District

Heritage Christian is heading to Abilene on Friday, they should be able to get the win after a good road victory against Covenant...

No doubt Rockwall will be favored at Abilene but I wouldn't be so confident of a win in Abilene. Abilene is similar to DC better than their record indicates. Rockwall fans seem to really think a lot of their team. They act like they are unbeaten and better than the two teams they lost two I don't understand that thinking. Losing a close game by 6 or less is one thing but I think both losses were double digits.

I have yet to see Boerne play but the potential match up of Boerne and Midland should be a great game. Worth the price of admission. I'll be there.

Correction regarding AJ McCort former Harvest running back is playing at Southwestern U.

Most exciting player in District #1????

Dbsmithegg83":2gga47ia said:
Most exciting player in District #1????

I think I'd have to say #1 from Ovilla. He's a great runner with all kinds of moves. Kinda reminds me of Jaxon Shipley when he was at Brownwood. He uses every inch of the field.

With one week left in the regular season the playoff picture is sure a mess. All I can tell is that Baytown, Midland, and Boerne are in other than that who knows who is in and where they will play. Is there an easy way to figure it out?

I never saw Shipley in high school but to compare Ovilla #1 to him sure is high praise and maybe deserving. Seems to have an attitude though I saw him throw his helmet several times once he got to the sideline if things didn't go his way in 1 game. Wish coaches would have taken control of that. Kid can play.

When do they begin voting for all District and all state?

As an Ovilla fan, I can speak to #1 a bit. I don't think it's fair to say he has an attitude. He often removes his helmet and tosses it aside but I'm pretty sure if he does it in frustration, it's in frustration with himself. I have not seen him have an attitude on the field or with his teammates. I think it's all about perception, and something he needs to consider when he is on the sideline.

Now that we have played Midland, I still stand by #5 from Rockwall being the most memorable/exciting player we have faced this year. So many times I thought the play was over and he would miraculously escape or avoid a group of tacklers. Fun to watch. Still haven't seen Wautaga.

Fun discussion.

I stand corrected I apologize to #1 and the Ovilla fans. No doubt #1 is a talented kid. I will believe what Trizzd says he sounds like a knowledgeable fan and I'm sure he is right about the frustration that I observed. I don't think it was directed at anyone but himself. I never saw him act out towards his teammates or his coaches. Lets talk after this Fridays game. Sounds like it will be a good game and a good match up of two explosive kids. I plan on attending the game and will give you my opinion. Look forward to hearing yours as well.

Dbsmithegg83":g2j2hg5a said:
No doubt Rockwall will be favored at Abilene but I wouldn't be so confident of a win in Abilene. Abilene is similar to DC better than their record indicates. Rockwall fans seem to really think a lot of their team. They act like they are unbeaten and better than the two teams they lost two I don't understand that thinking. Losing a close game by 6 or less is one thing but I think both losses were double digits.
I would say that we are excited about our team because this is the first team since probably 2010 that has a chance once playoff time comes around. The past couple of years they have done "well" because they were able to be just good enough to make regionals. I am not saying that we are going to the state championship but there is a better chance of it this year since that 2010 year when Hca lost a truly close game to Bracken in the playoffs. As for our #5 playing at the next level I think he has the speed to play at a small school but he will need to put on some muscle ( like most of these players) if he really wants to compete.He is the perfect player for 6 man though.

Rockwall is a very good good team and Rockwall fans should be excited. They can make a deep run into the playoffs, but to make excuses for getting beat and continually think you are the better team than two other teams who both beat you by double digits seems to be a little unrealistic. Not saying that Rockwall couldn't beat both but the old saying to be the best you have you have to beat the best so until proven otherwise I think Midland is the better team.

#5 is a perfect example of a kid who I think should be given the chance to play at the next level. Hope he gets the chance.

This has been a great season so far! I have really enjoyed being apart of close games and not knowing who is going to win each week.

Ranking so far:

1. Midland
2. Watauga
3. Rockwall
4. ACHS
5. DC (I know, I know)
6. Ovilla

Most exciting player. We are playing Midland this week so this list is without them. I'm they will have a player close to the top.

1. Watauga - #6 (very quick and does a great job of knowing when to pass and run)
2. ACHS - #10 (power, great arm and he could be dangerous with some help)
3. Rockwall - #5 (power, great speed, can take over a game)
4. Ovilla - #1 (very quick and fast, also could be even more dangerous with some more help)
5. DC - #10 (smart player, fast and quick)

Good luck this week and safe travels.

Keep supporting your team (Rockwall) they are very good and exciting. My objective opinion is that Midland is the class of the district. I'm not sure anyone in the district has the talent to match. They are big and strong and have lots of bodies to rotate. I have no ties to Midland. I think that Rockwall and Harvest are close in talent. I realize Harvest beat Rockwall in Rockwall by 19. Any team can have an off night and I think Harvest caught them off guard and maybe Rockwall didn't take Harvest serious. District 1 should be very well represented in the playoffs. I could see two teams make it to the final 4.

Midland is in #1 seed I think Harvest is in #2 seed. Good luck to ACH vs. Rockwall game I think the winner is in. How in the world do you figure out who gets the unassigned slots in the bracket? I would hate to play Rockwall in the playoffs. Potential good round match up of Rockwall vs. Baytown if Rockwall gets the #3 seed. Baytown better not take them lightly. With the exception of Boerne how good is District 2. How good is District 3?

I saw the rock wall Midland game and they looked sound but made quite a few mistakes.... Looked good running the ball but Midland shut their sweeps down and tracked the line of scrimmage very well. Rockwall went spread and gave Midland a little trouble passing the ball.
Baytown has a solid record but haven't heard much out of the South at all. Is Baytown the clear favorite? They have a potential tough game against Logos this week at Logos that looks to be for the district.

No surprises in this week. The 3 best teams won. Midland dominated DC not even worth the road trip. They are ready for the playoffs teams better watch out they are very very good. I predict that they beat Boerne in the semi's. Rockwall made easy work of ACH. Just a better team with more play makers. Harvest had some trouble with Ovilla. Harvest finds ways to win but they appear to struggle in almost every game; times running out for them. They did contain Morales #1 for Ovilla which is the key to beating them. Not sure but # 6 for Harvest may have gotten hurt it doesn't appear that he played much if this is the case that will hurt them depending on the injury and how long he will be out. Don't under estimate them with or without #6. They have some speed and quickness but they are the thinnest team numbers wise in the play offs not much depth so health is key to their success. Now which game to go watch is the question?

Sorry DBsmith, the Ovilla game at Watauga was never close. By the way, Wautaga put 88 up on them. I was there. Could have 45'd them at the half but started to play back ups in the second quarter. We totally bottle up #1, but he is definitely a fine athlete with excellent speed. Don't watch the box scores, we actually try to play all our players in the game. No point in 45ing everyone. I am new to the board and yes, as my handle says, I am a Harvest Christian Dad. I have seen all the games, including the road trip to Midland. Will post more observations. By the way...Rockwall is very over rated.

Ok, in my last post I had the "hot sports opinion" that Rockwall was over rated. I was at the game Rockall vs. Watauga and it was really not that close. After Rockwall scored the first 16 points, Watauga was unphased and then put up 61 points to Rockwalls 28. So we spotted them 16 and then beat them 61-42. That is no fluke, that is a good performance.

I have been apart of watching these teams for many years. Al four teams from District one who made it deserve to be in the playoffs. Call me crazy or whatever you would like but I wouldn't be surprised if all four teams make a good run. Yes, even 2-8 Abilene.

Midland - they are very good. The team in there way to state is Boerne. I don't know if they have the speed to keep up with them but they are stronger and bigger. Boerne has always been a fast and finesse team. Midland is very good and has lots of depth.

Watauga - they have lots of team speed which is great for 6man. I also love how scrappy they are and never give up. Also #6 is a great player and will be hard to stop. I don't see them having trouble in the first round against Houston. I would t be surprised if they 45d them.

Rockwall - Nobody wants to play this team. They are strong and fast. If they can cut down on their mistakes and not hurt themselves who knows. #5 is a great football player. They should win easy in the 1st round. Once they get on a roll watch out.

Abilene - I know they don't have a great record but nobody really wants to play them. Sometimes they look pretty good and others not so good. I don't think they have been able to put it together. It may be the new coach, I not sure. They were always very discipline and tough on defense. Now defense may be their weakness.

Good luck to the four in the playoffs. I plan on traveling to watch a lot of the games this year. See you there!

Back