:
A few years ago no one thought they had a chance against Borden County when they met in Strawn. Borden was in the middle of a winning streak and found out that they were not in shape and had a hard time with Calvert's speed. Calvert beat them at the end. Calvert has always been one of those teams that you best not look past. Calvert historically tends to leave a lot points on the field due to their inability to kick point afters. Head coach Ja'Marcus Ashley is young, smart,a worker, from Calvert and a quality person. RS is always tough.

Saw Calvert play Garden City in Hico a fews back during Garden City’s run. Calvert actually should have won that game but couldn’t make the extra points. I’ve seen them several times and kicking seems to be their weak point.

RogueEconomist":36gpmcp4 said:
I saw the RS /Calvert playoff game several years ago and they were basically trading touchdowns until Calvert’s spread back went down.
Calvert has had various difficulties in the past. I believe they have found their Messiah in Coach Ashley. Maybe not this year, but if he stays, Calvert will be a force to be reckoned with in the future, I don’t care if you are from north, south, east or west Texas, watch out!
Just my observation and opinion....,,,,,,

Ares":r4ndd7sq said:
As much as I'd like to see RS make another run for State. I think Calvert will win this one.

Have you watched RS play? They have a full squad and as long as they keep team dynamic under control they win this week easily. They have everyone available and healthy and eligible finally. I hate to say it but they probably coast to AT&T Stadium. They have weapons they don’t really even use. The young number 3 kid for example averages 5 touches a game and 2 touchdowns on the season. Not Calverts year I don’t think..

Its going to come down to Extra Points and Turnovers. If RS doesnt turn the ball over and make their Extra Points, they will win. Yes the younger Rigdon brother is good but so is the older brother and the Burkhart boy. They all three have talent. All three of them can score at will. What's going to make them unstoppable is all three of them putting in 100% every play even if they dont get the ball. Blocking for one another and being unselfish will lead this team a long way in my opinion.

Back