Possible realignment movement

Genuinely curious, what are you referring to?

I too, am confused. Is the thought that someone moved in intentionally to throw the numbers over 104 and now it being said that they should move back out? That seems .... far fetched. If the community is legitimately growing, that's usually a good thing. Usually.

The small community I am in has seen some sizable growth over the past 3 years. However, the bulk of the people buying land and moving out here no longer have school aged kids. So, the school enrollment numbers are not changing at the same pace as the general population.

Last edited:
I too, am confused. Is the thought that someone moved in intentionally to throw the numbers over 104 and now it being said that they should move back out? That seems .... far fetched. If the community is legitimately growing, that's usually a good thing. Usually.

The small community I am in has seen some sizable growth over the past 3 years. However, the bulk of the people buying land and moving out here no longer have school aged kids. So, the school enrollment numbers are not changing at the same pace as the general population.
The problem I’m having with the latest happenings at WV, my problem and my opinion, is the being reported at 104 and getting caught at about 10 over. If I‘m not mistaken, the Superintendent of each school reports to the school board the number of students enrolled each board meeting. These administrators know where they are at for re-alignment at all times. Someone is tracking these numbers and reporting them to these Superintendents. Did someone falsify these records? Why did someone false report WV? If you have 105 students, go to 2A. If a district grows, that is good. The people I’m upset with and think need to leave town are the ones false reporting. That should be breaking the law. The good law abiding people of Water Valley that are supporting their school and community were lied to. The other schools were lied to. Do we trust these law breakers living in our community. I wish Water Valley, Sterling City, and all others moving up or down in classifications the best of luck. I want them to all do well whether it is 6 man or 11 man but most of all, educate our future. I hope this explains why a lot of us are “VERY” upset.

The problem I’m having with the latest happenings at WV, my problem and my opinion, is the being reported at 104 and getting caught at about 10 over. If I‘m not mistaken, the Superintendent of each school reports to the school board the number of students enrolled each board meeting. These administrators know where they are at for re-alignment at all times. Someone is tracking these numbers and reporting them to these Superintendents. Did someone falsify these records? Why did someone false report WV? If you have 105 students, go to 2A. If a district grows, that is good. The people I’m upset with and think need to leave town are the ones false reporting. That should be breaking the law. The good law abiding people of Water Valley that are supporting their school and community were lied to. The other schools were lied to. Do we trust these law breakers living in our community. I wish Water Valley, Sterling City, and all others moving up or down in classifications the best of luck. I want them to all do well whether it is 6 man or 11 man but most of all, educate our future. I hope this explains why a lot of us are “VERY” upset.

I see. And I agree that if there is false reporting occurring, someone needs to be held accountable.

Is the growth in the Water Valley/Sterling City area because of oil? Also, how long has Water Valley played sixman? While I remember Sterling City dropping down within the last 10 years, I think Water Valley was a sixman school since I started paying attention.

The WV went to 11-man back in 1980 and stayed there until dropping back down to sixman in 2002. We did NOT have any success in 11-man. This move is disappointing to me but, as someone else mentioned, this must indicate that the community is growing. We've seen a number of schools close or consolidate over the years so it could be worse... I guess. I think Sterling City went back to sixman in 2008.

The WV went to 11-man back in 1980 and stayed there until dropping back down to sixman in 2002. We did NOT have any success in 11-man. This move is disappointing to me but, as someone else mentioned, this must indicate that the community is growing. We've seen a number of schools close or consolidate over the years so it could be worse... I guess. I think Sterling City went back to sixman in 2008.
WV and SC will be missed both great teams. Wishing both the best of luck.

Interesting. How were they lied to?
From what I have heard they were at 104, just below the cutoff and they had to add the kids from the state school, who do not even attend WV and that got them to 113.
Question is if they never counted those kids in the past why did UIL make them count them this year? Especially if they have nothing to do with the school or district as far as teaching, athletics and funding.

From what I have heard they were at 104, just below the cutoff and they had to add the kids from the state school, who do not even attend WV and that got them to 113.
Question is if they never counted those kids in the past why did UIL make them count them this year? Especially if they have nothing to do with the school or district as far as teaching, athletics and funding.
Exactly. Really is aggravating just sitting on outside of this. Can’t imagine how the kids involved are feeling. Don’t seam fair. Surely there’s more to this story somehow somewhere.

Back