District

Harvest Christian Academy won tonight against Emery Wieiner, breaking the southern string of victories this weekend. Baytown went to the Rockwall game and were sitting in the stands at the "Watauga" game as you folks call us. I think the final score was 28-27. It was only one point for sure. Tough game played in cold weather with a misting rain on the ball and players. Hard fought contest but we got the W and we move on.

It was close. Emery came out of the gates fast. Their first drive took most of the first quarter. They then recovered on onside kick and scored again. They scored another TD to take a 19-0 lead before Harvest realized the game had started. Harvest finally scored 19-6 they scored once more before half to make it 19-12 at the half. Harvest took the opening second half kick to tie the ball game 19-19. Some back and forth combination of the cold and mist caused some turnovers throughout the game. #6 broke away for a long run for the go ahead TD. 28-19. After a turnover Emery turned a 4th down into a long TD run but could not convert the two point to tie. 28-27. Harvest was able to run out the clock. 28-27 hard fought win. Some game notes. Emery hurt themselves with 4 unsportsmanlike conduct penalties. Two on the same play. Harvest didn't get drawn into the the extracurricular activities and stayed focused. Harvest appeared to be the better team but they need to be ready to play at the opening kickoff the rest of the way through the bracket. This game was a David vs Goliath. Emery was much bigger in size and numbers. I like the Harvest kids they had a kid who dislocated his shoulder, he came to the sideline they popped it back in he jumped up crowd goes nuts and the kid only missed one play he went back into the game. OLD school football. Harvest made some mistakes but they never lost their minds very well coached team. I assume they are senior heavy lots of team play. Don't get me wrong they are talented group not sure they can hang with the remaining teams but I for one will be pulling for them the rest of the way. They are fun to watch some exciting players on both sides of the ball. Go Harvest Good luck

Only three seniors on the Harvest roster. They battled hard and they do have alot of heart. They were down 16-0 to Rockwall and then outscored them 61-28 the rest of the way. They never gave up on Midland either. Battled with them into the 4th quarter and put up over 50 in a losing battle.

Yesterday, I equate it to being punched in the nose and knocked out in the first round and then getting up and finishing the match. Lost fumbles on two onside kicks in the first half. In the second half, they had a fumble on the 5 while going in for a score and on the next series, they threw an interception inside the 10 while going in. Either would have put the game away but that did not happen. Battled to the end.

Great group of kids that like each other, and love to play, and never give up. Its a pleasure to be around them. Win or lose, they will give it all they got, and that is all you can ask. Good luck guys. Keep playing hard. We are proud of you.

Congratulations to Watauga on a tough fought victory. Good luck in the 2nd round. I myself will be pulling for them over ahc. I think Watauga had a pretty easy draw in this playoff bracket by playing last place district 3 team and paired this round against a sub 500 ahc squad. Seems like nobody had a whole lot to say on the district 3 teams and now Everyone will have their hands full with any team out of that district. I have to say I had no idea FBCA would walk over Rockwall they way they did and I had Rockwall winning that game by 20 plus...

I just want to say what a great group of people Watauga Harvest Christian Academy has. They showed great hospitality to our team and fans. We had to travel over 4.5 hours for the game and they ordered our entire team pizza so we could get on the road after the game. Also, before the game their announcer was very complimentary in his pregame announcements recognizing this was our first year playing in TAPPS and that we made the playoffs. I was also very impressed with their stadium. Home seating, scoreboard, and playing surface were all great. Looks like a great school located in a small suburban community in the DFW area.

The game itself was very hard fought by both teams. Watauga Harvest got down early, but battled back. The game literally could have went either way. The Harvest Christian Academy players were some of the nicest kids we played this season. I give them credit for finding a way to win.

Good luck against Austin Hill Country next week.

Coach Adams - Emery

Anyone have any thoughts on the logos vs Geneva game?
Logos seems to be a much different team than last time these 2 teams met and i don't think this will be a blowout like the spread is showing.

The most interesting factor regarding the forecast of this game is the weather forecast: 100% chance of rain/thunderstorms. Sometimes weather like this is an equalizer, but it is hard to predict since both teams have to play in the conditions. Logos may have a bit more size, but both teams have shown they can run the ball successfully. Typically wet conditions favor a team that can pound it over a skill team, but Cedar Creek is a turf field and can still favor a more diverse team like Geneva. Unless Geneva turns the ball over, expect them to breakaway in a big way in what may be a close game early.

I agree. I think it will be a close game early and logos will be well coached and prepared but I think whatever they throw at Geneva, they will sure have a way to shut it down! Should be a mess with the weather all over the state.

Back