Rankin @ Ft.Davis/ District Championship

Old_dirty_D

11-man fan
Rankin stuck it to Garden City last week, but they travel to a hostile Ft.Davis field... I say Rankin wins by 38, does anyone think an upset is on hand ?

I'll stick with the Native American Aborigines .................................
Rankin 2543 ft
Ft. Davis 5,050 feet
To me this is a significant home field advantage.......

Leaving out the "machine" what do you think about the game? Realistically I think Rankin by 24.....Like Fort Davis a lot but Rankin has too many hosses. Hope I'm wrong......

smokeyjoe53":1bprvrji said:
Leaving out the "machine" what do you think about the game? Realistically I think Rankin by 24.....Like Fort Davis a lot but Rankin has too many hosses. Hope I'm wrong......

I like Rankin, but I see the game a 12-15 point victory, playing at altitude can make for a long game. Fort Davis didn't get here on luck, they also have a strong team so with a couple of breaks going their way the game could be a lot closer.

I think Rankin knows this could be a hard fought win. Rankin wins but Fort Davis makes a descent game of it. Altitude may help a bit.

I'd say Fort Davis won't be able to stop Rankin... too much power... and Rankin will have some defense. I'm giving Rankin a 24 point lead.

I've got to go with Rankin by 16 in this one but both teams are very tough and will represent district 7 well in the playoffs. Water Valley played Rankin at home and barley escaped with the win so I'd just as soon not see them in the first round of the playoffs. If it's Ft. Davis on the losing end of this one it will be a long drive to the playoff site for both them and Water Valley (probably McCamey) but then, Ft. Davis is used to the long drives. If Ft. Davis prevails it will be WV and Rankin in a re-match of last years first rounder. Good luck to both teams.

Both, from what I understand, are the strongest on offense that the defense is the weakest against. Ft Davis is spread and Rankin has toruble with the spread on defense. Rankin runs a power game and Ft Davis cant stop the power. Should be an interesting game to say the least.

Back