Best six-man players of all-time

So then the question is why leave a kid like that in the game once it's under control. Why not let the under classman play. Get some needed experience...unless of course you don't have the kids. I'm not arguing that these guys are not the best don't get it twisted. They are great! I'm saying that there are surely many great players that don't have the stats of these guys due to the team and coach they played for. Some of you may know where I'm from...so let's not get that twisted either, I'm not saying myself or the other back we had should be on this type of list. But for EXAMPLE PURPOSES ONLY. We had two good backs and a great defense. We never played passed the point when were 28-30 points ahead often times that was mid way through first quarters. Like very often lol.easier to say we played entire game four times that year two were shut out in the third and two went the distance. We had a coach who kept things very evenly distributed..so that other teams would have hard time figuring out who to key. Both of us had less than a hundred carries for the year yet put up descent numbers and made all state and all stars So what I'm saying is there surely are some players out there that were in similar situations that could be considered...I'm sure you all have a few kids in mind. Like I said in earlier post there is no way to factor those things in so it is what it is. Many argue who was best running back in NFL...Emmit has the stats but was he the best? Like I said earlier what if? Lol

Coyote07":3917z9v7 said:
Billy_Hoyle":3917z9v7 said:
Best I have seen

Tyler Ethridge
Brandon Hoskins
Bryce Hogue
Stacey Womack

Sorry you got three of those kinda right BUT stacey walmack shouldn't be up there. I remember that game in hico texas against us and on a 4th/short he was on the sideline?? Great athlete but not best of all time sorry. Tyler Ethridge owned the field when he stepped on it.
rumor has it Womack was not feeling well that night in Hico,no excuse, just what I heard

Rcblank85":2dnz6mcr said:
So then the question is why leave a kid like that in the game once it's under control. Why not let the under classman play. Get some needed experience...unless of course you don't have the kids. I'm not arguing that these guys are not the best don't get it twisted. They are great! I'm saying that there are surely many great players that don't have the stats of these guys due to the team and coach they played for. Some of you may know where I'm from...so let's not get that twisted either, I'm not saying myself or the other back we had should be on this type of list. But for EXAMPLE PURPOSES ONLY. We had two good backs and a great defense. We never played passed the point when were 28-30 points ahead often times that was mid way through first quarters. Like very often lol.easier to say we played entire game four times that year two were shut out in the third and two went the distance. We had a coach who kept things very evenly distributed..so that other teams would have hard time figuring out who to key. Both of us had less than a hundred carries for the year yet put up descent numbers and made all state and all stars So what I'm saying is there surely are some players out there that were in similar situations that could be considered...I'm sure you all have a few kids in mind. Like I said in earlier post there is no way to factor those things in so it is what it is. Many argue who was best running back in NFL...Emmit has the stats but was he the best? Like I said earlier what if? Lol

Let us know your name, and I'll nominate you as The GOAT buddy... =)

I see where you are coming from rcblank85. The supporting cast has a lot to do with making the star shine. There have been umpteen jillion kids who were really good who never got the chance to show it because they had poor to mediocre players around them. Every once in a while one kid can show his talent by himself, but not very often.
A really talented kid can often raise the confidence of the others on the team and also take enough pressure off them so that they can begin to perform better. But the Best of All-Time List will never include "Possibles".

Its not about me buddy dont get it twisted...I said I'm not in that category but kids that were or are in similar situations could be considered...I wouldn't trade what we had as a team for nothing....so here's some ideas ...kid from oglesby back in 80's, the Simms brothers from Mullin, The twins from Newcastle. Kid from panther creek in 90's there are many more who could be considered but played under different circumstances..I will say this again so you don't get confused the players mentioned are all great players. a kid from Cherokee was best athlete I ever seen and the fastest and toughest kid mentality and physically ever saw. But he's not gonna be on the record books. Although he did kill it at the state track meet..so again my point is it's not always the stats that makes the greatest players. But it is how we judge them.

The best of all time discussion. My favorite. Where people come to look and see if their name is on the list then get upset when it’s not.

glorydaze":2vpzy7bm said:
I would have to say out of the current players right now one that sticks out would be Ben Crockett from McLean! A 6’1” 200lb running back! He can throw, catch, kick pat’s and play defense. Not many of his stats were posted on this site but watching him play is amazing! He is team player who is humble and always gives someone else credit. Against Naz, his stats were pretty impressive 26 carries, 419 rushing yards, 7 TDs rushing; 1 TD passing; 433 yards total offense; 9 tackles! There were a couple other games I went to that he had 4-7 touchdowns with a great defensive game. I would definitely watch for this kid because I bet he’s got some more growing to do if he is only a sophomore.

Ben is a great football player and even better young man who comes from an amazing family. He is a stud and is going to be exciting to watch for the next couple of years.

So does Crockett have a supporting staff or is he a one man show the three games I saw mclean play there were several really big studs out there.

Rcblank85":1ime4zxe said:
Its not about me buddy dont get it twisted...I said I'm not in that category but kids that were or are in similar situations could be considered...I wouldn't trade what we had as a team for nothing....so here's some ideas ...kid from oglesby back in 80's, the Simms brothers from Mullin, The twins from Newcastle. Kid from panther creek in 90's there are many more who could be considered but played under different circumstances..I will say this again so you don't get confused the players mentioned are all great players. a kid from Cherokee was best athlete I ever seen and the fastest and toughest kid mentality and physically ever saw. But he's not gonna be on the record books. Although he did kill it at the state track meet..so again my point is it's not always the stats that makes the greatest players. But it is how we judge them.

Robert Perez of Woodson and Orlando Bell of Star come to mind reading this.

Very true we had some kids at groom that never really showed up in stats yet were our best players. They were leaders always set the tone and would knock your teeth out lol. So Rcblank I totally agree with you it's how we judge them and many go unnoticed because they are on the stat sheet if they even turned them in

What it really comes down to in discussions like this... are titles won.

Tyler Ethridge and Vicente Ramirez (The Cheetah) from Ft. Hancock both only ever lost 1 game in high school. Both were easily the best on their teams, respectfully.

If anyone knows of anyone else like this, please fill me in.

I will agree with Billy on TE and Hogue. The game in Breckenridge is one of the best I have ever seen. Both great athletes on great teams. Never saw the Hoskins kid play but he seems to make the list quite a bit. Saw Womack early in his career and thought he was good but not sure I’d put him as best of all time. (Not discrediting you Billy, just stating my opinion as you did yours)

Though most of my experience with six man is 90s- present you can not deny what guys like Pardee and Maynard did. Holy cow.

Guys that belong on this list are most of those voted in that All-Century team UIL did a few years back. I thought for the most part that was a pretty good list. I think the Strawn voters were quite strong. Also any names you see repeated over and over are probably deserving. If you have to throw stats out, you probably don’t deserve to be on this list.

Rcblank85":2nm2k3e5 said:

I wasn't talking about you. I wouldn't know you from Adam. I was talking about good players overall. There have been many who would be on the list if in the right circumstances. And by the way, just about every time this subject comes up on here, Charlie Gray is mentioned as deserving to be on the list.

Johnny South":2xlnokg6 said:
Rcblank85":2xlnokg6 said:

I wasn't talking about you. I wouldn't know you from Adam. I was talking about good players overall. There have been many who would be on the list if in the right circumstances. And by the way, just about every time this subject comes up on here, Charlie Gray is mentioned as deserving to be on the list.

I was referring back to American dream not you...where did Gray play and when ? I was away from the sport for several years and just don't remember that name. Of course at my age there's lots of things I can't remember. Lol

Back