Rankings don’t matter... just play!!!

Vincent J. Davis

Six-man fan
I know some folks I’ve talked to this week have talked about rankings and stuff. My answer to them was to just play the game on the field and not worry about rankings. It’s nothing but a points system. It’s possible a team can win state in their own division and still not finish number 1 in grangers rankings... happened to us at a Duncanville Christway after winning the 2009 title over Brehnam... we finished 3rd with a 12-1 record.. lifegate finished 2nd in the state rankings with a 2nd round loss to brehnam and brehnam finished the season ranked number 1 in the state after losing to us in the title game..... the game is played on the field.. just have fun and enjoy the ride!!! Don’t stress over it!!

God Bless,

Vincent J. Davis, MS

Old76er":2muw4za8 said:
Question is which teams are unhappy with their ranking?

Can’t say, out of respect for the programs. Just told the coaches to prepare their teams each week and stay off of the boards looking at rankings.

Rankings just give us something to talk about. Negativity can be used as motivation for some programs. It’s too early for the rankings to level out. Give it 3-4 more weeks and you may see where everyone stands.

RANKINGS DO MATTER !
To Independents. I would normally agree with you and say that the only rankings that matter are the one that come out at “Jerry’s World “. However, with Independents every game and every point the “Toy” generates determines the ranking, seeding and whether or not your team receives an invitation to play in the Independent Six Man Bowl Series to determine the Independent State Champion. So while you are right, as to your statement for the majority, it does not apply to those in the Independent category where EVERY GAME COUNTS !

Vincent J. Davis":ke6vjdrf said:
Old76er":ke6vjdrf said:

Can’t say, out of respect for the programs. Just told the coaches to prepare their teams each week and stay off of the boards looking at rankings.

Can you say which division rankings are in question? D1,D2, or D3? Would like to look at them and get everyone’s input on which seem under rated or over rated. Don’t have to name the team out of respect for the program

FCSA football":cbb09p1r said:
RANKINGS DO MATTER !
To Independents. I would normally agree with you and say that the only rankings that matter are the one that come out at “Jerry’s World “. However, with Independents every game and every point the “Toy” generates determines the ranking, seeding and whether or not your team receives an invitation to play in the Independent Six Man Bowl Series to determine the Independent State Champion. So while you are right, as to your statement for the majority, it does not apply to those in the Independent category where EVERY GAME COUNTS !

My apologies, I most definitely forgot about the seeding for the independents in the bowl series... I was thinking about the TAPPS, TCAF and TCAL Schools.

Old76er":2rbimtxe said:
Vincent J. Davis":2rbimtxe said:
Old76er":2rbimtxe said:

Can you say which division rankings are in question? D1,D2, or D3? Would like to look at them and get everyone’s input on which seem under rated or over rated. Don’t have to name the team out of respect for the program

I’ll just say this..... playoffs will be fun to watch!!!! Enjoy the season everyone!!!

Okay my mind is made up... no matter what division.. grangers rankings and point system doesn’t matter.... how does Claude lose 56-14 and jump to number 1 in the Independent rankings over a great UME Prep team who took down Dallas Tyler Street by 30????

This is why I say just play the games on the field...

Granger if you could enlighten me on how your system works because I’ve never understood it...

Back