BEST SIXMAN PLAYER EVER

....If you have watched six-man football for the last 20 years or so, I think it is a no brainer Dewayne Miles was the best six-man player and best football player a six-man schools has produced...in the last 20 years for sure

Damine Jackson, Tyler Ethridge, Rory Peacock, Lyle Campbell, Gary Farquar, and Brandon Hoskins would be the next names I would toss around...

Trey Richey, Monte Richburg, Vicente Ramirez are in the talk once you start to go back a little farther.

I would consider Damien Jackson to be in the running for best ever. His senior year at Trinidad was one of the most dominate teams I have seen. Later on he was a standout / game changer at Tarleton State and still holds a couple of records there and made the LSC "All Conference Team" a couple of times.

I almost threw in some Throckmorton and Rule names...but those would be really in my third tier of players on The "greatest ever" list

Andre Ross should be up there in my 2nd tier.

I think if you saw them play you woulld know...the ones that were extremely talented that you knew could start on a college team if given a chance...and who looked like monsters on the High School field...Damien Jackson wasn't as tall but that dude was a man among boys

Richey did play rb at McMurry. Wish he would tell story of one of first times he carried the ball there. He met a former Jayton player. Ha

coach_gillespie":1lhjttfc said:
Paul Green, Sanderson. Hands down. Watch the Sanderson-Calvert '02 State Game. Green almost single-handedly shuts down Calvert's spread. They are up something like 44-6 at half. Right at the end of the first half, Paul Green gets a concussion, I believe, and is not permitted to go back into the game. Obviously we know what ends up happening. Calvert has the comeback of the century (as per state games), and takes the championship. If Green doesn't get injured, I believe this one is over middle of the third...

Sure Green's injury was a factor in second half, but I thought Calvert being shut down in the first half had more to do with their decision to 'pull' the opposite end on sweeps out of the T/I formation than anything that Sanderson was doing. I had never seen them do that before and why they chose the state game to experiment with that blocking scheme is beyond me...but discontinued the practice in the 2nd half and scored at will.

Manuel Beltran was amazing (I've seen him on film) and he did play for Ranger Jr College I believe (think he ended up suffering an injury that benched him)

I'd say imagine Tyler Ethridge and make him bigger and faster...that is what Beltran looked like...exactly the same kind of style of play.

Charley & his dad used to pull their boots off at the races in Fredricsburg and outrun quarterhorses in a 100 yd race. JD might have been faster than charley.

In Far Far Far West Texas there was a small town called the Fort who I'm sure had a few good 6-man players on those state championship teams

I have seen a lot of six man football and seen a lot of good players but in my eyes best of all time would be #21 Manuel Beltron from Cherokee Texas he is in the hall of fame 6man ...not only the best player but a great person as well...

Since Best 6man player has been done to death. How about School that produces the best 6man players. I nominate Milford.
Stanley Cook, Terran Carter, Earl Daniels, Anthony Brown, Norman Singleton, Alan Singleton, Louis Essary, Kacharo Cook, Lee Houston, Dedric Gates Chris Pendleton, Ricky Cook, Henry Coleman, Kinta Cook, Jackie Winchester, Cory Johnson, Keith Washington, Malcolm Wadley, Jamie Johnson, Jamar Davis, Jacob Essary. Can any other School match that.

Back