Coach Grimes thread

A friend of mine who was a county prosecutor back in the 1980's told me once that if a law enforcement official at any level, all the way from a precinct constable to a federal marshal, wanted to arrest/indict you, the complete federal/state/local law code was so complex and poorly written such as they could arrest over 70% of the American population for some kind of violation. The charges might not stick for the long haul, but legal costs will bankrupt the normal middle class citizen as a DA with a bad case will keep delaying trial as long as possible. In the meantime, they will either threaten to or actually file even more serious charges against you if you don't cop a plea bargain. The pressure to take a plea bargain is intense and unrelenting, and most defense lawyers play along with it.

The whole criminal code from top to bottom needs to be thrown out and re-written to get the trial lawyer's association influence out of it. The game is rigged to allow them to wring the maximum amount of money from it.

Good Point!!

I'm gonna say something completely untrue and ridiculous
but for the sake of jocularity,
jus pretend I'm JAFO.

"I heard Bradley and Grimes were in it together and they both need hanged".

It's just hard for me to be sympathetic towards someone arrested on federal charges with drugs involved. Working around these drug dealers , users, rapists , murderers, child molesters , sex offenders for 22 years will make you think this way. Makes me think they must have done something wrong to be in the position they are in. Glad to be retired away from them . One thing I learned from working around them , don't get weak about the criminals. I'm curious, how many people here have concealed hand gun permit ? Cause as you can probably guess, I would shoot first, ask questions later kind of person if I ever was threatened or needed to protect myself from one of these people.

JAFO":1d00sji7 said:
It's just hard for me to be sympathetic towards someone arrested on federal charges with drugs involved. Working around these drug dealers , users, rapists , murderers, child molesters , sex offenders for 22 years will make you think this way. Makes me think they must have done something wrong to be in the position they are in. Glad to be retired away from them . One thing I learned from working around them , don't get weak about the criminals. I'm curious, how many people here have concealed hand gun permit ? Cause as you can probably guess, I would shoot first, ask questions later kind of person if I ever was threatened or needed to protect myself from one of these people.

We have a criminal justice system in this country where, for some stupid reason, people are assumed innocent until proven guilty.

I could give a rat's a$$ where you've worked or what you've seen. It does not give you any special insight into determining guilt or innocence.

It does, however, seem to give you a front row seat at the Pathetic Miserable Complainers Convention.

rainjacktx":2jj9navw said:
JAFO":2jj9navw said:

We have a criminal justice system in this country where, for some stupid reason, people are assumed innocent until proven guilty.

I could give a rat's a$$ where you've worked or what you've seen. It does not give you any special insight into determining guilt or innocence.

It does, however, seem to give you a front row seat at the Pathetic Miserable Complainers Convention.

Geeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzz JAX, easy on the truth there guy….

JAFO":2j3g6rj7 said:
I'm curious, how many people here have concealed hand gun permit ? Cause as you can probably guess, I would shoot first, ask questions later kind of person if I ever was threatened or needed to protect myself from one of these people.

You had better pray to God you never have to use that shooter, Skippy. I promise you this will come up in the inquiry and, after the grand jury sees it, homicide trial. It'll be lots of fun explaining how you'd "shoot first and ask questions later" to a prosecutor in front of a jury.

oldfat&bald":3bywjpyn said:
JAFO":3bywjpyn said:
I'm curious, how many people here have concealed hand gun permit ? Cause as you can probably guess, I would shoot first, ask questions later kind of person if I ever was threatened or needed to protect myself from one of these people.

You had better pray to God you never have to use that shooter, Skippy. I promise you this will come up in the inquiry and, after the grand jury sees it, homicide trial. It'll be lots of fun explaining how you'd "shoot first and ask questions later" to a prosecutor in front of a jury.

you know usually people who stick their chest and chin out there end up getting up off their backside. then end up dining on what would you say hmmmm maybe some crow at best.

Wow , grimes sure has a lot of supporters on this website. He sure is lucky to have people like you to support him. What about the brother? What about the other eleven? Don't forget about them.

JAFO":q1c4z9ij said:
Wow , grimes sure has a lot of supporters on this website. He sure is lucky to have people like you to support him. What about the brother? What about the other eleven? Don't forget about them.

I don't know Coach Grimes. But - what about the other 11 guys? What about them? Do you know them? Or do you just know their "type" because of your extensive experience?

I believe in the constitution and the rule of law, not some bitter little gossip monger's opinion.

JAFO":rgf2vbii said:

First of all that would be Grimes. Another pitiful rambling aimed at justification for yet another attempt to elevate yourself to judge and jury - but now you want to be judge and jury to all of them.

I don't believe that everyone is a Grimes supporter but I do believe most everyone is in favor of due process and not a message board vigilante.

JAFO if you need a cause why don't you see if you could rid the world of Spungebob SquarePants, that would be worthy of YOUR efforts.

justobserving":2fw42ehk said:

JAFO if you need a cause why don't you see if you could rid the world of Spungebob SquarePants, that would be worthy of YOUR efforts.

Whoaa! Just a minute there, JO. You can have my spongebob when you pry him from my cold, dead fingers.

JAFO":3gfupevi said:

jack a$$_______ off ….. i don’t know grimes, don’t much care about him personally he will get his day in court ... you however are a hateful old observer that will someday receive your up and comings... you have been challenged in the past to reveal your identity but you hide behind your acronym ' just another ________ observer’ and you are from the lubbock area with ties to water valley …. I’m sure the fine citizen’s cringed with the thought of you being associated with their fine communities,, but I mean them no disrespect …

oh good luck when you meet the final judge and jury
may he be a bit more understanding

Joe's post needs a like button.
JAFO, pull your head out and maybe you'll see how ignorant you are. If you want to talk crap, wait until someone has been convicted. Stop hiding behind an Internet persona.

rainjacktx":3639w910 said:
justobserving":3639w910 said:

Whoaa! Just a minute there, JO. You can have my spongebob when you pry him from my cold, dead fingers.
Amen to savin' Spongebob.
What in tarnation did he do
to get thrown under the bus?
Focus on JAFO.

Dogface":vspniscv said:
rainjacktx":vspniscv said:
justobserving":vspniscv said:

Amen to savin' Spongebob.
What in tarnation did he do
to get thrown under the bus?
Focus on JAFO.
Sorry guys !! I haven't had TV service for going on 25 years. Long Story. See old Spungy when visiting someone, in a hotel room or the hospital. Just the few snippits I have seen didn't float my boat. Just pulled Mr. Sbob out of thin air and targeted him. I do apologize if I have offended anyone and their cartoon hero.

Guess this may put me into JAFO's realm. Least I didn't say hang him.

justobserving":3e5q4ngy said:
JAFO if you need a cause why don't you see if you could rid the world of Spungebob SquarePants, that would be worthy of YOUR efforts.[/color][/size]

I have an 8 year old that would hunt you down and torture you if he accomplished that, JO.

I'd give you $100 if he did and do my best to lay it all off on JAFO.

Back