Azle Christian vs. FW Harvest

the_coach

11-man fan
92-0? Wow is Azle that good or is Harvest that bad? I have seen some blow outs but this one is ridiculous. 92 points in one half. WOW!

the_coach":2066wtc0 said:
92-0? Wow is Azle that good or is Harvest that bad? I have seen some blow outs but this one is ridiculous. 92 points in one half. WOW!

I think the record is 102-0, Bryan Brazos Christian (now 11 man) over New Braunfels Christian back in 2000 or 2001.

Only reason I remember that is that later that same year, Brazos girls came to Lifegate for a playoff buckets game, which we won 55-25. Some daddy from Brazos stormed across the court, pointed his finger in my face and asked me if I allowed my coaches to "run up the score" like that.

I held my tongue (which was probably divinely inspired, I normally would have told the guy to stuff it), but the last guy I was going to take a lecture on running up the score was those guys.

By the way, 92 points means 4.6 points per minute or a touchdown every 1.5 minute of clock time.

We got beat once in a playoff game 88-6 ... and the refs kindly started a running clock with 5 minutes left in the second quarter; we were already down 66-6. It can happen.

Azle is a very good team! they will be in the tcaf title game! harvest has a good football coach in harper.. you win some you lose some! they will learn from the lost and will get better

Azle is just that good. Those Harvest kids played hard to the end. Azle only played with 9 players and some starters played a JV game on Thursday. From what I hear, this is the best Azle team they have ever had. They are solid on both sides of the ball. They keep fresh running backs in the game. They just have way to much speed on offense and defense. Azle does not have much size, they do have a couple of kids that go over 240 pounds. What makes Azle difficult to handle is there depth. They have at least 4 backs that can get up the field. By the second quarter, teams are gassed chasing these kids. There passing attack is awesome also. Overall a very complete team. Good luck stopping them!!!!

tarla":2hhqi6ea said:
Azle is just that good. Those Harvest kids played hard to the end. Azle only played with 9 players and some starters played a JV game on Thursday. From what I hear, this is the best Azle team they have ever had. They are solid on both sides of the ball. They keep fresh running backs in the game. They just have way to much speed on offense and defense. Azle does not have much size, they do have a couple of kids that go over 240 pounds. What makes Azle difficult to handle is there depth. They have at least 4 backs that can get up the field. By the second quarter, teams are gassed chasing these kids. There passing attack is awesome also. Overall a very complete team. Good luck stopping them!!!!
i agree this azle team will be hard to take out

In the most mis-matched football game that I have ever witnessed. This fan has to take his Crusader hat off to the team from FW Harvest. The Harvest team came to the ball game with only six players. Every player had to play every down, and did so with both tenacity, and class. Any one of the Harvest players could have quit, and ended the game before it was finally finished at Half time. instead, they played through the hurt.
There was no sideline chirping, or complaining from Harvest Players, or Coaches.
More than a few Azle fans ( including me and mine ) were openly cheering for the huge hearted Harvest underdogs before the second quarter even started.
Crusader stats were not important in this game.
I cant wait to see this Harvest team again next year. their "Never Quit" attitude is going to turn into wins for this team.

It was not a fun game at all to watch. Had it not been a district game I believe coach would have stopped it. The clock ran through the entire second quarter.

Now, how good is Azle? They had Bryson one score away from 45'n them before Bryson had am incredible comeback. Bryson has mauled everyone they have played ever since. Bryson is a very good team.
Blum no comment - no contest.
Temple Lewisville had whipped everyone they had played and with Alvus getting injured it changed the game in a hurry. I still believe that Azle would have 45'd them with Alvus.
Harvest enough said.

This week will be a game of the year. Mineral Wells is very good. They are extremely well coached and Cade is a very good QB. Let's see what happens against a team that I think has a shot a State.

The game was very lopsided. Azle has a very good football program, they are established and they have depth and experience. On the other hand FW.Harvest play this game with 6 boys, they have been playing all season with just 7 boys. These kids are young and inexperienced and when I say young I mean the oldest on the team is 15. I watch those 6 or 7 kids get banged up week in and week out but every week they are right back out there. Azle has a great team but also remember they once had a starting point. When starting a new program you have to be expected to take the good with the bad. Harvest will get better in due time!!!!!

In reference to my earlier post, I was not bad mouthing any of the teams that we have played and I was not trying to talk bad about the Alvis kid from Lewisville either. It was not my intention to make anyone look bad I was just trying to say the I believe that Azle is legit and that every team we have played with the exception of a couple were legit as well. If I came across as trying to make anyone look bad I do apologize.

Obviously Harvest Coach Harper has taught his boys about heart. They were trounced all night, never wanted to quit and still walked out with their heads high. Remember, Harvest is only in their third year of football.

Back