Richland Springs Coyotes. The run is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
337530083_b8a5f3449b.jpg

Somebody told me once you CAN win a state championship with a loss or two.

Just as long as one of those losses isn't in your LAST game.

(Hint ... I might not be betting any grocery money against the Coyotes playing in December.)

Looking at Richland Springs remaining schedule, barring injury, they should win out until the playoffs. Division II is weak and Richland Springs will continue to win even with freshmen.

freeagent":nhpfibb2 said:

(Hint ... I might not be betting any grocery money against the Coyotes playing in December.)
I completely agree.
(AND I guarantee I won't be betting any grocery money against them.)
That being said....It's still funny!

olderelk":gij3w5oq said:
freeagent":gij3w5oq said:

I completely agree.
(AND I guarantee I won't be betting any grocery money against them.)
That being said....It's still funny!

That was the entire reason for the photo.....

sixmanfootballman":2hygbccq said:
Why can't r.s. win state? Just because they lost the first game? Y'all are saying that a team can't win state with one lost?
That isn't what is being said at all.
The run (win streak) is done.
The Coyotes aren't done.

olderelk":iuwa6x79 said:
sixmanfootballman":iuwa6x79 said:
Why can't r.s. win state? Just because they lost the first game? Y'all are saying that a team can't win state with one lost?
That isn't what is being said at all.
The run (win streak) is done.
The Coyotes aren't done.

What streak are you referring to? I know they lost to Gordon in the regular season a few years ago, and lost to Rule in 05, Strawn in 09, I think Strawn again in 10 (Haustin got hurt, it was in Early I believe) in the playoffs. Surely all this hoopla isn't because they lost a game at home for the first time in ten years? While I do understand that to be an incredible feat, I would hardly say "the run is over" because that streak ended. Like others, I believe Coach Burkhart will get the Coyotes ready to play and if they really are suiting up eight or nine freshmen, which equals my graduating class, as one poster stated then this should be viewed as a rebuilding year anyways. Heck, Coach Burkhart may win not 6, not 7, not 8, not 9, not 10 state championships or more. You never know with schools this size!

They lost to Throckmorton in 05 in the semifinals. In 08 they lost to Strawn in the playoffs. In 09 they lost to Borden County (regular season) in Trent and then to Strawn in the playoffs. In 2003 they lost to Strawn in the semifinals.
Incidentally, that Strawn team won the last championship before sixman split into 2 divisions and was a one loss team, losing to Gordon in the regular season.
State champions with one loss from 1994 to 2012
1994 Amherst (also had a tie with meadow in playoffs won on penetrations)
1999 Gordon
2003 Strawn
2006 Northside Division II first D2 champion
2007 Motley County Division II
2008 Strawn Division I
2009 Garden City Division I
2012 Throckmorton Division I
Of the 26 championships in the years from 1994-2012 that is DI and DII, 8 have been one loss teams or little less than one third.

rainjacktx":3klnci4z said:
I'm glad RS lost.

Not because of the kids. They played their best but came up short - just like 97.8% of all 6-man teams do at least once per season.

I hope the loss will shut the idiot RS fanboy posters up. So your foster-care recruiting system failed. Spare me the histrionics. No ring this year means you will need to double down on recruiting next year. You will be back on top soon enough.

Ok............ if your going to stir the pot, I'll jump in.

This isn't going to shut up no one.
Now the Coyotes are 95-2 in the past 12 season regular season games. HaHa, not bad at all. Were going to loss more, but it would have to be about 12 seasons of 0-10 to get me to shut up!
We still the KING, baby! Just a HATING! I understand.

FAILED??? 6 State Championships?? FAILED, I'm confused???
How many has your "Bridesmaid" team won??

It's really sad that you are HATING on Foster Kids. I hope all you Foster Kids out there take notice that this guy, "Rainjacktx" is a HATER of Foster Kids!! Unbelievable! You should be real proud of yourself!

Bill O'Rielly":1f41kf1y said:
rainjacktx":1f41kf1y said:
I'm glad RS lost.

Not because of the kids. They played their best but came up short - just like 97.8% of all 6-man teams do at least once per season.

I hope the loss will shut the idiot RS fanboy posters up. So your foster-care recruiting system failed. Spare me the histrionics. No ring this year means you will need to double down on recruiting next year. You will be back on top soon enough.

Now the Coyotes are 95-2 in the past 12 season regular season games. HaHa, not bad at all. Were going to loss more, but it would have to be about 12 seasons of 0-10 to get me to shut up!

It's really sad that you are HATING on Foster Kids. I hope all you Foster Kids out there take notice that this guy, "Rainjacktx" is a HATER of Foster Kids!! Unbelievable! You should be real proud of yourself!

That is just patently untrue O'Rielly. Rainjacktx is NOT just hating on Foster Kids. That Sir is ABSURD.
I'll have you know that Rainjacktx hates everyone.
By the way, I hope that your spelling and sentence structure inadequacies are not a product of the RS Education System.

twodollarbill":hxn9wehp said:
Bill O'Rielly":hxn9wehp said:
rainjacktx":hxn9wehp said:
I'm glad RS lost.

That is just patently untrue O'Rielly. Rainjacktx is NOT just hating on Foster Kids. That Sir is ABSURD.
I'll have you know that Rainjacktx hates everyone.
By the way, I hope that your spelling and sentence structure inadequacies are not a product of the RS Education System.

You haven't figured it out yet, Dumbo?
We don't teach our kids to spell or to use correct sentence structure, we teach kids to win STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS! :)

[/quote] You haven't figured it out yet, Dumbo?
We don't teach our kids to spell or to use correct sentence structure, we teach kids to win STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS! :)[/quote]

I don't care who ya are,
that thar's funny.

Bill O'Rielly":113atpho said:
rainjacktx":113atpho said:
I'm glad RS lost.

Typical lib attitude - any criticism is automatically assumed to be a hate crime.....

By the way, we over in Seguin didn't do a very good job keeping the mantle of longest current sixman varsity winning streak after RS and Stephenville Faith lost in week 0 (we lost 50-34 to Kerrville Our Lady of the Hills). Ended it at 15 games (last previous loss, week 11 in 2011).

Sounds like the "honor" goes over to Dallas Covenant, at 15 games (last loss, week 0 in 2012). Let them have the hot potato.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back