BEST SIXMAN PLAYER EVER

KB I stand corrected, your gonna be a papa to a baby boy. Sometime I read so fast I miss the points. Congratulations again.

If we are talking about successes after sixman football, I have to maintain my bias love towards Lyall Campbell from Gordon. My idol since 5th grade. He and Chance Kyte (sp) beat everyone that 99' season by themselves. Of course, they had role players who contributed, but all in all, I can safely say the two of them domonated the game that year.
I don't know all of the facts (I would love to have them), about his college career. All I know is he played defense for Dartmouth. That's very impressive.
Sure, he didn't have the outstanding stats I had, or that these other guys had that are mentioned above, but he was the type of player that dominated a game every week. I still remember the run he had against Panther Creek along the sideline. EPIC play!
Lyall was the type of player that would get sacked for 15 yards, turn around, then run for a 50 yard touchdown. I wish I could have played players like him, Brandon Hoskins, Bo Simpson, Trey Richie, Dwayne Miles, Darius Smith (Calvert), Paul Green (Sanderson). Even Bryan Ford of Calvert. That guy was a manchild. He nearly beat Throckmortan by himself my sophomore year.
It is all opinion anyway, who was/is the best. I'd love to sit down with all of these guys to debate over the topic. I'll pass on debating with bias haters. Proverbs teaches me well when faced with a fool. haha ;)

13forever":3htzrphy said:
I don't know all of the facts (I would love to have them), about his college career. All I know is he played defense for Dartmouth.

2003- 35 solo tackles, 38 assists, 73 total, 1 sack, 2 interceptions, 1 fumble recovery
2002- 55 solo tackles, 45 assists, 100 total, 2 sacks
2001- 25 solo tackles, 11 assists, 36 total
2000- 1 solo tackle

Total- 116 solo tackles, 94 assists, 209 total, 3 sacks, 2 interceptions, 1 fumble recovery

MelaniB":xmyoksjo said:
I'm sorry to lose it but no one ever applauds Tyler. Yes there are just as good or maybe better than Tyler that's ok. Just a little bit of kindness when his name is mentioned would mean the world. It's kind of like everyone would like to black him out but he was a great player and he's turned out to be a great man.

"he was a great player and he's turned out to be a great man"

Doesn't that describe the vast majority of 6 Man athletes? Taking nothing from. Tyler, but there are similar (eerily so) stories in every 6 man town.
They are all Heros for four years on the field, we need to try and not forget that when things don't pan out so well for'em.

This is the first time that I have ever heard anything bad about Tyler. All I have ever heard is how great he was... But to be considered the greatest or best is going to bring about "haters." (did I use that right David?) So Mrs. B, you just have to let Ckid and Mr. Blue sky attempt to put a black mark on Tyler's Career. Can we say Jealous?? Absolutely.

I wonder though are Ckid and Bluey sitting in the same trailer trying to play "smart guy, dumb guy" on the message board. "You should totally say that, that will be so good." "dude, you totally owned him."

I would accuse them of being the same person, but Bluey is using complete sentences and proper verb usage.

CKid, I gave you some sound advise once before, but you did not listen. So, do your town, your parents, this message board, and the world a favor and disappear. You will not be missed.....by any of them. Hell, even your parents will celebrate the day you don't come home, because they will have all the dope to themselves.

In my opinion

Greatest spreadback - Tyler Etheridge, Richland Springs
Greatest runningback - D Miles, Amherst
Greatest reciever - B. Hoskins, Whitharral

I think those are easy choices...for me it would be much harder in the 6man game to list greatest defensive players

Paul Green, Sanderson. Hands down. Watch the Sanderson-Calvert '02 State Game. Green almost single-handedly shuts down Calvert's spread. They are up something like 44-6 at half. Right at the end of the first half, Paul Green gets a concussion, I believe, and is not permitted to go back into the game. Obviously we know what ends up happening. Calvert has the comeback of the century (as per state games), and takes the championship. If Green doesn't get injured, I believe this one is over middle of the third...

Really not a fan of the kid (only because he pretty much single handedly destroyed Strawn in '09 State game), but Josh Colunga has got to be pound for pound one of the best running backs I've had the pleasure to watch. Kid had absolutely no quit in him.

Back