Big Announcement Coming soon for state championship games

The games will not be aired live on TV. It appears that due to several conflicts, including the fact that Fox cannot get into the TV booth that day will not allow it. This is due to the Cowboys-Packers game the next day and the prep that needs to be done. It would make the production too much to be in one of the other rooms and have to have a truck there all day.

That's the bad news.

The good news is that they will do a live Internet broadcast. Fox will be imploring the technology they use when they produce soccer and the announcers cannot be in the stadium. This actually happens quite often now. ESPN did it with the World Cup. Many events, like the Super Bowl and Olympics do this. They create an international broadcast center, give them live feeds and go. They put the announcing team in the studio, with several big screens.

The broadcast will be available to more people via the Internet.

They have also selected a top flight announcing crew for the games, led by Craig Way, who has been doing state championship games for over 20 years and is the radio voice at Texas. I am almost certain he has been doing the 4A and 5A games as long as they have been aired.

Granger is trying to build suppense for the Championships, and you yahoo's turn it into a back flippin' cat cuttin'.
The shame, zap ' em all Granger, 'ceptin' me.............

granger":2o0hbgi6 said:
I won't be at Jerry World next week

Sorry to read this. Last year at Shotwell was the last time I saw Don, and in turn you. Although I didn't expect free access to the press box this year.
Must be an important reason to keep you away. Hope all is well. Ron.

I won't be at Jerry World because I will be in the Fox studio as the analyst to Craig Way's announcing. We will be Fox' two-man team in the 'booth'

Way kewl! Where will y'all be ensconced? An underground secure bunker? A bunch of us would be glad to come help y'all with analysis.......

Craig does a great job with high school ball as well as college. And we know the guru of Sixman will speak with eloquent verbosity.........

Back