Coach Grimes thread

bud-4-u":2olzxmes said:
JAFO":2olzxmes said:
You just never know , do you. You know why people do this, they are not scared they will be executed for a crime like this. I hope they hang em high.

Your comments are very wrong and hurtful to the people that really know Coach. I know this man personally and never in my life have seen him disrepect or belittle anyone. So JAFO if you dont have anything good to say then keep it shut for now til you know the truth. "I hope they hang em high" sounds to be a lil racist in this situation.

AMAZING! Race card already. Not the Drug card. Not the They obviously have SOMETHING or he wouldn't have been arrested after a YEAR OR BETTER investigation card. It's the Race card.
True enough, the man IS innocent until proven guilty.
That being said, this is a site where people regularly berate one another over presumed picks... And you expect a civil discourse on this subject? I expect NOTHING LESS than the lively debate that we ALL participate in ALL the time on this site.
But I'm sorry, neither lively debate nor poor choice if words/text constitute racism anymore than Coach Grimes' arrest constitutes guilt.

dear everyone,

the race card has not been thrown out any where but about a comment that was made toward Coach Grimes in which said quote and im quoting "I hope they hang em high". sorry for the miscommunication.

Oh by the way i am as white as a cracker some just dont read the comment that was quoted.

twodollarbill":kgomy6hw said:
bud-4-u":kgomy6hw said:
JAFO":kgomy6hw said:
You just never know , do you. You know why people do this, they are not scared they will be executed for a crime like this. I hope they hang em high.

Your comments are very wrong and hurtful to the people that really know Coach. I know this man personally and never in my life have seen him disrepect or belittle anyone. So JAFO if you dont have anything good to say then keep it shut for now til you know the truth. "I hope they hang em high" sounds to be a lil racist in this situation.

AMAZING! Race card already. Not the Drug card. Not the They obviously have SOMETHING or he wouldn't have been arrested after a YEAR OR BETTER investigation card. It's the Race card.
That being said, this is a site where people regularly berate one another over presumed picks... And you expect a civil discourse on this subject? I expect NOTHING LESS than the lively debate that we ALL participate in ALL the time on this site.
But I'm sorry, neither lively debate nor poor choice if words/text constitute racism anymore than Coach Grimes' arrest constitutes guilt.

Hard to dispute your own quote. "I hope they hang em high" sounds to be a lil racist in this situation."
Just the sheer mention of race (& try as you may to dispute it, you were the FIRST to bring it up) is nothing more than throwing the Race Card or at the very least Race Baiting. Neither of which has any place in this forum.
And just to be clear, he was not arrested/charged with being DISRESPECTFUL or BELITTLING anyone. He is however up on FEDERAL drug charges. That my friend DOES INDEED warrant discussion here, as his actions on/off the field COULD affect the quality of the game for the kids of Calvert AND those kids on the opposing teams (of which many of us do have a legitimate interest...)
Good day Sir.
bud-4-u":3pq3qsti said:
dear everyone,
C
the race card has not been thrown out any where but about a comment that was made toward Coach Grimes in which said quote and im quoting "I hope they hang em high". sorry for the miscommunication.

Oh by the way i am as white as a cracker some just dont read the comment that was quoted.

twodollarbill":3pq3qsti said:
bud-4-u":3pq3qsti said:
JAFO":3pq3qsti said:

Actually when I read "Hang 'em High" I had visions of Clint Eastwood. I guess it depends on your state of mind and attitudes what you can inject into or draw out of any statement.

As has been originally stated any conjecture on or consideration of this subject at this point is a moot discussion. Until everyone has the facts it is just an exercise in futility.

Tread softly ....

justobserving":18tvglsn said:
twodollarbill":18tvglsn said:
An exercise in futility??

On this web site???

Surely you jest...
In my 11 years on this board I have seen SEVERAL of these.

In the three years I've been on this board, I've contributed a little smart a$$edness to a few of those exercises of futility. Never on something as serious as this. I think it would best best if everyone put away their racial victimhood and/or moral superiority complexes and let the legal system play out. A whole lot more of minding our own business is in order. We need to let the folks that know the facts get justice get done. They're much better able to do so than us yahoos on a computer message board.

JAFO":2077xeo4 said:

I read this and my first thought was, he is on a drug charge, not stealing a horse.

Having said that the thought of anyone's race never crossed my mind until it was brought up. I have no idea what race any of you are and I don't really care, it doesn't matter.

We do need to be in prayer for Coach Grimes and his family if he has one. We also need to be in prayer for his students and players that this whole thing will not have a negative effect on them. If Coach is found innocent he will be forgiven by them and if guilty the Lord uses it as a lesson for those students/players.

Innocent or guilty Coach Grimes is still a brother of ours in the 6-Man world, and the verdict will not change what he has accomplished in the 6-Man world.

Our prayers go out to you Coach from Mingus, Gordon and Strawn.

Andy

CRSARM":2kspcqke said:
Having said that the thought of anyone's race never crossed my mind until it was brought up. I have no idea what race any of you are and I don't really care, it doesn't matter.
Word!
Seems like I've heard something like that before.
Half the fun is the not knowing.
Oh wait
that was me.

Actually,
if anyone thinks Calvert is gonna be a cakewalk game
just because of this drama,
you betta think again!
They still gonna bring it hard
no matta who's drivin the bus!!

Dogface":mdss21ab said:
Actually,
if anyone thinks Calvert is gonna be a cakewalk game
just because of this drama,
you betta think again!
They still gonna bring it hard
no matta who's drivin the bus!!

Forgetting the guilt/innocence issue here, the ol' mutt has a point here.

I doubt the new Calvert coach (which may be the current assistant) is gonna give one of those "Win one for the Gipper" talks about this, but I sure think he's gonna find a way to motivate his team with some sort of "all those folks think we're drug running bums -- let's show them ..."

Honestly, I wouldn't want to be their first opponent on the schedule. It sure is easy to take out a lot of frustration on the guys wearing the other color jerseys.

It will come out in the end. I still to this day know this man i not guilty as he is charged and do pray he gets out of this. THe family has requested prayers. I was at the school on thursday day before he was arrested and so i guess im guilty by association. I was raised in a community that was also not so pleasant and seen lots of bad in my life. I can tell yall this this man is far from what they have made him out to be. If you have never met him im sorry. He is a great person that has done great things in his community.

bud-4-u":35q6pnnw said:
It will come out in the end. I still to this day know this man i not guilty as he is charged and do pray he gets out of this. THe family has requested prayers. I was at the school on thursday day before he was arrested and so i guess im guilty by association. I was raised in a community that was also not so pleasant and seen lots of bad in my life. I can tell yall this this man is far from what they have made him out to be. If you have never met him im sorry. He is a great person that has done great things in his community.

Well said Bud-4-U

From the Brazos sports article:

On Monday, Calvert science teacher Michael Cotton was named interim head football coach. Cotton previously coached in the Dallas ISD.

lifegatesports":y88v9g6c said:
From the Brazos sports article:

On Monday, Calvert science teacher Michael Cotton was named interim head football coach. Cotton previously coached in the Dallas ISD.

So no public action has been taken on the employment status of Coach Grimes ??

Hang em high. You people need to realize he has been accused of a crime with drugs. If you want to support him , help pay his legal bill and living expenses. I have no sympathy for a person who does this.

Back