Best six-man players of all-time

CleverUsername1

11-man fan
In your opinions, who are the best six-man players of all-time, both offensively, defensively, and overall? I'm sure I already know who Richland Springs fans are going to nominate lol.

That i've played, seen, or ran into while coaching, so it'll leave out a lot of great players I haven't actually seen:

Tyler Ethridge (Richland Springs)
Brandon Hoskins (Whit)
Jared Hicks/Jordan Hicks (Brookesmith/Richland Springs)
The Bo/Beau kid from Trent was pretty athletic in bball and football.

and two private school dark horses: Shade Cole (stephenville faith), Dante johnson (castle hills)

Edward Golden":2vqyvzm2 said:
Terran Carter-Milford

Damian Jackson-Trinidad

Dwayne Miles-Amerherst

Tyler Ethridge-Richland Springs

Monte Richburg-Highland

This is a real All-Time list.

This is the best list so far!
By the way...
Carter offered a few scholarships to play football but played college Basketball at Montana State I believe
Jackson played WR at Tarleton
Miles played RB at West Texas AM - record setter as well there
Richburg played LB at ACU (believe played as a freshman)

Trey Richey should be brought up anytime this topic is talked about (which is a lot)

Kenneth Konz
Ed Sprinkle
Don Maynard
Jack Pardee

All 4 played six-man football in Texas and all 3 played in the NFL

I would have to say out of the current players right now one that sticks out would be Ben Crockett from McLean! A 6’1” 200lb running back! He can throw, catch, kick pat’s and play defense. Not many of his stats were posted on this site but watching him play is amazing! He is team player who is humble and always gives someone else credit. Against Naz, his stats were pretty impressive 26 carries, 419 rushing yards, 7 TDs rushing; 1 TD passing; 433 yards total offense; 9 tackles! There were a couple other games I went to that he had 4-7 touchdowns with a great defensive game. I would definitely watch for this kid because I bet he’s got some more growing to do if he is only a sophomore.

glorydaze":128r75nc said:
I would have to say out of the current players right now one that sticks out would be Ben Crockett from McLean! A 6’1” 200lb running back! He can throw, catch, kick pat’s and play defense. Not many of his stats were posted on this site but watching him play is amazing! He is team player who is humble and always gives someone else credit. Against Naz, his stats were pretty impressive 26 carries, 419 rushing yards, 7 TDs rushing; 1 TD passing; 433 yards total offense; 9 tackles! There were a couple other games I went to that he had 4-7 touchdowns with a great defensive game. I would definitely watch for this kid because I bet he’s got some more growing to do if he is only a sophomore.

Check the "Top Performances" sections for each week...he and other McLean players are listed in almost all of them

Man you guys pulled some names out that definitely went to the old school but I have to say that I personally know Terran Carter and not only was he a great athlete but he is a great person. As I have mentioned before Miles just dominated and he represented 6man better than just about everyone else. I have heard some of those other names but never got to see them in person.

According to Mclean parent they only started to keep stats around week 8 or 9 not sure if correct but first time they show up on your board is week 10

tdog5344":27pk62ky said:
According to Mclean parent they only started to keep stats around week 8 or 9 not sure if correct but first time they show up on your board is week 10
Ya I didnt hassle the coaching staff for stats until about then so ya that seems right. I have season totals that will run once the season is over

Leman Saunders":2tvbyrz8 said:
Trey Richey should be brought up anytime this topic is talked about (which is a lot)

Kenneth Konz
Ed Sprinkle
Don Maynard
Jack Pardee

All 4 played six-man football in Texas and all 3 played in the NFL

Don Maynard played 6 man? Wow. I remember him from Namath and the Jet's. I still have both of their cards from 69-early 70's. Three Way eh.

http://profootballresearchers.com/archi ... 1-1052.pdf

The original wide receiver.

At the time he retired led the NFL in yardage, catches and TD's if I remember correctly from what I read earlier.

http://www.profootballhof.com/players/d ... ard/stats/

All the players mentioned were great players but this topic always has the what if's...what if the teams these guys played on had played better defense? Would they have scored as many td's or ran for as many yards had they shut the other teams down. That's a simple no...and so what about teams that had great players but played great defense too. Or the kids who played for coaches that would put in subs once score was up? With these factors plugged in its hard to say who belongs on the list...because surely there are kids not on any of these lists that could have produced the same or better stats but they were on teams with great defenses that ended games early or on a team with coach who would sub to give all the kids play time. That's a couple what if's to ponder...I know there is no way to really figure these factors in but sure seems there are lots of kids that are being over looked that were or are outstanding players. Food for thought.

How about the ones that played on good teams so most games were over at the half.
It’s fun to talk about these player but it’s impossible to say who was really the best.

Tyler Ethridge broke the national record for TD passes with most of his games ending at half time...
Everyone mentioned in the G.O.A.T conversation most likely only played til half also. (Most games)

Also, The Richland Springs Defense in 07 was possibly the best defense I've ever seen.

Billy_Hoyle":214hf738 said:
Best I have seen

Tyler Ethridge
Brandon Hoskins
Bryce Hogue
Stacey Womack

Sorry you got three of those kinda right BUT stacey walmack shouldn't be up there. I remember that game in hico texas against us and on a 4th/short he was on the sideline?? Great athlete but not best of all time sorry. Tyler Ethridge owned the field when he stepped on it.

Back