LATEST RANKINGS

Murdoch

Six-man fan
OH NO! Week eight rankings out and Richland Springs is ranked ahead of Milford. Hold on to your popcorn. We're gonna hear about this.

Murdoch":sozpyg3j said:
OH NO! Week eight rankings out and Richland Springs is ranked ahead of Milford. Hold on to your popcorn. We're gonna hear about this.
At the end of the day, Milford can’t play with Richland Springs. Walker Tippie is a dang good athlete and the only team that has stopped him was Happy (He didn’t play that game because of an injury). If Milford wants to beat Richland they must stop Tippie. Good luck.

Murdoch":3oz1rimc said:

It would have been worse if Milford was ranked above Richland Springs. The RS faithful would have plumb gone Aquilla mom on Granger if that had happened.

I don't see anything wrong with the rankings. Our guys didn't play good football Friday and deserved to fall. Not sure what it was but my Bulldogs showed a lack of urgency Friday. Still 3 more weeks in the regular season. And then it's win or go home. They know if they don't show up in the second round it's basketball time. They will be ready come thanksgiving weekend, trust me.

a) please don't go Aquilla Mom on me
b) I believe the RS faithful are just waiting in the wings and letting the kids play ball and probably like the attention elsewhere right now

When we didn't beat the spread I already knew we were falling in the rankings. Don't really care about the rankings at the moment. Just want our boys to tighten up on defense/special teams... And give whomever we play in the playoffs a run for their money. Point blank period.

No way that I can see Bynum winning against Covington. I'll take the Owls big - by 45. GO OWLS! Look out the next two years, as the Owls will be flying high! Peace Hootie

Hootie":1b6a4aui said:
No way that I can see Bynum winning against Covington. I'll take the Owls big - by 45. GO OWLS! Look out the next two years, as the Owls will be flying high! Peace Hootie
Not to crush any dreams, but you do realize Covington lost to Kopperl correct? Covington probably will beat Bynum in the battle for 4th place, but I highly doubt it will be by 45. I do hope Covington can get better like they've been saying they will for the past 5 years or so. It's no fun knowing who the playoff teams are going to be from this district before the season even starts. Blum also has a young team and it would be nice to see that rivalry revived with both teams fighting each other for playoff spots the next few years.

Dear cleverUsername1 (by the way - that's a very clever username) Yes, I do realize Covington lost to Kopperl as I was at the game. This as well as two other games this season, could have very easily went the other way. What you probably don't realize, is the majority of our Seniors are out for a variety of reasons including serious injuries. In fact, my son and I counted 12 serious injuries over the past few seasons to Seniors including him. Most of these have occurred during scrimmages before the regular season. Obviously, with several of them being ALL District selections the season before, this puts a damper on things... Having said this - Our Freshman and Sophomore class this season are gaining alot of experience. If they can stay healthy, the next two seasons should bring about significant changes. I feel like the Owls are on the verge of fielding a playoff team. Wishing you all a blessed and injury free week... Hootie

Back