District

Our district looks almost completely unpredictable at this point. Midland Trinity appears to be the favorite, and everybody else looks to be neck and neck and within striking distance of Trinity. I don't remember a time when district play in TAPPS was this evenly matched. Should make for some exciting 4-quarter games for a change.

It's going to be exciting this year. Midland and Boerne seem to be in the top spots, but looks as if a couple teams are following right behind. The old powerhouses haven't been having the years they are used to so it should be fun!

Sad to say for my guys but this is what I think of our district rankings:

1. Midland
2. Rockwall
3. Watauga
4. Ovilla
5. Covenant
6. ACHS

It is still pretty crazy to see my list and to think about the bottom two teams after the last couple of years. It will be fun this week going down to Abilene. It is always a great atmosphere and game when these two teams play.

It looks like it will be pretty close between Midland and Rockwall for the top spots but the others are far behind just trying to play for the #3 spot.

That look like a good list to me and I appologize earlier for saying Boerne was in our district. Can't wait to hear the score of the Covenant vs. ACHS game. Also, can't wait to see what teams make it to playoffs.

Yeah, it should be a good game. It will be different kind of game from the last couple of years between the two teams. I'm interested to see what ACHS looks like with a new coach. In years past it was the ground and pound vs the spread passing attack.

I'm glad we finally agree on my predictions RocketMan, haha. I believe everyone is in action this week and we will have a better understanding of the district by Saturday. This should be fun because I think the playoff spots will come down to the last week of the season and anything can happen.

Yeah I just heard about the coaching change and I'm sad that they might loose the Hawaiian shirts! Haha! But I'm also glad we had an agreement for once. It's going to be another great year and I can't wait to hear all the scores and see how the rest of the season plays out!

It was crazy! We had lightning delays and didn't get started until 9:30. We didn't get off the field until around midnight. I guess that's true Friday night football!!!

I think both teams were pretty even, ACHS just made more plays than we did and executed better. All in all, good, fun, and hard fought game. Always special when these two teams meet! It was sad not to see the Hawaiian shirts anymore, haha. It definitely was different from the other times we have played.

Any word on Midland vs Watauga? Rockwall took care of business I see.

Thanks! I haven't heard anything about the Midland vs. Watauga game, I think they might play tonight. But yeah I saw the score of the Rockwall game and it seemed as if they had an easy stroll.

Trinity beat Watauga 66-50. From what I gather the score was a little closer than what the game actually was. Watauga played a really good game, they are an explosive team with some really quick kids.

Going into tomorrow games, this is how I see the order after last weeks games and scores.

1. Rockwall
2. Midland
3. Watauga
4. Ovilla
5. Abilene
6. Covenant

That list looks accurate to me. Rockwall Heritage plays tonight against Harvest, so this will be a great test to see what they can do this year.

Any other great district games tonight?

Rockwall lost to Harvest 42-61. I cannot comment on whether or not the came was closer than it appears because I was not at the game. But from what I can tell looking at scores is that there is a little more parity now than in years past.

Rockwall Heritage went up 16-0, then had a couple of fumbles and some bad penalty calls that brought back 3 separate touchdowns that resulted in 4 and outs. Wutauga also is a great team and I now have respect for them this year. They have great speed and talent. Be warned, they are a passing team.

Midland will win district. And once again, just like the last 4 or 5 years in a row, the best two teams in D1 TAPPS will meet in the semi-finals instead of the finals. Midland and Boerne will meet in the semis, and that will essentially be the state championship game. It will be a very good game. I think it could go either way.

I have to disagree with you on that one. ACHS was down what like 40-0 in the first half of the semi-final game two years ago. The state championship was an 18 point game in the 4th quarter. And while the score of last year's semi was closer, ACHS was never in the game, never. They could have played 20 quarters and the DC defense would have scored more than the ACHS offense.

There are several good teams this year in D1 and no team has the firepower that DC had the last two years. I think it will be an exciting playoff run, just like it should be. Way more exciting than DC being 45 point favorites every round of the post season.

GSB":x27btoh3 said:
I have to disagree with you on that one. ACHS was down what like 40-0 in the first half of the semi-final game two years ago. The state championship was an 18 point game in the 4th quarter. And while the score of last year's semi was closer, ACHS was never in the game, never. They could have played 20 quarters and the DC defense would have scored more than the ACHS offense.

There are several good teams this year in D1 and no team has the firepower that DC had the last two years. I think it will be an exciting playoff run, just like it should be. Way more exciting than DC being 45 point favorites every round of the post season.

I agree with that and I wouldn't count teams like Baytown Christian, Wutaugu Harvest, and Rockwall Heritage out.

I guess that is the way this league goes you have two great teams and a few bad plays results in a score like that. I know for a fact that the coaches at HCA will not accept those penalties as a reason for the loss. I will be interested in seeing how HCA comes out next game. Also where both of these teams end up in the bracket would be a good rematch.

GSB":27osdhim said:

That's true. I forgot about 2012. The best two teams met in the finals that year, for sure. And the playoffs will be more competitive this year as well. But I still think you guys and Midland are easily the best two teams this year. Neither team would be within 45 points of last year's DC team, but thankfully that team graduated! LOL

Back