Coach Grimes thread

I'm not from Calvert, but I do know Coach Grimes, and I was in attendance on the 3rd, along with several hundred others. There were Lawyers, Bankers, County Commissioners, Doctors, Chief of Police, Coaches, Teachers, along with Family and Friends. The trial began with Coach Grimes addressing the Judge. He stated that if he had 1,000 tongues, he still could not apologize enough, it was followed by another apology to the courts, his family, friends, City of Calvert, Calvert I.S.D. and the entire Six Man Community for the decision he made on Feb. 2nd. Here in Robertson County, COACH GRIMES HAS 110% SUPPORT. Let me state the facts as they were told to the crowd by Coach Grimes lawyer. Coach Grimes brother Taurean, was renting a house from him, and was employed at Bryan Steel, working 7 days a week, 12 hours a day. Coach Grimes in attempt to keep his brother employed and clear of drug use and drug sales, actually helped his brother with employment. The brother didn't have a license, so Coach Grimes with the help of family and friends saw to it that the brother got to and from work. The paper, the news, etc. stated that their was an eleven month investigation. The truth is that the DPS issued an arrest warrant for one member of Coach Grimes family. It was Coach Grimes who told DPS officers, they had the wrong guy. Coach Grimes actually told the DPS that the guy they are looking for had to be his brother, not his cousin. The warrant was dropped on his cousin, and six months later, a warrant was issued for his brother. Coach Grimes brother was arrested on January 27, 2012. This is where Coach Grimes arrest comes into play. Coach Grimes brother Taurean, calls a friend and tells him to tell his brother, that his uncle and friend will be coming by to remove his personal belongings from the house. On Feb.4th, Coach Grimes goes over and unlocks the door, remember this is at 4pm broad daylight. The uncle and friend remove clothes, tv's, etc. This is why he was arrested. The friend removed a bag containing cocaine. There was a big arguement between the guy and Coach Grimes. The pair were arrested and they told authorities that Coach Grimes had no idea in the beginning that they were there for drugs, but he knew they walked out of the house with drugs. Coach Grimes in his statement told the authorities, that he opened the door, and realized they had drugs. Coach Grimes failed to call the police, and I don't know of many that would, given the same set of circumstances. Coach Grimes in my opinion is an HONEST INDIVIDUAL, who did what 90% of us would have done. I'm 85% certain that I would NOT have called the police on my brother as well. I know this has been a very painful experience for Coach, from losing his job, to having his name slandered, not to mention having to deal with all the bad talk and comments being said. He was given 3 years unsupervised probation, with the opportunity to discharge probation in a year if he takes care of the fined imposed of $1,100.00. This was a very bad deal for Coach Grimes, who didn't deserve this. Wish you all the best Coach, God Bless You.

slan·der (slndr)
n.
1. Law Oral communication of false statements injurious to a person's reputation.
2. A false and malicious statement or report about someone.

Charging a guy with a felony with that set of facts should be a crime. Yes, he should have called the cops as soon as he realized there was dope present, but, that is awful tough.

And before all the "law and order" guys jump me for saying that, I think they ought to hang his brother and his brother's buddy. Before it's all said and done, the most "innocent" person in the case is the one that will pay the highest price.

oldfat&bald":26i2lpaj said:
Charging a guy with a felony with that set of facts should be a crime. Yes, he should have called the cops as soon as he realized there was dope present, but, that is awful tough.

And before all the "law and order" guys jump me for saying that, I think they ought to hang his brother and his brother's buddy. Before it's all said and done, the most "innocent" person in the case is the one that will pay the highest price.
if he pays 1100.00 he has 1 year probation thats not much of a price. i guess the others got nothin

Here is the part I can't grasp.

So, on th 27th his brother was picked up on a warrant as part of an investigation (clearly dating several months back). The strange thing is between the 27th and the 4th no civil or federal investigator searched the house. That 8 days of donuts i suppose.

kbjoe1":e3p0no8v said:
oldfat&bald":e3p0no8v said:

if he pays 1100.00 he has 1 year probation thats not much of a price. i guess the others got nothin

He's a convicted felon. He's lost his career. No, he ain't paid much of a price.

If his brother and the other idiot don't get at least 25 years for distributing the crap, I can assure you they haven't paid the price this coach has.

Yes, it's true. Coach is paying a high price now, BUT in the long run, the others will have to answer to the REAL JUDGE. Yes, the house was searched after his brother was arrested on the 27th. Nothing was found. As for the other 2, they are scheduled to be released in April.

oldfat&bald":3tdb8s0q said:
kbjoe1":3tdb8s0q said:
oldfat&bald":3tdb8s0q said:

He's a convicted felon. He's lost his career. No, he ain't paid much of a price.

If his brother and the other idiot don't get at least 25 years for distributing the crap, I can assure you they haven't paid the price this coach has.

i agree the other two need tohave it handed to them

The guidelines ranged from 1 to 5 years probation. The lawyer stated that he could resume his coaching career according to TEA. Failure to report a crime is what he was guilty of. Coach Grimes realized how this may impact his coaching career. Before this unfortunate situation this young man had only one speeding ticket in his life. Sometimes bad things happen to good people. I can tell you that hes moved on. He spoke in great detail alone with his daughter, whos a Biology major at Sam Houston State University. Spoke at a local reach out program. Very Emotional, Very Emotional Indeed.

This is the problem with an unwinnable war against an enemy created by the very folks declaring war. Otherwise innocent people are now labeled as criminals because of power hungry prosecutors looking for a cheap headline to garner votes. The low hanging fruit looks just as good on camera as the good stuff, and you don't have to do all that much work to get it to fall off the tree.

We now live in a police-state. Oh, sure - it's easy to say that drugs are bad and we need to do something about it. But fast forward 30 - 40 years. Now the ATF will be front and center in your doctor's office. The Dept. Of Education has it's own SWAT units, guitar makers are being raided, and high school football coaches who didn't call the cops are now considered criminals.

It's a slippery slope - and we're wearing banana peels on our collective feet.

My sympathies go out to Coach Grimes doing what he thought was right. I'd do exactly the same thing. I guess I am a criminal at heart, too.

rainjacktx":12l7zlun said:
This is the problem with an unwinnable war against an enemy created by the very folks declaring war. Otherwise innocent people are now labeled as criminals because of power hungry prosecutors looking for a cheap headline to garner votes. The low hanging fruit looks just as good on camera as the good stuff, and you don't have to do all that much work to get it to fall off the tree.

We now live in a police-state. Oh, sure - it's easy to say that drugs are bad and we need to do something about it. But fast forward 30 - 40 years. Now the ATF will be front and center in your doctor's office. The Dept. Of Education has it's own SWAT units, guitar makers are being raided, and high school football coaches who didn't call the cops are now considered criminals.

It's a slippery slope - and we're wearing banana peels on our collective feet.

My sympathies go out to Coach Grimes doing what he thought was right. I'd do exactly the same thing. I guess I am a criminal at heart, too.

Halleujah, brother. Why do I think that some day, historians will probably write that somewhere around 2012, the American people turned the corner and it wasn't for the better. (PS -- Welcome to The Resistance; I'm still working on the secret handshake.)

If the story is what was described above, I'm not sure I would not have done the same thing Coach Grimes did ... in fact, I'd think that the bums did the right thing getting the drugs off of my property. Sounds like some young enterprising prosecuting attorney got him a nice scalp for his wall out of the deal.

I hope Coach Grimes is able to resume his teaching career at some time in the future ... and yes, this isn't a slap on the wrist ... a loss of a job, reputation, and those in the know tell me that decent legal representation for stuff like this isn't cheap either ... for the man I've met and heard about from many others still seems to be the man I thought he was in the first place.

one question did the coach know there were drugs there? did he facilitate having them moved if he knew they were there?
if he just unlocked the door to allow somebody to get their personal stuff out and didnt know it was drugs then in my oppinion he did nothing wrong.
if he knew they were there and he was helping get them out by unlocking the door or carry them out that is another factor.

One thing I can say, and I will stress over & over again is that Coach Grimes is a very respectful & honest man. Had he known there were drugs in HIS rent house, he would NOT be in this position, I know Coach loves his family, but you honestly think Coach would have jeopardized his career for something like this, HECK NO!! Coach Grimes only opened the door to HIS rent house that his brother was living in. The house had already been searched by the Police on the 27th, the day his brother was arrested, and found nothing. The whole deal was that this was just a set up by his brother. Coach's brother made 2 phone calls from jail, one to his uncle & the other to his friend. He had his friend to get in touch with Coach to tell him that his brother said to let his friend get his personal belongings out of Coach's house. The brother knew he had drugs in the house, and wanted them out before Coach found them. That is why Coach had an arguement with the friend. Coach did NOT know there were drugs in the house, but knew the friend had taken some out. This is why the charges stated that Coach did not assist in the crime, he knew a crime was committed and failed to report it.

All I can say is that Coach Grimes is a darn good Coach. That was his dream, & now that dream has become a nightmare. Coach Grimes is not coaching right now, & has no plans of going back to Calvert ISD.

MLP1108":36q2elgb said:
All I can say is that Coach Grimes is a darn good Coach. That was his dream, & now that dream has become a nightmare. Coach Grimes is not coaching right now, & has no plans of going back to Calvert ISD.
you seem to know alot about the case was there a plee bargain?

MLP1108":16kjbcrb said:

Pass along the word to Coach Grimes that he continues to be in my prayers ... and probably more than a few others of us who occasionally participate in that activity, probably much less than we should by the way ... and that the Lord opens doors for him when he is ready to again walk through those doors.

All my information comes from what Coach's attorney told the family & friends after the court hearing on Jan. 3. The
Federal Governments form of a plea bargain states that the person admits their guilty of the crime they were charged with. This is called an acceptance of responsibility. In turn the person gets a 2 to 3 point deduction. Coach Grimes charges were dropped, but they charged him with Failure to Report a Crime.. In my opinion, Coach did nothing wrong. I can tell you this from talking to Coach Grimes and his family. The thing that hurts the most involves his brothers actions.

Back