realignment 2020

Kramer

11-man fan
Here's a new twist to the 2020 realignment configurations (looks like no more adding of grade levels)

Click on the link provided and scroll down to
II. Uil Conferences
3b.

https://www.uiltexas.org/files/policy/2 ... licies.pdf

Conference A shall consist of all schools with an enrollment of 104.9 or lower.
a. Schools with 104.9 or fewer students may choose to participate in
Conference A (six-man) football, or to play in Conference 2A (elevenman football) but remain in Conference A for other applicable activities.

b. Schools PARTICIPATING in Conference A
football: MUST SUBMIT ENROLLMENTS FOR
GRADES 9-12.

IF THIS ENROLLMENT FIGURE IS OVER 104.9,
SCHOOLS CURRENTLY PARTICIPATING IN CONFERENCE A
FOOTBALL CAN CONTINUE TO PARTICIPATE IN CONFERENCE
A FOOTBALL IF, USING ONE OF THE CALCULATION METHODS
BELOW, AN ENROLLMENT OF LESS THAN 105 IS ACHIEVED.
ALTERNATIVE CALCULATION METHODS ARE:
i. GRADES 8-11
ii. Grades 7-10
iii. Grades 9-10 doubled.
THESE SCHOOLS WOULD BE 2A IN ALL OTHER ACTIVITIES
BASED ON THEIR 9-12 ENROLLMENT.

Does this mean that a school like Blum, who is often over 105 kids in grades 9-12 but able to get under 105 using the other calculation methods, will have to compete against 2A school for basketball and track? If I'm reading this correctly then the alternative methods will only be allowed for football.

hillcountybounty":3lcavex0 said:
Does this mean that a school like Blum, who is often over 105 kids in grades 9-12 but able to get under 105 using the other calculation methods, will have to compete against 2A school for basketball and track? If I'm reading this correctly then the alternative methods will only be allowed for football.

My understanding is schools like that would fall under the "IF..." part and be able to try to count another way to stay in 1A football, but would be 2A in everything else

IF THIS ENROLLMENT FIGURE IS OVER 104.9,
SCHOOLS CURRENTLY PARTICIPATING IN CONFERENCE A
FOOTBALL CAN CONTINUE TO PARTICIPATE IN CONFERENCE
A FOOTBALL IF, USING ONE OF THE CALCULATION METHODS
BELOW, AN ENROLLMENT OF LESS THAN 105 IS ACHIEVED.
ALTERNATIVE CALCULATION METHODS ARE:
i. GRADES 8-11
ii. Grades 7-10
iii. Grades 9-10 doubled.
THESE SCHOOLS WOULD BE 2A IN ALL OTHER ACTIVITIES
BASED ON THEIR 9-12 ENROLLMENT.

techster2000":3egl5wvu said:
It's the opposite. 1A has multiple ways to count. Other A's do not.

Techster click on the above link. There are no more 1A multiple ways of adding. IN THE PAST A 1A SCHOOL COULD ADD 9-12 OR 8-11 OR 7-10 OR 9-10 DOUBLED.
After reading the link supplied by UIL, it's only 9-12 now AND if you are above the 104.9 mark

Kramer is correct

Everyone counts and turns in one way 9-12 (which I personally think it should be 8-11 but thats another debate)

Then if you have 105 or more and are playing in 1A football right now you can use one of the other ways to try to get under the 105, but will have to stay in 2A in everything else. At least that's how I read it

Yes, but 1A football has multiple ways to count if they are over 105 but had previous six man numbers. You are correct that the original count is 9-12

This is going to make it more realistic and the cutoff numbers for Div 1 and Div 2, I think is going to be higher. You will have more schools in the 65-85 range then ever before. That is just my speculation.

In years passed this thought had floated through my mind, but I didn't really pay that much attention to it because I didn't care one way or the other. You are right. There are some and maybe several schools who chose the grades to turn in to the UIL that would give them the lowest count and the best chance of staying in D II.

Back