6 man History

1979 Hobbs Panthers, their last football team. The school continued on into 1990 when it was split up between Roby, Rotan, and Snyder.

25387581373_31295ec1a3_z.jpg

The 1946 Los Fresnos Falcons starting Lineup. They won the Valley 6 man district title in 1946, beating Pawnee in the bi-district game.

25934046561_999183ce64_z.jpg

Thanks Heath.

Old Bearkat":x3qk56vb said:
The 1946 Los Fresnos Falcons starting Lineup. They won the Valley 6 man district title in 1946, beating Pawnee in the bi-district game.

25934046561_999183ce64_z.jpg

Thanks Heath.

They also won the district title in 1947 and 1948, losing the bi-district game both years. In 1949 the Falcons went 11 man and now are a 6A school.

Thanks!. have you ever heard of that term?

From what I gather it was a reference to Off-season. When the players/coaches/fans would sit around a stove in the winter talk about their sport:)

CT6MFL":2auqa8iz said:

From what I gather it was a reference to Off-season. When the players/coaches/fans would sit around a stove in the winter talk about their sport:)

Nope, but your guess sounds pretty good. Maybe one of the old fart coaches that hang around here have heard the term........

Do we have any visionary folks among us. Just wondering if anyone has speculated the impact to 6-man football against the Interstate changes going on in Texas.

specifically I-69 and I-14

Old Bearkat":2bugf7qs said:
CT6MFL":2bugf7qs said:

Nope, but your guess sounds pretty good. Maybe one of the old fart coaches that hang around here have heard the term........
Not a coach but qualify for your other descriptives....... "Hot Stove League" is, I think, usually applied to describe the off-season of baseball when fans would contemplate trades, transactions and rumors........

Back