Coach Grimes thread

Crazy............known him a long time. Always had the utmost respect for him, his kids, and his program. I hope this proves to be a misunderstanding.

Serious charges, and having dealt with Coach Grimes (several years ago) and been extremely well treated when we rented their field for a playoff game a few years back (the opponent, however, didn't treat us well), I pray these charges aren't true but they certainly are very, very serious.

According to a report in the Dallas Morning News, no bond has been set or an attorney listed on record for Coach Grimes.

Will post a link from the B/CS Eagle. Let's try to keep our comments civil and serious -- obviously, this is a pretty serious matter. Certainly, if there is any truth to it, I would expect in a similiar situation anyone's coaching and teaching career would be immediately concluded. And that doesn't seem like the most pressing of Coach Grimes' problems today.

http://www.theeagle.com/article/2012081 ... /1003/BC01

Coach whose Texas team
won title charged
CALVERT — The head coach of
a Central Texas high school football
team that won the state six-man
football title in 2002 has been arrested
on federal drug charges.
The Texas Department of Public
Safety says its drug agents arrested
Calvert High School athletic director
and head football coach Coylin
Grimes on Friday morning.
DPS Trooper Jimmy Morgan tells
The Eagle of Bryan-College Station
that Grimes is charged with conspiracy
to deliver cocaine and being
an accessory to criminal activity. No
bond has been set and no attorney
has been listed for Grimes.
Calvert schools Superintendent
Maxie Morgan says he wants more
information before a decision is
made on Grimes’ employment. A
telephone number listed for Grimes
was disconnected.
— Associated Press

I am as stunned as anyone.... and very saddened. I have always enjoyed my time with Coach Grimes and also hope this is a misunderstanding.

On a different note, this can severely effect the D 16 race. Milford and and Trinidad are no slouches and would compete anyway for the playoffs. I would have to say that with the experience coming back for those two squads, Calvert may drop to third. There is a lot of time before then. The wheels can come off and get back on since they don't face either team until November 2 at the earliest.

I have worked with Coach Grimes in the past and know him well. The community of Calvert has lots of problems, Coach Grimes wasnt one of the problems, he was a positive influence on the students and community. I never saw or heard of him doing anything questionable, ever. I heard many rumors around town of things happening when I was there "2010-2011" and his name never came up. He is one of the finest persons that I have ever known. They got this wrong, pray for him and his family.
His number 2 man "Marcus Wotham" as head BB coach took the Trojans to the state Basketball Championship last year and won. He has been Coach Grimes assistant for sometime. Coach Wortham will have them ready to go. The team is in fine hands, so I wouldnt think that Calvert will miss a step. They lost a couple of good players to Grad. but they are likely to be even faster this year in total team speed.
Please remember to pray that this gets resolved.

You just never know , do you. You know why people do this, they are not scared they will be executed for a crime like this. I hope they hang em high.

JAFO":1bdcfko9 said:
You just never know , do you. You know why people do this, they are not scared they will be executed for a crime like this. I hope they hang em high.

There is a charge and there is an arrest. That is all anyone outside the investigation knows. Every man is innocent until proven guilty.

I have no dog in this hunt. I do not personally know Coach Grimes.

I would hope we would not have any posts condemning him or his "alleged" actions until the facts are known and a legal end has come to this tragic story.

This is definitely the best course for Coach Grimes, the Calvert Schools, the Trojan athletes and student body.

why does the media try to attach someone to an organization when the organization had nothing to do with the crime. it is to use us as readers. it does not add to the report of the crime or the conduct, the media is only about sales of adds and reader numbers. try not to be caught up in the game they play,,, cut the strings tell the world you will no longer be their puppet. not guilty or not it is just a way to sale adds on the back of us the reader. rise above the manipulation prove you are more than pawns moved on a chess board.
thanks for taking the time to read my thoughts
and good luck

Last time I was called in for jury duty selection
a lawyer asked everyone
How many of you would vote not guilty right now?
I was the only one who raised my hand.
Thank God we're ALL innocent untill PROVEN guilty!
(both lawyers made a note when I did that and I was eventually excluded)

kbjoe1":136klfnq said:
why does the media try to attach someone to an organization when the organization had nothing to do with the crime. it is to use us as readers. it does not add to the report of the crime or the conduct, the media is only about sales of adds and reader numbers. try not to be caught up in the game they play,,, cut the strings tell the world you will no longer be their puppet. not guilty or not it is just a way to sale adds on the back of us the reader. rise above the manipulation prove you are more than pawns moved on a chess board.
thanks for taking the time to read my thoughts
and good luck

Not sure what you mean in this case. I was speaking of Calvert's chances now that their head coach will more than likely not be on the sidelines. As someone who has witnessed the evolution of this team over the past 15 or so years they have played six-man, it was obviously this coach has been the glue holding that team together at times.

If you were referring to the AP writer trying to get a quote from the school, i believe that could be excused as the accused person is prominently known as a state championship winning coach from that school.

JAFO":3e4ajx5t said:

Your comments are very wrong and hurtful to the people that really know Coach. I know this man personally and never in my life have seen him disrepect or belittle anyone. So JAFO if you dont have anything good to say then keep it shut for now til you know the truth. "I hope they hang em high" sounds to be a lil racist in this situation.

I met coach Grimes in 2009, and he was one of the coolest coaches that I have ever met. My prayers are with this community!!

Coach Johnson

bud-4-u":2j9er35v said:
JAFO":2j9er35v said:

Your comments are very wrong and hurtful to the people that really know Coach. I know this man personally and never in my life have seen him disrepect or belittle anyone. So JAFO if you dont have anything good to say then keep it shut for now til you know the truth. "I hope they hang em high" sounds to be a lil racist in this situation.

This kind of commenting and retorts are just what I was hoping everyone could rise above and avoid. ALAS !!

Either way I hope the truth is found. If he's found guilty legally, i too hope he gets the book. If it's proven innocent, I hope this doesn't ruin his name and reputation at the school.

loveofgame":yp1cz2js said:
Either way I hope the truth is found. If he's found guilty legally, i too hope he gets the book. If it's proven innocent, I hope this doesn't ruin his name and reputation at the school.

Even if he's found innocent, his reputation and bank account are forever ruined.

Old Bearkat":i2jz6ijp said:
loveofgame":i2jz6ijp said:

Even if he's found innocent, his reputation and bank account are forever ruined.

No matter the outcome, FaceBook - Twitter and all the other internet social media crap busy body sites will see to it that it is ...

Someone once told me in various criminal defense cases, you can more-or-less take the amount of bail and multiply it by 10 to come up with what your legal defense will cost.

So, guilty or not, this will not be an inexpensive undertaking. And yes, the state will provide indigent defendants free council, but you'd better plan on becoming (legally) indigent first.

Back