D 2 Rankings and Predictions

And that's the problem, if they decide the playoff system prior to the season then TAPPS cant help out the teams and coaches they want because of being on a board or personal friends with. Something needs to be done.

Regardless they all gotta play each other at some point in the playoffs. I guess the only thing it affects would be how far each team goes before facing competition

Now back to the thread....

Anyone have any mid season predictions on how these teams will finish?

SMHC- the new qb is said to be an athlete. Changed the teams dynamic. I have yet to see him play but they have been beating teams with ease since his arrival. No reason they can't repeat this year.

Waco live oak- deep in numbers and playing good football right now. This week will be a good test as they face Veritas.

Baytown- have been 45 point winners in every game this year. Only given up 24 points. Have not heard much chat about them or if anyone has seen them play. Only that they were low on numbers.

Seguin- have heard they are very quick. Spread backs are elusive. They have taken care of business and remain undefeated.

Thoughts fellas....?

TheQB, I see all of those teams mentioned doing well in the playoffs. Seguin is not undefeated they lost to Feast 72-56. I think the district between Cedar Park Summit, Seguin Lifegate, San Marcos Hill Country, and New Braunfels Christian which by the way New Braunfels is 6-0, but we will see how good they really are when they host San Marcos on October 14, is probably one of if not the toughest districts in the state for DIV 2. New Braunfels Christian could be the dark horse seeing how they have not played anyone, but they have 45d everyone this year with the exception of the first game of the year. It will be interesting to see how everything plays out.

I think SMHC takes that district. They were strong before they got the new sprwadback/qb. Now they have no serious threats besides maybe live oak. Only issue I had with San Marcos was the loss to Conroe covenant. They had 2-3 of their studs out that game so that explains both the loss and the serious jump in conroes power ranking. Conroe will be lucky to get 3rd in their district as baytown has been strong and lake Jackson playing the sleeper

I think SMHC takes that district. They were strong before they got the new spreadback/qb. Now they have no serious threats besides maybe live oak. Only issue I had with San Marcos was the loss to Conroe covenant. They had 2-3 of their studs out that game so that explains both the loss and the serious jump in conroes power ranking. Conroe will be lucky to get 3rd in their district as baytown has been strong and lake Jackson playing the sleeper

Well it is official, just got confirmation from my inside sources that TAPPS will have three Different State 6-man champions for those of you who do not understand bracketology. Division 1, Division 2, and Division 3. So it doesn't matter who wins District......LMAO! BOOOOOOOOOOOM

Prickly Bear

spot4":1np0g3jz said:
I'd bet Trump's or Hilliary's paycheck he doesn't try to find a district in the South to get into.

That would probably not be a smart idea! The south's looking solid in d2.
I did see San Marcos lost to Bastrop last night. That's a little interesting. Anyone see what happened there?

He needs to stick with basketball and track. If he can get TAPPS to put football where they only have one team in each district he can get a district champ trophy or he needs to pay the zebra's more! It should have been over at halftime.

Anyone see the San Marcos vs bastrop game?
Not discrediting bastrop but San Marcos if healthy should have had no problem beating the tribe

THEQB":277harz9 said:
Not discrediting bastrop but San Marcos if healthy should have had no problem beating the tribe

I attended the game you're questioning. SMHC played very tough and it was a dog fight until the very end. This game could have went either way but a SMHC turnover, missed PAT's and special teams was the difference in this one.

Tribe played Bracken week 1 with a score 14 - 14 at the half. Bracken executed on point in the second half and Tribe could not answer. Both Bracken and SMHC are very talented and well coached; sure to be a great matchup.

No need to defend Tribe, we are a Colossians 3:17 team and will never be offended by anyones opinion.

Best wishes to Coach George, Coach Stredic and all the TAPPS D2 schools!

coachbill":zush1ziy said:
THEQB":zush1ziy said:

I attended the game you're questioning. SMHC played very tough and it was a dog fight until the very end. This game could have went either way but a SMHC turnover, missed PAT's and special teams was the difference in this one.

Tribe played Bracken week 1 with a score 14 - 14 at the half. Bracken executed on point in the second half and Tribe could not answer. Both Bracken and SMHC are very talented and well coached; sure to be a great matchup.

No need to defend Tribe, we are a Colossians 3:17 team and will never be offended by anyones opinion.

Best wishes to Coach George, Coach Stredic and all the TAPPS D2 schools!

Did hill country have any injuries or people not playing?

Sam Cheat Cover 2":pj24howi said:
He needs to stick with basketball and track. If he can get TAPPS to put football where they only have one team in each district he can get a district champ trophy or he needs to pay the zebra's more! It should have been over at halftime.

Let's act like I don't know whom you speak of, cause I dont.

What game did you watch?

SMHC was in fact missing key players & has been fighting unusual amount of injuries etc.. all season. No excuses given, just adversity that everyone will face at one time or another & must learn to deal with when it happens. This same team faced adversity last year with the historic floods hitting the School, Coaches home, practice facility, and several players homes flooded out completly the day before playing Lifegate and had to step up and perform. This year has had many bumps in the road and these kids are having to learn to keep fighting through adversity. This is where good Coach's & School Leadership play such important part in developing young boys into men. Lot's of football left to be played and life lessons to be learned.

Back