fajitapete's rankings(ravings)

fajitapete

Six-man fan
For a lot longer than I care to think about I have been working on a ranking system aka ‘a toy’. It is based on last years power rankings that I tabulated and then influenced by enrollment, last years district standing, lettermen lost, returning, and starters returning. The last 4 items are taken out of DCTF so blame him if the rankings do go the way you want.

After a lot of regression testing and trying to quantify the influence on each of these areas, I think I have my system ready to run. It will get better as time goes on as I recessively apply corrections in a 4 week moving window so hopefully towards the end of the season I will have a good ranking system. I tested the system during last years play offs and only missed 5 games. So I am going public this year.

It’s not rocket science, but seems pretty damn close to it. Anyway, I haven’t done anything with the tapps or independents. I don’t have a clue how one can harness that much data, just doing div 1 and 2 is kicking my butt. I will try to bring those teams on line this year.

So here is the first run aka preseason rankings. If this can be kept up I’ll do it all year but if work gets in the way, well I do like the paycheck. I will try to predict upcoming game as well so we can all take big ol jabs when I miss.

Penelope 1
Abbott 2
Aquilla 3
Bynum 4

#1 Abbott - returns good kids, good coaches, and a proven system
#2 Penelope - Lost some good players but should have enough to squeek by Aquilla
#3 Aquilla - sorry Aquilla fans but your move ins just werent enough to replace the all-stud Tadlock and his QB and RB buddies!
#4 Bynum - well its bynum

1. Abbott
2. Aquilla/Penelope
3. Penelope/Aquilla
4. Bynum
All teams lost some key players, but Abbott has some speed coming up. Speed kills..........and the speed we have will give you chills.
That's my pick, stay tuned.

I see this division playing out a little like this and why:

Abbott-1 Great speed talented running back #2 proven that system works great coaches solid defense
Aquilla-2 Decent size and speed solid defense #10 great defensive coach and all around coaches lost alot of key players
Penelope-3 Great size lost alot of starters but have alot of juniors to step in
Bynum-4 Don't know much about this team

Josh Ball is the Head Coach and Assistant coach is Michael High. All 3 coaches from last year left. Players are working harder than they ever have.

same guy. he was at Iredell last year.

new attitude now puts in bynum in the driver's seat. puttin abbott, aquilla, and penelope on official notice

cant wait to see if they will be as good as the 06-07 season if not better....it would be nice to see them in the play off picture....and if its true about them being better than ever i would say they will be there by next year...it usually takes a year or two for player to adapt to new coaches....jsut a matter of time....glad they are getting to where they need to be

Back