fajitapete's rankings(ravings)

fajitapete

Six-man fan
For a lot longer than I care to think about I have been working on a ranking system aka ‘a toy’. It is based on last years power rankings that I tabulated and then influenced by enrollment, last years district standing, lettermen lost, returning, and starters returning. The last 4 items are taken out of DCTF so blame him if the rankings do go the way you want.

After a lot of regression testing and trying to quantify the influence on each of these areas, I think I have my system ready to run. It will get better as time goes on as I recessively apply corrections in a 4 week moving window so hopefully towards the end of the season I will have a good ranking system. I tested the system during last years play offs and only missed 5 games. So I am going public this year.

It’s not rocket science, but seems pretty damn close to it. Anyway, I haven’t done anything with the tapps or independents. I don’t have a clue how one can harness that much data, just doing div 1 and 2 is kicking my butt. I will try to bring those teams on line this year.

So here is the first run aka preseason rankings. If this can be kept up I’ll do it all year but if work gets in the way, well I do like the paycheck. I will try to predict upcoming game as well so we can all take big ol jabs when I miss.

Amherst 1
Whitharral 2
Cotton Center 3
Lazbuddie 4

I don't think so Amherst should have a joy ride in district. Fajitapete those were the best predictions ever lol. IDK why Witharral was picked so high in the rankings if they didnt gain any new players. To much speed for the panthers ....tell coach jackson he needs come visit some day. GO DAWGS

no excuses here. just speakin the plain truth. first bulldog victory over the panthers since the miles era i do believe. and to quote my old coach " the sun shines on a dogs butt every once in a while".

LOL nice quote but every school hast there ups and downs ....looks like the sun is gonna keep shining on ur butts while we will be kicken yalls lol

your Assuming im from whitharral. i was just stating the facts that their kids are healthy this year, unlike last year. i guess time will tell who will win the district crown. so now that you have put me in with them i guess i will root on the whitharral panthers. good luck young man.

sure is good to be able to get back one here. i was really impressed with the way the Bulldogs played this past week. but there were of course times when they should've done better. but nonetheless, the boys did an incredible job. i think fajitapete's ranking is about right. i haven't seen anything on Whitharral this season but i do know that they will most likely not be able to handle the speed in the backfield, along with the qb's arm. nor will they be able to predict what is gonna happen while the Dawgs tear em up on defense. with all the depth on the charts this year, there's no tellin just how good the Bulldogs are gonna do.wish they had more than one game close to Canyon. and as the chant goes:
"We work, We win!"

We all know that dist. 3 is not a particularly strong district. It probably was the weakest 6man district in the state last year, but this is a new year, and I would say that won’t be the case this year. I think that there is much more equability within the this district this season. My predictions:
1) Whitharral
2) Amherst but 1, 2, 3 are all real close
3) Lazbuddie
4) Cotton Center

There is a method to the madness.
First let’s look at the players:
Whitharral has one of the most athletically talented group of juniors in the region and 4 really solid seniors, and they have a great group of underclassmen waiting in the wings, so they can easily go 2 or 3 deep at every position.
Amherst has the largest roster, so they can go deep too, but the depth doesn’t include the quality that Whit has. Amherst arguably has the best athlete in the district, and he is a natural leader. However, he is an underclassman, and it remains to be seen whether or not the upperclassmen will follow him and have a great season. And they have some little guys that are fast for this district.
Lazbuddie only has a handful of players, so they have NO depth, but they are a very unified bunch that believes in each other with a passion. Something that the previous 2 teams seriously lack. They are also led by 4 really solid seniors.
Cotton Center players are having to learn a new system and they have lost several key players. However, don’t count them out. Last year’s surprise is still sending shock waves through the district.

Next, let’s look at the coaches:
Whitharral’s coach is the most experienced, and he is a former panther himself, so I’m sure there is a little more than pride in his coaching ability motivating him. He is a man of great character and integrity. And, he is also the only coach in the district that possesses a State Championship.
Amherst’s coach is as solid as they come. He is also, a man of great character and integrity. He may be the hardest working coach in the district. He certainly provides his team an outstanding role model. And he understands football well.
Lazbuddie’s coach is probably the most talented in the group and the youngest. He is the only one of the four to have played college football. His “air attack” will frustrate even the greatest of defensive coordinators, and his knowledge of offense gives him an unnatural insight when defending the opposing team.
Cotton Center’s coach is a huge step up for them when compared to what they have had in the last decade or two. This is not his first rodeo, and his knowledge and intellect should greatly improve the level of play of the elks.

With all that said, lets wait until late October and see what happens. After all, it’s been said on many occasions, “THAT’S WHY WE LINE’EM UP AND PLAY’EM ON FRIDAY NIGHT.”

Good luck to everybody! I hope all of the players (and coaches :) ) make it through the season without injuries.
And above all else, remember to give God the glory, and to also turn to Him when you are defeated.

i watched the whit/ wellman game and i was amazed by the lack of tackling skill possesed by the panthers. instead of wrapping up the runner they try to cut the feet out from under the runner. on another play one player produced a nice cut block but laid on the field even though the play had reversed the field and went back around him. do they not know they can make more than one block per play? i also heard the d coach yell DO NOT LET ANYONE BEHIND YOU only to watch the safety get sucked in and the ball fly over his head into the arms of a wildcat receiver, but this has been a problem for a couple of years. dont get me wrong they are several good things that could come out of this game if only the panthers will work to correct their mistakes. should make for a really wild district race...

When we talk about someone
being the best in the district
or the only one who... whatever,
and we're only talking about 3 other teams,
seriously,
is that really sayin' much?
Aren't we just funnin'?
Really?

Yah Really! This page is for District 3 Division 2, and it consists of only 4 teams. I figure anyone reading this page would know that. And, I think that Amherst probably does have the best athlete in the district, Even if there is only 4 teams, he is still possibly the best athlete in the district. And, JKH is the only one of the 4 head coaches to have played college football. Does any of that really matter? Probablly not. Not even if this were a 7 team district would it be very significant. If you have any intellegent questions, I'll do my best to answer those for you too.

BTW Phenom, don't sweat it about your panthers. One game doesn't make or break them. They may not be the most dedicated bunch you've had Whit., but they are gamers. They just need to learn to work hard ALL week, and not to give up when faced with a little adversity. Have faith in them and that Coach A. & Coach J. will get them turned in the right direction.

God Bless - FOR HIS IS THE POWER AND THE GLORY FOREVER!

Back