Best six-man game ever??

Yea that Milford and Amherst game was a cold one. I also remember a game in 1993 Milford was playing in Covington. It was about 30 degrees, but the light rain made it alot colder.

I have them all on film but the Ft Elliott, Balmorhea and Mullin v Milford game...McMurry University also has them as a part of the archive I set up with their library...I think they are going to put them all online in the future or at least parts of them

granger":2qv3rvfy said:
Thanks... there were so many guys on that Balmorhea team that could flat out run.

also for cold games, I forgot the Trinidad-Panther Creek game in Glen Rose

Trinidad-Panther Creek was indeed cold and a great game...Trinidad had a key player go down...

I was at San Angelo??Highland vs can't remember,
where the refs were faked out on the kickoff when time expired,,a faked kneel down was returned for a TD only to have the refs rekick,,that was strange,,,After the game ,drove non stop back to Mesquite,,,escaping death a couple times by missing deer on some dark a$$ roads.

oneday":2ai0zhrf said:
Another game that is of note here would be 1992 Panther Creek v Christoval in district play...PC won 56-50 First time they had beat Christoval I think too.

Back in those days, only Jayton and FT Hancock beat Christoval regularly.

Markf that would be the 2000 state championship game highland vs. Panther creek...brody cope catches a td pass in the endzone with one second left to put pc up 42-36. Jarod bowen runs back the kickoff for a td but there is an "inadvertant whistle". Rekick was covered well by pc final score pc 42 highland 36. One of the greatest sixman games in my mind...

Just to clarify...2000 State game ending...Bowen did not run the ending latteral on the kickoff return back for a TD, he was running and stopped as did every one else when the ref blew his whistle by mistake...but he did have an open field and may have scored on the run but a PC player did have an angle on him so who knows...but 100% for sure he did not return that trick play return to the endzone for a TD...on film it looks like guy who fielded the kick knee was down when he fielded it...watch the documentary on PC "7th Man" it shows it in slow-mo and still frame

phostoukosmou":3vkxeft1 said:
I may be biased because I was a part of it, but it is hard to beat an overtime state championship. Gelnview Vs. Fredricksburg in TAPPS Div. II.
Its ok to be biased, everyone else is. I like to think that I am biased, but open minded enough to realize that my team may not be the best in the world. (Not this year though, we are definitely the best)

from what i saw myself i would say garden city vs trock back in 09 playoff game in merkel also both og gc vs bc games in 2010 all three of these games were well worth going and bein in attendance to witness some good six man football.

From a coaching perspective, the best game I was involved in was when I was the head football coach at Summit Christian Academy, we were playing Hill Country Christian in the 2009-2010 season, it was our district opener and we beat them 90-88. The game had everything and came down to us recovering an onside kick by Hill Country to hang on to the win.

I agree with the GC / Throck game in 09'. I can't remember what round it was, Q final I think, score was 84 to 80. That was a great game in Merkel.

I hate to throw the privates in here but ...... Oct 2010 Azle Christian VS Waco Live Oak an interception with 10 seconds left tie game and a touchdown as time expired to win the game. It was one of the best sixman games I have ever seen.

I also watched Aquilla VS ???? I can't remember but the game came down to the extra point 1 to tie 2 to win. I believe Aquilla blocked the attempt.

One that I did not see that I've been told was a barn burner is the 1997 regional between Strawn and Trinidad.
T-dad won 94-80. I've read or been told it was the highest combined score in a playoff game up to that point.

Wisdomofone":204uuxcz said:
I hate to throw the privates in here but ...... Oct 2010 Azle Christian VS Waco Live Oak an interception with 10 seconds left tie game and a touchdown as time expired to win the game. It was one of the best sixman games I have ever seen.

I also watched Aquilla VS ???? I can't remember but the game came down to the extra point 1 to tie 2 to win. I believe Aquilla blocked the attempt.
2000 Aquilla vs Trent. I think I have the game film.

Back